Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Finnair A350XWB, HEL-LHR, in J

Old Oct 26, 2015, 7:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.

Here's a video TR of my trip onboard Finnair's brand new A350XWB. This was on a proving short haul flight, before it hits the long hauls in "proper" service.

It was the first Finnair A350 visit to London.

Hope you enjoy, and please subscribe! There are dozens more videos planned...

(Flyertalk rules mean I must disclose that I may have financial interest in this video, should I decide at a later date to monetise my YouTube channel.)

Old Oct 26, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a great video reports. I'm so glad you had a great flight. You are so lucky that you flew on A350-900XWB. I can see flight tracking map, and I can see front landing gear, and tail camera, as well. That was so incredible air moving map. I am really like it. It's great! Hope you can meet me in PHX Airport, but I work at terminal 4. I will be working at LoLo's Chicken & Waffles and come to say hello. I'm work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I work 10am to 4pm. You can stop by to say hello.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the video report.

The Finnair Premium Lounge is beautifully designed and a very comfortable place to while away a few hours.

It's great to have local touches like the lingonberry bath products in the shower, makes it different and local.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
Caught the informative comment about the length of the seat----indeed it does look a bit short for the taller traveller. Possibly not a huge deal for this short flight, am thinking any approaching 6 feet or taller (self included) might find it short for sleeping on a long haul overnight.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 11:23 am

Programs: UA1K/RCC, Avis CHM, NWA Plat, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by N830MH
Wow! What a great video reports. I'm so glad you had a great flight. You are so lucky that you flew on A350-900XWB. I can see flight tracking map, and I can see front landing gear, and tail camera, as well. That was so incredible air moving map. I am really like it. It's great! Hope you can meet me in PHX Airport, but I work at terminal 4. I will be working at LoLo's Chicken & Waffles and come to say hello. I'm work on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I work 10am to 4pm. You can stop by to say hello.
Scotty, I'm not sure you should be posting details about your work and schedule.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dimramon
Scotty, I'm not sure you should be posting details about your work and schedule.
I don't see a problem with it and will stop by and say hello to him if I am passing thru.

Great video OP.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: I go wherever the content takes me.
Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Originally Posted by skye1
Caught the informative comment about the length of the seat----indeed it does look a bit short for the taller traveller. Possibly not a huge deal for this short flight, am thinking any approaching 6 feet or taller (self included) might find it short for sleeping on a long haul overnight.
It is much shorter than I expected. When I took that clip my seat was fully back. I also had a quick lie down and my feet were not touching the end, but were still constricted by the cubby hole's tapering width (I did have my shoes on, though).

I would still choose this product but would caution against it if you're 6 foot plus.

Originally Posted by Coathanger
Thanks for the video report.

The Finnair Premium Lounge is beautifully designed and a very comfortable place to while away a few hours.

It's great to have local touches like the lingonberry bath products in the shower, makes it different and local.
Agreed. It is a distinctively Finnish place.

For those who don't know, it pays to get in there early, before the evening long hauls. I've seen it standing room only before. My strategy is to arrive early if possible, eat, and then find somewhere quiet on the second half-level to charge my phone and chill out.
Old Nov 5, 2015, 3:35 am

That's how to do a YT trip report.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.