Iceland Air Saga Class – Affordable way to fly transatlantic in business class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Iceland Air Saga Class – Affordable way to fly transatlantic in business class

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2016, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by makin'miles
Thanks for this - and agree that the Saga Lounge in KEF is very good.

Also, if you're in Economy Comfort, some of the seats are really outstanding. The ones on the D-F side, directly across from the door, are outstanding - and probably have a good 3-4 feet of legroom... so if you don't move up, those are a great option.
Ah, this is good to know. Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to book specific Economy Comfort seats at time of ticketing?
Old Mar 25, 2016, 1:43 pm
aw

Programs: TK Miles & Smiles, CM ConnectMiles, AA Advantage
Thank you Carfield for taking the time to post this interesting and detailed FR with great pics.

I believe that this is the most comprehensive report on FI's J product out there. ^
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Ah, this is good to know. Thanks for the info.

Is it possible to book specific Economy Comfort seats at time of ticketing?
Yes, Economy Comfort allows advanced seat selection. The best seats are probably 9C/D, unless you can advance select something in Row 4/5/6. These seats are considered exit rows, however, and can't be selected until online check-in.

If EC allows you to select Saga seats, I'd recommend choosing the last row, if possible, as the 'borders' between the three classes can shift, and its possible that passengers seated in EC row 4-5 could be shifted back if the cabin moves (based on sales, I understand).
Old Mar 30, 2016, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Thank you SO much for sharing this! As I've posted here before, Iceland will be my final country visited later this year, and I've been trying to decide if Saga Class was worth it for the relatively short flight. Appreciate the review!
Old Mar 30, 2016, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Yes, Economy Comfort allows advanced seat selection. The best seats are probably 9C/D, unless you can advance select something in Row 4/5/6. These seats are considered exit rows, however, and can't be selected until online check-in.

If EC allows you to select Saga seats, I'd recommend choosing the last row, if possible, as the 'borders' between the three classes can shift, and its possible that passengers seated in EC row 4-5 could be shifted back if the cabin moves (based on sales, I understand).
Very useful. Thanks!
Old May 13, 2016, 1:28 am

love the report!
Old May 13, 2016, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
So return is 1600 $? Would call value OK, but sometimes you also get BA around 1500 € which is another world.
Old Jun 25, 2017, 10:00 pm

Programs: TK E+, WY, Radisson R

I have EC coming up next week, I can select Row 5 or 6, so it seems 6 is the safest bet of having Saga seats, correct?

Yes, Row 9 is completely booked (for a reason).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.