A Couple Days in Lima AA 767 JFK-MIA-LIM-MIA-JFK F/J

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Couple Days in Lima AA 767 JFK-MIA-LIM-MIA-JFK F/J

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:01 pm

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Great report. As I read this, I am on a Delta flight from ATL to LIM. About to arrive in Peru for the first time.
Old Dec 28, 2015, 10:34 pm

Programs: LANPASS premium silver, A3
I am glad you enjoyed Lima, the city has improved a lot and Miraflores is a friendly area to stay in. I hope that you decide to visit Cuzco in the near future, I am sure you will like it. If you would like recommendations on where to stay or eat just PM me
Old Dec 29, 2015, 12:19 am

I'm glad I am not the only one that likes to try out McDonalds in every country I visit I am at 9/10 (Cuba the exception, I did see some golden arches though)!
Great report, it makes me miss Peru, a wonderful country.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:52 am

Programs: United Premier, Air France Silver, AAdvantage, Matmid Gold
Originally Posted by 767traveller
I am glad you enjoyed Lima, the city has improved a lot and Miraflores is a friendly area to stay in. I hope that you decide to visit Cuzco in the near future, I am sure you will like it. If you would like recommendations on where to stay or eat just PM me

I'm in Barranco for the next 2 weeks.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 10:11 am

Thanks for sharing. We were in Lima Sept 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed the city as well. It's a shame so many people skip it and head out to the Sacred Valley/MP area without spending some time there.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 4:55 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Madone59
Cool TR, thanks for sharing ^
Thanks for reading!

Originally Posted by jtav559
Awesome little trip you put together for yourself!

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks. I was pretty pleased with how well it all came together so quickly.

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
+1.My trip is next summer and I'm taking the same AA flights in biz to and from Peru, so nice to see what that flight is like.
Yeah it was pretty good. On the red eye it was all about the seat for me. The service on the way down could have been better, but I understand it's an American airline so I know better then to expect to be wowed.

Originally Posted by adrouault
Great report. As I read this, I am on a Delta flight from ATL to LIM. About to arrive in Peru for the first time.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Originally Posted by 767traveller
Thanks for the kind offer. I hope to be down that way again in June.

Originally Posted by AlmostJesus
I'm glad I am not the only one that likes to try out McDonalds in every country I visit I am at 9/10 (Cuba the exception, I did see some golden arches though)!
Great report, it makes me miss Peru, a wonderful country.
Its definitely one of my guilty pleasures while traveling.

Originally Posted by adrouault
I'm in Barranco for the next 2 weeks.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Originally Posted by SuperDudley
Thanks for sharing. We were in Lima Sept 2014. We thoroughly enjoyed the city as well. It's a shame so many people skip it and head out to the Sacred Valley/MP area without spending some time there.
I agree the city had a lot to offer. Certainly would have been a shame to never leave the airport on the way out to Cusco.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 4:29 am

I recommend the Radisson Decapolis in Miraflores. I did a review on the hotel in my blog - and the breakfast was amazing.

For sightseeing, I think I used the same tour company - I bought the half day city tour.

Did you try any of the cerviche? I had it at both better restaurants and at small food stalls - and it was always great.
Old Jan 6, 2016, 1:28 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Exec P, Lifetime Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Avis Pres. Club, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Long Train Runnin
Introduction

Oh well I’d have to chance it in Miami I did have a travel alert on my debit card, but I hate relying totally on ATMs in foreign countries. Probably one of the best ways to exchange money is via an ATM in a foreign country

As got over to the gate for the flight I couldn’t believe how empty the terminal felt. For Monday morning in New York it just didn’t seem like there were a lot of folks flying. You were flying at 11AM, there are hardly any commuters by that time.
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by katstarr
I recommend the Radisson Decapolis in Miraflores. I did a review on the hotel in my blog - and the breakfast was amazing.

For sightseeing, I think I used the same tour company - I bought the half day city tour.

Did you try any of the cerviche? I had it at both better restaurants and at small food stalls - and it was always great.
Yes I tried the cerviche while I was there. Was very good I'm glad that I tried it even though I don't think I would have ordered it without the guides recommendation. Raw seafood isn't really something I tend to look for on a menu. However, it was excellent along with all the food I tried there. (McDonalds excluded)
Old Jan 7, 2016, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peterk814
Probably one of the best ways to exchange money is via an ATM in a foreign country
Yes I am aware that using an ATM is a good way to make sure you get a good rate, but I always like to have a little local currency in my pocket before I arrive. Even if it means I don't get the best rate. For me the peace of mind is more important the ~$10USD

Originally Posted by peterk814
You were flying at 11AM, there are hardly any commuters by that time.
I understand that, but I've been in other airports around that time in smaller markets that were busier than JFK left that day.
Old Jan 11, 2016, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nice report, thanks for posting

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.