Reload this Page >

Six Days In Sri Lanka

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Six Days In Sri Lanka

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, EK Silver, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis Pref+
As a Sri Lankan myself, I found your pictures amazing and rekindled my home sickness. Great trip report, and I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself in my homeland. I encourage anyone to go, it's relaxed, laid back and everyone is friendly.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Great TR as usual Where next?
Thank you, Calchas. Next trip is just over a week away, another winter trip to Europe.

Originally Posted by theshaun
Another great report!
Cheers, theshaun.

Originally Posted by rjtraveler
Great TR, love, love, love your photos! Last month I was in India, and as much as I loved India, Sri Lanka seems so calm and organized in comparison. Sri Lanka is now on my bucket list Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, rjtraveler. Yes, I've been to India a couple of times, and Sri Lanka was surprising well developed to me. GDP per person is about double than in India, and is probably closer to SEA in terms of development overall rather than the other South Asian countries.

Originally Posted by livingfire835
As a Sri Lankan myself, I found your pictures amazing and rekindled my home sickness. Great trip report, and I'm glad that you enjoyed yourself in my homeland. I encourage anyone to go, it's relaxed, laid back and everyone is friendly.
Many thanks, livingfire835, always good to get positive feedback from a 'local'. Agree with your comments too on everyone being very relaxed and friendly.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DanielW
GDP per person is about double than in India, and is probably closer to SEA in terms of development overall rather than the other South Asian countries.
I initially read "SEA" as Seattle
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:01 am
Suspended

Nice one. Some familiar places there.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:38 pm

You are an exceptional photographer. Really well done. ^
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:18 am

Programs: QF WP LTG
Another wonderful trip report Daniel, bravo.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mpkz
Nice one. Some familiar places there.
Thank you, mpkz, and thanks again for the tip for the float plane.

Originally Posted by Cohall
You are an exceptional photographer. Really well done. ^
Cheers, Cohall. Just bought a new lens so will be putting it through its paces on my next trip.

Originally Posted by snabbu
Another wonderful trip report Daniel, bravo.
Many thanks, snabbu.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 8:58 am

It's so great to see your reports. I like a good first class trip report like most people, but I really love to see people getting out and about doing things in the destination. Terrific pictures as always. How much time do you spend processing them?
Old Nov 25, 2015, 1:55 pm

Very much enjoyed reading this - the wife and I have been considering Sri Lanka recently and this made for good inspiration.
Beautiful photos
Old Nov 26, 2015, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska Million Miler, United Million Miler, Wyndham Rewards Diamond, Choice Hotels Diamond
I haven't been over to the Trip Reports Forum in quite some time but it was a nice welcome back to see this and your Lebanon report gracing the current offerings. When it comes to photo reports, yours are amongst the very best - anywhere - and it's nice to see that these latest offerings clearly show you're still at the top of your game. Bravo, sir. Bravo! ^
Old Nov 27, 2015, 10:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
It's so great to see your reports. I like a good first class trip report like most people, but I really love to see people getting out and about doing things in the destination. Terrific pictures as always. How much time do you spend processing them?
Thank you, farbster. Sitting in the back of the plane, there's not too much to photograph, so I have to make up for it with my destination pics.

It takes about 5 minutes on average per photo (cull, process, resize, upload, get link etc.). Just over 200 photo's in this TR so about ~20 hours work. Then a few more to add some words etc.

Originally Posted by BaldVegan
Very much enjoyed reading this - the wife and I have been considering Sri Lanka recently and this made for good inspiration.
Beautiful photos
Cheers, BaldVegan. Yes, you won't regret a visit to this beautiful island.

Originally Posted by Seat 2A
I haven't been over to the Trip Reports Forum in quite some time but it was a nice welcome back to see this and your Lebanon report gracing the current offerings. When it comes to photo reports, yours are amongst the very best - anywhere - and it's nice to see that these latest offerings clearly show you're still at the top of your game. Bravo, sir. Bravo! ^
Many thanks for the great compliment, Seat 2A. Interesting prose is not my forte so glad the photo's make up for it. Hopefully one more TR to come before the end of 2015.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, HH Diamond, Delta Platinum
EXCELLENT trip report! Thank you!
Old Nov 28, 2015, 4:39 pm

So good! Thanks for sharing another wonderful report!
Old Dec 8, 2015, 6:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benjahman
So good! Thanks for sharing another wonderful report!
Many thanks, benjahman, hopefully another TR very soon.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 2:36 pm

Programs: AA Gold
I'm going to SL Feb. 2016!!

Daniel, my husband and I will be visiting Sri Lanka in February 2016. He has been unenthusiastic about going but after he looks at these photos I know he'll be excited. We will travel in the opposite direction as you from Negombo to Cultural Triangle to Kandy to Nuwara Eliya to Ella to Tangalle and end in Unawatuna over 14 days with a driver. I will visit some of the same parks/sights as you did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.