Weekend in Hong Kong: BA First, Four Seasons and Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Weekend in Hong Kong: BA First, Four Seasons and Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Saturday Evening:

before dinner, we headed to the Upper House for drinks at Cafe Grey.

Cafe Grey boats magnificent views over HKG. Unfortunately the part we were given a table in was very steamed up so the views were somewhat limited.....

Last edited by chris1979; Sep 28, 2015 at 9:32 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Saturday night - dinner: A Tickling Orgasm to the Tongue

For dinner, we again followed a recommendation and headed to Chilli Fagara. Beware, there are two very nearby (one was completely empty, the other one very busy).

now, we both like spicy food and the menu was pretty clear with its warnings....

"....an experience that one will not forget for a long time...."

"... tickling orgasm to the tongue..."

as said, we both like spicey food but wanted to be careful.

So we ordered:

one "very spicy" chicken starter. which turned out to be delicious and not THAT spicy.

some dumplings which were down as 'medium spicy'

a medium starter plus two medium mains and some noodles.

a chicken main from the 'medium spicy' section of the menu. Now, if I had to describe this, "tickling orgasm of the tongue" probably actually covers it. the fagara peppers / spices were like nothing we had tasted before. It literally tickled your tongue and mouth, gave at times almost sweet and bitter and cold sensations and turned incredibly spicy.

we also had some beef from the medium section which was also incredibly spicy (and the bowl was mostly covered in oil which didn't make it very enjoyable).

and the noodles:

now, we couldn't finish it all (it was a lot) largely because it was so hot, bizarre and our mouths were burning. I was 'done'.

Overall, I enjoyed the experience and the meal (easier said in hindsight). It's a bit like having run a marathon or something like that borderline painful - afterwards one is glad one has done it but I won't be rushing to order the same two main courses. Given how very good one of the starters was, I'd go again but be much more careful about what to order.

So, if you like spicy food and are up for a dining experience you'll definitely write about (if you do write) and won't forget, go for tickling orgasm of the tongue in Chilli Faraga.

Last edited by chris1979; Sep 28, 2015 at 9:39 am
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:39 am

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
fab

love it - sounds like it was a memorable weekend. I've added the restaurants to my list for my next trip to HKG. ^:-:
Old Sep 28, 2015, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by vieri_c
We should keep Pier as a secret, dont want it overruned by 1world emeralds!
Easily our fav lounge visited ever, topping even EK and TG F lounges at their home base.
Did not have time to visit the Wing, so an excuse to try and hit Gold
The lounge is a good 7-10 minutes brisk walk, and 15 if you're a slow walker - never taken the train but imagine not much quicker. Overall, too far away for most people.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:01 am
Original Poster

we did nearly finish it all so it can't have been that bad...

full address for anyone after spicy food:

after that, it was a few drinks in a bar not far from there to try to revive feelings in the mouth and celebrate the end of Matt's birthday.

and home....

Coming up: Sunday, ferry across the harbour, more breakfast, the Cathay Pier First Class Lounge (which sets new standards), the flight home (though as Matt has already pointed out, I was mostly catching up on my beauty sleep), and bumping into other Flyertalkers on our flight in First.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Great report chris1979, thanks for posting it.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
I've just been catching up with FT after a few days away and I really enjoyed looking at your trip report chris1979. First on the A380 looks very comfortable indeed.

I've also decided that I must tell everybody that it's my birthday when I go to Hong Kong.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold
Great report.
Old Sep 28, 2015, 11:29 am

Any sightseeing? Or just sitting by pool and or eating/drinking?

Very nice TR. Thanks!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Oh I love spicy food - that place would be like heaven to me!
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by chris1979
The set menu lunch was very reasonable and included a glass of champagne (or bottle of sparkling water in my case) and a glass of wine (Matt had both) as well as coffees and teas.
Itīs quite good but nothing exceptional. Dinner for two was around 600 € and worth max 400 €.... I
Old Sep 28, 2015, 2:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by offerendum
Itīs quite good but nothing exceptional. Dinner for two was around 600 € and worth max 400 €.... I
chris1979 supplied me with the price list and it wasn't close to that

But I don't want to undermine his reputation for spending lots of money
Old Sep 28, 2015, 10:02 pm

Programs: AA Plat, FI Silver, DL alumnus
Saturday night - dinner: A Tickling Orgasm to the Tongue

"... tickling orgasm to the tongue..."
Could be dyslexia, or maybe your subconscious didn't want to ponder what it really meant, but the menu actually says tinkling orgasm...not tickling

Sounds like a great place, though!
Old Sep 29, 2015, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Calchas
chris1979 supplied me with the price list and it wasn't close to that

But I don't want to undermine his reputation for spending lots of money
Lunch is much better value. My problem is, that it costs me half the day and I have nothing to do in the evening
Old Oct 1, 2015, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
Any sightseeing? Or just sitting by pool and or eating/drinking?

Very nice TR. Thanks!
there was *some* sightseeing - see following update.

Originally Posted by mAAine_flyer
Could be dyslexia, or maybe your subconscious didn't want to ponder what it really meant, but the menu actually says tinkling orgasm...not tickling

Sounds like a great place, though!
crickey, you are right. for some reason, i was constantly reading and thinking tickling rather than tingling.....

Originally Posted by offerendum
Lunch is much better value. My problem is, that it costs me half the day and I have nothing to do in the evening
hehe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.