Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Account Man Visits San Francisco for Easter - BA F/J

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Although the SFO terminal is a very nice space (and I especially like the way the gate areas are sunken with sufficient space for passenger waiting) it is too bad you didn't get to experience boarding right from the lounge.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:06 pm
brg

Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Day 5
............ After the walk back and looking through a few shops I had got what I had come all this way for, a new pair of tracksuit bottoms to sleep in for the flight home!
It has been almost 10 yrs since my last F on BA.
SQ F and LH F became a yearly option with fantastic mile sales from US until 2011
Then EY and EK stepped up with AA and AS miles

I am curious - has BA stopped giving pajamas in F class?
Old Apr 3, 2016, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveNCL
Anyway, it's only 8 weeks until my next holiday to NYC so it's not all bad.
Getting back from NYC tonight, thinking toward my next trip is how I get through the monotony of being home.

My next hurdle: only 7 more weeks until I take off to Hong Kong and Australia for 10-11 days!
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Glad you enjoyed a final day in SF - I love the Exploratorium as well as their restaurant.
I hope you can get lobster again, and often - it is soft and delicious, and doesn't need to be tough.
Hope your bag was delivered to you ok - at least you weren't waiting by baggage claim for the bag!
Welcome home and thanks for the great TR. I love the Ferry Building but haven't eaten at Cowgirl Creamery - your TR was a good endorsement for it. Plus your walking feels inspiring. I definitely learned some good tips for my own city from your TR.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 11:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Ps did you get pajamas in F?? My mother-in-law flew BA F (LHR-ord) in 2010 with AA miles and gave me her (in-worn) F pajamas. But you mentioned about the tracksuit bottoms.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat; BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flyingboy200
Fantastic trip report. I always love reading your reports probably cause your a fellow Newcastle lad! I've had many great holidays in the city by the bay so the pictures brought back some great memories.
Thanks for taking the time to share with us man.
Thanks Flyingboy200

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Although the SFO terminal is a very nice space (and I especially like the way the gate areas are sunken with sufficient space for passenger waiting) it is too bad you didn't get to experience boarding right from the lounge.
I agree that was a shame, I am still not clear on what BA are doing with the lounge and the A380, I know an extension was talked about at one stage. To be honest apart from the First lounge, toilets and showers I didn't venture any further so anything could have been going on.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Getting back from NYC tonight, thinking toward my next trip is how I get through the monotony of being home.

My next hurdle: only 7 more weeks until I take off to Hong Kong and Australia for 10-11 days!
It's these small pleasures that get us through. I had not been home for more than 2 hours last week and I was already looking at other trips. I already have another 3 holidays planned in 2016 but there is always room for more, especially if a deal pops up!

Originally Posted by brg
It has been almost 10 yrs since my last F on BA.
SQ F and LH F became a yearly option with fantastic mile sales from US until 2011
Then EY and EK stepped up with AA and AS miles

I am curious - has BA stopped giving pajamas in F class?
Originally Posted by gaobest
Glad you enjoyed a final day in SF - I love the Exploratorium as well as their restaurant.
I hope you can get lobster again, and often - it is soft and delicious, and doesn't need to be tough.
Hope your bag was delivered to you ok - at least you weren't waiting by baggage claim for the bag!
Welcome home and thanks for the great TR. I love the Ferry Building but haven't eaten at Cowgirl Creamery - your TR was a good endorsement for it. Plus your walking feels inspiring. I definitely learned some good tips for my own city from your TR.
Originally Posted by gaobest
Ps did you get pajamas in F?? My mother-in-law flew BA F (LHR-ord) in 2010 with AA miles and gave me her (in-worn) F pajamas. But you mentioned about the tracksuit bottoms.
Yes sorry, I forgot the PJs. They were given out with the amenity kit before take off. I bought tracksuit bottoms as I didn't know if they would fit properly. I needn't have worried as a medium was perfect.
Old Apr 4, 2016, 4:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Awesome report, Dave. Even more excited about my SFO trip in August. Have taken your advice and diarised the booking date for Alcatraz!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.