Reload this Page >

Sydney the looong way; EY 789 J/F, EY A380 F, 16 hours in QR F Al-Safwa Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney the looong way; EY 789 J/F, EY A380 F, 16 hours in QR F Al-Safwa Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2015, 6:57 am

That was pretty fun. Thanks for the read.
Old Nov 29, 2015, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior
Very good read! Thanks so much for sharing.
Now can you please also post the wine menus from all the flights? Thank you!
Thanks f4freeJunior! I'll have to check, I may have recycled the wine menus already.

Originally Posted by thesly
That was pretty fun. Thanks for the read.
Thanks thesly!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 6:16 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Great report and photos, thanks iluvdoco. It's inspired me to attempt to cash in my Virgin Australia miles on EY F SYD-AUH-IST next year. Just signed up for a credit card whose bonus will neatly get me over the line for that
Old Nov 30, 2015, 2:46 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
fantastic TR as always. pictures are amazing, especially the food!
Old Nov 30, 2015, 4:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mad_atta
Great report and photos, thanks iluvdoco. It's inspired me to attempt to cash in my Virgin Australia miles on EY F SYD-AUH-IST next year. Just signed up for a credit card whose bonus will neatly get me over the line for that
Thank you mad_atta! Keep us posted on your trip!

Originally Posted by injian
fantastic TR as always. pictures are amazing, especially the food!
Thanks injian! Finally lost the weight I gained from that trip.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:14 am

Just out of curiosity, did you check (or research beforehand) whether EY allows arriving inbound pax to use the lounge at IAD? Because, you know, more food. Posts circa 2014 indicated that this was forbidden, but things sometimes change.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Just out of curiosity, did you check (or research beforehand) whether EY allows arriving inbound pax to use the lounge at IAD? Because, you know, more food. Posts circa 2014 indicated that this was forbidden, but things sometimes change.
I didn't. I was so full off my inbound flight that I couldn't think about more food at that point.

Also, the IAD food selection was about average.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Diamond Ambassador, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Gold, Hilton Gold
What an amazing aspirational TR. Can't believe it's over. Always love the food based reports.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 9:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spymon
What an amazing aspirational TR. Can't believe it's over. Always love the food based reports.
Thanks Spymon! I also love food based reports.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 6:29 am

Wow! The best report I've read, along with the best candid pictures on the EY A380 Apartments. I'm dying with anticipation for my LHR-AUH and AUH-SYD flights next week!
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:31 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tng11
Wow! The best report I've read, along with the best candid pictures on the EY A380 Apartments. I'm dying with anticipation for my LHR-AUH and AUH-SYD flights next week!
Thanks tng11! I hope you report back and let us know how much food you consumed.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
My macros are also set slightly higher due to my fitness regime (though there, as a result, is also a bit lower tolerance for alcohol, should I want to maximise gains.)
As well, most of my flights (particularly LONHKG/LONSIN/many TATL flights), I only attempt to maximise sleep for optimal performance at work the next day.
I couldn't even think about eating that much food.
Thanks for taking one for the team!
(and, in the case of CX catering, since it has gone downhill over the last bit, it helps as I am tempted to eat less, though I do have SQ F as well as EY F in the mix, as well as a number of BA (I class) business sectors and CX regionals.)
Old Dec 3, 2015, 5:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
My macros are also set slightly higher due to my fitness regime (though there, as a result, is also a bit lower tolerance for alcohol, should I want to maximise gains.)
As well, most of my flights (particularly LONHKG/LONSIN/many TATL flights), I only attempt to maximise sleep for optimal performance at work the next day.
I couldn't even think about eating that much food.
Thanks for taking one for the team!
(and, in the case of CX catering, since it has gone downhill over the last bit, it helps as I am tempted to eat less, though I do have SQ F as well as EY F in the mix, as well as a number of BA (I class) business sectors and CX regionals.)
Thanks AA_EXP09! It's a tough job, but somebody's got to do it!
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Blue | British Airways Blue Executive Club
Glad you enjoyed your trip, a very entertaining report, thank you
Old Dec 9, 2015, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Farrukh_Ali_777
Glad you enjoyed your trip, a very entertaining report, thank you
Thank you, Farrukh_Ali_777!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.