Reload this Page >

Trip Report: Excellent Way to Fly – JAL CGK-NRT-JFK in First

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trip Report: Excellent Way to Fly – JAL CGK-NRT-JFK in First

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:42 pm

Great Trip Report! JAL is a great choice and I find the food probably the best out there...
Old Mar 5, 2016, 6:07 am

Programs: Delta
Originally Posted by SFO777
JL and CX First seats are indeed available, especially if you are only looking for a single seat. The best availability is far in advance or last minute.
I recently booked 4 LAX-HKG-LAX CX First seats on different dates for next December. A good way to find CX/JL availability is to search on BA.com.
Mr SF0777,
Thank You ! It is great, getting help from one of FTs Legends !! FYI, I have
read almost all of your TRs
Old Mar 5, 2016, 8:14 am

Originally Posted by gnargel
I understand JAL's concept (had it on my business class flight to JFK too).

What disappoints me is that after you have had your first meal in first class and you order some more food, you will be eating the exact same food as business class passengers. I do not know any other (non-US) airline that does that.
I guess I just never got too hung up on that. The Japanese set plates, whether the same as J or not, are in my opinion better than the F second meals I have received on other airlines anyhow - a full English or some mediocre dim sum, etc. It doesn't really bother me who else gets it.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 12:17 pm
Ambassador: Japan Airlines

Programs: JAL Mileage Bank, JMB Diamond, oneworld Emerald, Bonvoy Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by gnargel
I understand JAL's concept (had it on my business class flight to JFK too).

What disappoints me is that after you have had your first meal in first class and you order some more food, you will be eating the exact same food as business class passengers. I do not know any other (non-US) airline that does that.

Still looking for an award that allows me to combine JAL and CX first class on one award departing from Europe though :-) (do not have enough miles to book two awards)
It's not exactly the same. There are items only available in F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.