mag

Programs: LH M&M, FTL / *S
Originally Posted by Beven12S
Nobody does trip reports better.
+1

Thank you.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 5:30 am

Programs: AA-CK, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Congratulations on the 5 million. More importantly please keep writing your reports - your literary skill/style is simply amazing. Even though I have been on many of the exact same flights as you; your reports make them that much better for me even after the fact.

Again, thank you!
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:23 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
I have been dipping into this report on and off for the last few days and have enjoyed every part! Thank you for taking the time to write it; in realising how long it has taken me to read your report, the time you have spent writing must have been considerable. I enjoy your references to previous flying experiences, although remain amazed you can remember when you first had a poached egg on board! Do you make copious notes of every flight you take?

I enjoy the addition of your pictures, and I really like the Northern Lights picture of Alaska. Is seeing 2 colours like that normal? Or has the picture been enhanced in some way?

Again, thank you for a very enjoyable read.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 11:55 am
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Congratulation on your milestone and thank you for sharing this superb flight report. ^
Old Mar 31, 2016, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Congratulations on your amazing milestone and (as always) great TR ^^^
Old Mar 31, 2016, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
Originally Posted by Gripevo
As always, a fantastic read! Thank you and congratulations on 5 million miles!
Originally Posted by Duke777
Great trip report and congratulations on surpassing 5 million miles! Quite the accomplishment (and a nice way to complete the achievement).
Originally Posted by DanielW
Congratulations on the 5 million milestone, Seat 2A, and a great way to do it in style too. Thank you also for the very interesting and entertaining report on your very luxurious travels.
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
Thanks for posting this Trip Report
Originally Posted by mag
+1. Thank you!
Originally Posted by aw
Congratulation on your milestone and thank you for sharing this superb flight report.
Originally Posted by Madone59
Congratulations on your amazing milestone and (as always) great TR
Thank you one and all for your kind comments! I know my trip reports will always generate a few comments, but I do want it known that I never take your comments for granted. After having written 73 of these things, I'm thankful for all of you who've discovered my trip reports for the first time every bit as much as those of you who still find my reports worthy of your time. You're all THE BEST!

Originally Posted by MikeFly
Congratulations on the 5 million. More importantly please keep writing your reports - your literary skill/style is simply amazing. Even though I have been on many of the exact same flights as you; your reports make them that much better for me even after the fact.
Thanks for the props, Mike ^^. In this day and age of emails, texting and tweeting, real writing is becoming a lost art. I'm proud to continue carrying the flame.

Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour
I enjoy your references to previous flying experiences, although remain amazed you can remember when you first had a poached egg on board! Do you make copious notes of every flight you take?

I enjoy the addition of your pictures, and I really like the Northern Lights picture of Alaska. Is seeing 2 colours like that normal? Or has the picture been enhanced in some way?
Interestingly, I do take notes on my current flights (only the ones that I'm reporting on) and yet my memories of past flights are as vivid as if I flew them yesterday. While that doesn't include every meal I've ever had, it does indeed include specific meals with my earliest clear memory going back to a breakfast I had aboard a United DC-8 flying between Denver and New York JFK in September of 1969. We were served a boiled egg that had been run through one of those slicers that leave the egg in about fifteen slices (usually for salads). Ours was arrayed atop a toasted English muffin and topped with Hollandaise Sauce. I don't remember the accompaniments but I'm sure there was a meat of some type and potatoes. This was in coach. Later in the flight we were offered reception sandwiches from a big tray. Nobody went hungry back in those days.

Alaska's northern lights (Auroras) do occasionally take on two or more colors but in my experience this is rare. Most of the time they are a milky white, but every once in a while we get treated to an amazing and colorful display.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 12:17 am

Programs: BA Gold; AS MVP
Simply superb, 2A! Took me a two days and a couple bottles of a nice California chard to join you on your journey around the world - I have to confess that I was looking forward to the second half of your narrative (from Brisbane onward) this afternoon as I was involved in interminable meetings concerning seemingly mundane issues.

I am lucky enough to be able to experience EK's F class service from the West Coast (LAX, typically) 2 or 3 times a year to DXB onward to Jeddah, where I have a second home. Your travelogues capture the essence of F class travel across the globe.

Thank you for your written narratives, punctuated with photographs. For those of us who still read, your experiential descriptions are so welcome. Again, thanks, 2A - I'll think of you on my EK journey from LAX (starting in PDX) to JED next month.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:02 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Congrats!

Great report!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 5:31 am

Programs: bmi British Midland International Diamond Club
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!

I didn't want your report to end! Just brilliant reading! I had to google a few words that you used in your report which weren't familiar to my vocabulary! I imagined myself in your shoes and choosing which dishes I would have liked to try before reading each part of your meal descriptions. I haven't flown International First Class for a while and this has truly inspired me to book another trip this year. For the record, I don't think it's a waste of your hard earned miles to go for just a day. I would do exactly the same if it was me! Well done on another outstanding trip report!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:17 am

Great TR! No one does it better!
Old Apr 1, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Skymiles Plat/1MM, United Prem, Marriott Silver, HH Gold
Seat2A, just keep right on writing these fun, interesting, wonderfully photographed trip reports. They're all awesome and this one continues the series. Don't doubt that there aren't many of us that have big smiles appear when we see another one of your TRs appear.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 6:43 pm

Programs: All of them!
To repeat what others have said: Thanks for the huge amount of time spent to write such trip reports that are always so well written, with the added pleasure of such good photos. You have a great gift, and the fact that you add memories of past flights so many people that never will know how airline inflight service was long ago is a great addition. Believe me, your trip reports are never boring! Thank you!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 2:39 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Seat2A, thank you for the TR. I quite enjoyed reading it. Keep it up, and here's hoping to run into you, in one of the DOs!
Old Apr 2, 2016, 6:37 am

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by mike&co
Are you forgetting about SFO 777 and Daniel W . In any event, a first class report brilliantly presented with excellent pics. Thoroughly enjoyed reading it.^
I worded my post with care. I did not say Seat 2A is the best. I said that nobody does TRs better.
Old Apr 2, 2016, 8:38 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Outstanding Sir! Bravo on your achievement

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.