A Trip To Armenia & Nagorno-Karabakh

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Armenia & Nagorno-Karabakh

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2016, 4:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AS, Hertz Cirque Présidentielle
Rojava? Now that's a pretty dangerous move taken how small area they control, hence the fact that Assad hasn't had the resources to push hard against them. Sure you get technically Syria on your list, but just like Kurdistan, it's just technically a part of the host country.

I've postponed Syria for the time being myself. Based on maps and news, the coast might be an option within 1-2 yrs, depending on connections and the visa situation. I wouldn't venture to Rojava myself. There's the risk of getting trapped there, taken they're Kurds and you probably need to enter via Turkey. Will be interesting to hear how you got there.
Old May 2, 2016, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Flying Yazata
Rojava? Now that's a pretty dangerous move taken how small area they control, hence the fact that Assad hasn't had the resources to push hard against them. Sure you get technically Syria on your list, but just like Kurdistan, it's just technically a part of the host country.

I've postponed Syria for the time being myself. Based on maps and news, the coast might be an option within 1-2 yrs, depending on connections and the visa situation. I wouldn't venture to Rojava myself. There's the risk of getting trapped there, taken they're Kurds and you probably need to enter via Turkey. Will be interesting to hear how you got there.
Yes, no real safe place in Syria at the moment. I would have loved to visit further around the country, but obviously this is not really possible at the moment.

And if this only counts as 'technically' visiting Syria, I'm still pretty happy though.

Old May 4, 2016, 11:54 am

Great TR as always! The whole region is fascinating - making it to somewhere (anywhere!) in the Caucasus region is on my personal very-short-list when it comes to trip planning...

Nagorno-Karabakh is getting some coverage due to the release of a political song by a well-known mainstream artist.
Old May 11, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Great TR as always! The whole region is fascinating - making it to somewhere (anywhere!) in the Caucasus region is on my personal very-short-list when it comes to trip planning...

Nagorno-Karabakh is getting some coverage due to the release of a political song by a well-known mainstream artist.
Many thanks, arlflyer. Good to see Karabakh getting some publicity from System of a down. Maybe Kim Kardashian (who also has Armenian roots) can lend her support too?
Old May 11, 2016, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by DanielW
Maybe Kim Kardashian (who also has Armenian roots) can lend her support too?
She would probably get a "Thanks, but no thanks!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.