Search

American 767-300 New FIRST CLASS MIA-DFW

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2016, 10:04 am
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, HH Diamond
American 767-300 New FIRST CLASS MIA-DFW

This is a review of the American Airlines Boeing 767-300 with the new First Class Cabin, which is also used as an international Business Cabin.

Our plane was switched out at the last minute and we ended up flying it from Miami to DFW.

I have uploaded a video report and the classic version below.

We had just flown into Miami from Lima and had our first connection to making our way back to Los Angeles.

We had about 1 hour and 30 minutes to make our connection and quickly picked up our bags and rechecked them,

We then found our gate and had to take the mono rail to the D terminal.

We had been booked on a 767-300 the entire time for about 2 months and at the last minute the cabin was changed from the old style business class lay out to the newer 767 cabin.

Boarding was called on time, even though there was a fair amount of storms in the area at the time.

Upon boarding the aircraft I was really impressed with the cabin when we walked in, the layout is 1 - 2 - 1 and is great for a domestic first class cabin.

I was in seat 8A and had direct aisle and window access

The seat has good storage options and lots of places to put my phone and travel documents.

The only downside is that the entertainment is located on TV screens located in the aisle, i'm not sure if you get an Ipad or anything when flying this international.

Take off was pretty much on time and we took off into the cloudy / rainy skies above and did some good cloud maneuvering during our climb out

After a short time we made it to wonderful clear blue skies

Before dinner service began, I test out the seat in the flat bed position

It was pretty comfortable and had a nice length to the bed and it felt private.

The dinner service then started and the cabin crew had not completed a service in the new cabin before and really had to idea how to get the tray tables out or where any of the storage or headphone jacks were located.

We started with the warm nuts

The evening skies were perfect and smooth and it would be a comfortable ride for dinner

Tonight's dinner was a filet of beer with lobster mac & cheese served with a side salad and bread role. This was probably the first time in a long time where the steak was cooked medium and tasted good, the lobster mac and cheese was also delicious and i did eat the entire meal and really enjoyed it, I discussed the food with the crew and they said it was a new option American had been testing out on shorter domestic flights.

The following up with today's meal was the classic warm cookie

After dinner i enjoyed watching the sunset from my seat and just relaxed for the rest of the flight as we only had about 55 minutes remaining.

We made our smooth approach into clear skies over DFW and touch down smoothly.

The only snag was our gate was occupied by a plane that had broken down and we had to wait 40 minutes until we could be taken to our gate once the plane had been removed.

Overall a very nice short domestic flight, a much better seat than refular domestic flights and on a large plane which I always prefer.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: Southwest Rapid Rewards; AAdvantage; Alaska Mileage Plan; Wyndham Rewards; Choice Hotels
Thanks for the Trip Report and pictures. Did you have a choice of meals?
Old Jan 2, 2016, 5:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon
DFW-MIA always has a choice of meals except on the flights after 8 p.m. which only feature warm nuts and cookies.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:33 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loose Cannon View Post
DFW-MIA always has a choice of meals except on the flights after 8 p.m. which only feature warm nuts and cookies.
Yes you are correct, I did pre order my meal online in advance, I know that my wife had a paste shell dish, not sure exactly what is was.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
I know they don't give out the tablets on shorter mid-cons like this, but did they at least show video programming on the overhead monitors? I didn't see any headphones at your seat or mention of video programming.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Great report thanks for posting!

That food looked disgusting.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great TR - thanks for sharing!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 5:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
A nice product for domestic
Old Apr 6, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
thanks for a nice TR ^
Old Apr 7, 2016, 2:06 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by enviroian
Great report thanks for posting!

That food looked disgusting.
The beef was probably tough and the macaroni was probably greasy and microwaved.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP (AC), DL G (SC), Bonvoy LTP, & IHG AMB
Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
The beef was probably tough and the macaroni was probably greasy and microwaved.
My experience with this dish mirrors yours miamiflyer8. I can't believe that the beef and mac'n'cheese is still being offered. It's been how many months now? :roll eyes:

Always nice to get a wide-body though; thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:51 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

I know they don't give out the tablets on shorter mid-cons like this, but did they at least show video programming on the overhead monitors? I didn't see any headphones at your seat or mention of video programming.
From memory I don't remember seeing any headphones at all. I don't even remember if there was an Airshow anymore.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 1:52 pm
formerly southsidesilver
Original Poster

pretty much spot on
Old Apr 8, 2016, 10:06 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Yes - on all B767 MIA-DFW flights I was on, they were showing something on the over overhead monitors. Headphones are not provided.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.