Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canada - Cuba on Air China J

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I wish they would fly YYZ-HAV and give Air Canada a run for their money. And too bad they jacked up their business flights from $600 to $1200.

On your return, Cuban airports are not going to serve the same level of meals as you would get all over the world, and thats why you did not get a proper J breakfast. Even on the AC flight you get an omelette in J class but its not the best.
Glad that you read our return flight's review!

We certainly did not quite expect the meal service to be that way; even an omelette would suffice! It also didn't help that they did not have any fruits to go along with...

But I agree with everyone here that the flight experience is pretty unique. I would say that if you've the opportunity to fly to Havana, try this flight! Air China always has promotional fares anyway
Old Feb 11, 2016, 9:03 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Somehow, I don't expect this particular route to last. Seems like one of those routes that last for 9-14 months then it's quietly discontinued.

Get it while you can - although I can't seem to find any $600 USD fares either. $1,200 CDN seems to be the lowest now. . .
Old Feb 28, 2016, 3:01 pm

Any mileage program that allows booking this flight? I tried on both UA and AC, and they both don't allow HAV as a destination.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Somehow, I don't expect this particular route to last. Seems like one of those routes that last for 9-14 months then it's quietly discontinued.

Get it while you can - although I can't seem to find any $600 USD fares either. $1,200 CDN seems to be the lowest now. . .
From China to Cuba you need to make a stop. The choices are Canada or Mexico for CA.

However I have been visiting Cuba for vacation where you get flight, a week in an all inclusive sub$600Canadianout of YYZ, but it is on vacation charter flights and not J.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by hkskyline
I have never had the seat belt sign turned off on any of the Chinese carriers' flights. For some reason, they always kept it on even at cruise. So they didn't do that on this 5th freedom?
Right, they had to kept seat belt on or off during the flight. You have to remain in seated. If your flight is good. You don't have any problems. If you have a bad turbulence. You must listen from FA had to say. You must follow the flight crew instructions.

Actually, this is fifth freedom traffic rights, but there is bilateral agreements. They had to stop in Montreal to refuel the planes and continue on the flight. Because of this, they don't have enough range to reach into Cuba. Due to weight restrictions.
Old Mar 17, 2016, 7:16 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Were you able to get United mileage credit for this flight?
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:18 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thanks for this report. I am booked on the route for later in the year and was curious to know what to expect...
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:11 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
That is a great 5th Freedom route!! Thanks for the TR.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 1:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Oh, how interesting! With Cuba lurking in the background of our trip planning, this option sounds like a steal - if only they were in oneworld

Thanks for the details. ^
Old Mar 25, 2016, 2:51 pm

I wonder how they can make any money on that route.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Anyone else find it really odd that select items were served in plastic take-out food style containers, placed next to the china?
Old Mar 26, 2016, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Now if they would just fly out of Toronto and give Air Canada a run for their money.
Old May 9, 2016, 8:23 pm

Programs: ,AA Advantage,UA Mileage Plus, Delta Skymiles, JetBlue TrueBlue,Avianca Skymiles, WestJet
Thanks for AirChina YUL-HAV review

Thanks for the great review! I found it quite insightful and interesting to read

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.