Wiki Posts
Search

American First - Seattle to Chicago - 737

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2015, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF WP/OWE
American First - Seattle to Chicago - 737

Another flight report from my US travels. This time I flew from Seattle to Chicago (ORD) with AA in one of their new 737-800s in First class.
A few points of note:
It was the first domestic F flight where I was greeted when boarding the aircraft. In Australia, by contrast, I'll often get a greeting including my name (the FA reads off the boarding pass) even though I usually fly Y.
The warm nuts was a pleasant surprise. I've only ever had those when flying EK in J.
The F cabin was looked after by a young FA so I'm assuming she was still keen and enjoyed her job. There was a senior FA (?CSM) who was a lot less pleasant.
The food was fine.
The aircraft's interior was a lot nicer than the other AA 737 I've flown and the seat was good. Although the leg room and seat comfort are well behind Virgin America's A320s.
We all got a pre-take off drink, which from what I hear, only sometimes happens in AA First.
And to top everything off, we also got a warm towel at the start.

It was like flying a different airline to what I got on the AA 738 from LAX to LAS. It'll be interesting to compare this to my next F flight from Chicago to DC with AA.

Last edited by PaulST; Aug 31, 2015 at 9:14 pm
Old Aug 31, 2015, 7:43 pm

Awesome trip report

Your video makes me miss my flights that landed frequently in the Windy City. Lots of improvement and smart gadgets over there. Thanks for sharing your trip.

P.S. what is the name of movie that Rashida Jones was appeared on your screen?
Originally Posted by PaulST
Another flight report from my US travels. This time I flew from Seattle to Chicago (ORD) with AA in one of their new 737-800s in First class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m32z7aG5tI
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by echiko_17
Your video makes me miss my flights that landed frequently in the Windy City. Lots of improvement and smart gadgets over there. Thanks for sharing your trip.

P.S. what is the name of movie that Rashida Jones was appeared on your screen?
You're welcome.

The movie was called The Big Year which was OK.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 9:26 pm

That's great, thanks, I love Rashida Jone's movies, she is so funny and smart.
Originally Posted by PaulST
You're welcome.

The movie was called The Big Year which was OK.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 10:46 pm

Programs: UAL, AA, AS, CX
Yea finally these AA F and Y seats to me are a huge improvement in being comfy!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 2:07 am

Programs: Skyteam elite, One world Emerald
thanks for posting this, I will be on the ORD-SEA flight in a couple of months on the 737-800. looking forward to see the new cabin!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pattas
thanks for posting this, I will be on the ORD-SEA flight in a couple of months on the 737-800. looking forward to see the new cabin!
Hopefully you get one of the newer aircraft!
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Thanks for the report. Are those LCD screens the same size in coach? Impressive! United's are tiny.

Last edited by enviroian; Sep 1, 2015 at 7:51 pm
Old Sep 1, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by enviroian
Thanks for the report. Are those LCD screens the same size in coach? Impressive! United's are tiny.
I didn't get that far back sorry. They're certainly the biggest screens I've seen in an aircraft (trying EK F in an A380 later this month and I reckon they may be larger).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.