Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day trip to LA on a beautiful Challenger 604

Search this Thread

Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
excellent report, thank you!

I am intrigued by that application you have open on your macbook? What is that?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
^^^ Next time you are in LA flying back on private, hit me up! Excellent report as always.
Thanks MatthewLAX. Will let you know if I'm fly solo ex-VNY/LAX/SNA etc... but realistically, it's only going to be the outbound. Since these empty legs can be cancelled, it is generally risky to position for one of them.

Originally Posted by dordal
Every time you write one of these, I'm that much closer to getting a membership.
Sigh. Don't tell their sales guy.
LOL. Thank you dordal.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Beautiful pictures. And you were the only passenger? How often do other people jump on the same flights as you?
How many people can you take on a flight with your membership?
Thanks very much SanDiego1K. Yes, I was the only passenger. As members, we can take as many passengers as we want at no cost. On this flight and all flights from Travel Management Inc. (Challenger 604s, Hawker 800s and 400s), we get the entire plane. No one that we don't invite flies with us. JetSmarter recently partnered with XOJet on their Citation Xs and Challenger 300s. Those empty legs operate a little differently and there is a "risk" of sharing the plane with others. JetSmarter members can book 3 seats at no cost but other members can also book seats on the flight. As Mrs. SFO astutely commented, "well, then that's not private, is it?"

Originally Posted by cefiro
excellent report, thank you!
I am intrigued by that application you have open on your macbook? What is that?
Thank you cefiro. If it's the one on my LAX-DEN flight, that is the standard map that pops up when you log onto Gogo.

Last edited by SFO777; Oct 21, 2015 at 5:24 am
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Awesome report. I've been on our company Challenger many times, it is a great way to travel, and definitely gets you spoiled. Did your plane have Gogo Biz Wi-Fi?
Old Oct 21, 2015, 8:10 am

Re: so so Margaritas..... Just put a Grand Marnier floater on it. It will improve the worst of them!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 11:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great, TR - thanks for sharing. Looks like that jet had space for golf clubs, yet I didn't see any
Old Oct 22, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1.6MM
Wonderful report SFO777. ^ ^ ^

The tacos looked delicious. I will add that restaurant to my list next time I'm in the LA area.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:21 am
Community Director Emerita

Is your membership a family membership? Is there even such a thing? I'm wondering if a couple can enroll, and then either husband or wife fly without the other?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ScottC
Awesome report. I've been on our company Challenger many times, it is a great way to travel, and definitely gets you spoiled. Did your plane have Gogo Biz Wi-Fi?
Thanks ScottC. Spoiled for sure. Yes, we did have Wifi but it wasn't Gogo.

Originally Posted by LANDJ999
Re: so so Margaritas..... Just put a Grand Marnier floater on it. It will improve the worst of them!
LOL. Good idea. The basic one was enough since I was driving.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Great, TR - thanks for sharing. Looks like that jet had space for golf clubs, yet I didn't see any
Thank you Madone59. Ha, lots of room for golf clubs!

Originally Posted by warreng24
Wonderful report SFO777. ^ ^ ^
The tacos looked delicious. I will add that restaurant to my list next time I'm in
the LA area.
Thanks warreng24.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is your membership a family membership? Is there even such a thing? I'm wondering if a couple can enroll, and then either husband or wife fly without the other?
Good question. Yes, it is a family membership but limited to only husband and wife. So either of us can book and fly, even on the same day on different flights.
Old Oct 22, 2015, 10:48 am

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hi SFO777,

Great report!

After persuing over your musings about the empty legs, I'm left with one question -- as an aviation geek myself, have you seen a Piaggio P.180 Avanti available yet? As you can see, it is a very unique aircraft:

-LPDAL
Old Oct 22, 2015, 12:17 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Awesome report, as always! What a gorgeous little jet.

Out of curiosity's sake, where does the FA sit when she's not working in that little galley area? I noticed in one of the pics that there seems to be a screen that is pulled in front of the boarding door - does that have a jumpseat in it for the FA?
Old Oct 22, 2015, 1:43 pm
GLA

Programs: BA VS
Damn, those tacos look good.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LPDAL
Hi SFO777,
Great report!
After persuing over your musings about the empty legs, I'm left with one question -- as an aviation geek myself, have you seen a Piaggio P.180 Avanti available yet?
Thanks LPDAL. That's a very interesting looking plane. Unfortunately, neither TMI or XOJet (the two charter providers) have the Piaggio in their stable.

Originally Posted by NoLaGent
Awesome report, as always! What a gorgeous little jet. Out of curiosity's sake, where does the FA sit when she's not working in that little galley area? I noticed in one of the pics that there seems to be a screen that is pulled in front of the boarding door - does that have a jumpseat in it for the FA?
Thank you NoLaGent. Yes, the FA has a jump seat up front, but I invited her to sit in the main cabin on take-off and landing. There is also a sliding door between the galley and cabin if one wanted privacy. She spent most of the flight time in the galley prepping for their 12:00p SNA departure, a 5 pax multi-city road show complete with catering.

Originally Posted by GLA
Damn, those tacos look good.
They were. The shrimp one was the best.
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: eurobonus, flying blue, a club, hilton hhonors
Originally Posted by SFO777
LAX-DEN
AA 5926
E75
9:35p-12:58m+1
October 19, 2015

I take it from the blurring that you were #1 on the upgrade list?
Old Oct 23, 2015, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bludnik
I take it from the blurring that you were #1 on the upgrade list?
LOL. Indeed. Actually, I took the pic because it was an unusual AA display. AA usually doesn't display those pax upgraded before the gate opens.
Old Dec 5, 2015, 10:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
That's definitely the way to fly. A personal flight attendant indeed

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.