Search

Montréal to Manhattan by Private Jet and Helicopter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:57 pm

Programs: LH HON
You're indeed going above and beyond. Time to get YOU a golden ticket
Old Aug 21, 2015, 10:13 pm

Programs: UA
SFO777 you always have a way to "up the ante"...and you can't complain about the flight attendant service.

I would say that you are getting your money's worth with the membership.
----------------------------
Did you clear customs at CLE, BKL and CGF?
Old Aug 22, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2 Million Miler)
Great report!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, National Emerald Club, no airline affinity status
Very cool trip. So the helicopter ride was only 15 mins. If you had to drive from there to midtown (or wherever you were in Manhattan) how long would it take in normal traffic?

Keep the great trip reports coming.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat
An excellent report as always! As said above, always stepping it up!
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LANDJ999
When you give up commercial completely and you're on a south approach to Centennial, just dip your wing to say hello. I'll be one of the little people down below .... Envious!
LOL. Thank you LAND999 but unfortunately it will always be mostly commercial.

Originally Posted by tomcat007
Helicopter is the way to travel!
Oh yeah. Thanks tomcat007.

Originally Posted by ckx2
You're indeed going above and beyond. Time to get YOU a golden ticket
LOL. Thanks ckx2.

Originally Posted by Thor3
SFO777 you always have a way to "up the ante"...and you can't complain about the flight attendant service.
I would say that you are getting your money's worth with the membership.
Did you clear customs at CLE, BKL and CGF?
Thanks much Thor3. For sure the membership has paid for itself and then some. Mrs. SFO thinks I got my money's worth just being entertained by the app.
The corporate fleet was mostly based at CGF but I can't recall where we cleared customs. That was a long, long time ago.

Originally Posted by mordy2000
Great report!
Thank you mordy2000.

Originally Posted by HawaiiTrvlr
Very cool trip. So the helicopter ride was only 15 mins. If you had to drive from there to midtown (or wherever you were in Manhattan) how long would it take in normal traffic? Keep the great trip reports coming.
Thanks HawaiiTrvlr. Once we finally departed, it was about 15 minutes. At the hour of the day, it would probably anywhere from 60-90 minutes depending on where you were going.

Originally Posted by Digital01
An excellent report as always! As said above, always stepping it up!
Thank you Digital01.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Time for dinner. My first choice was Capital Grille at 42nd and 3rd, but the bar was full.
So over to 41st and 2nd, and Cibo. Good fine and wine and ample bar seating.

After dinner, back to the Westin.

With a 6:30A flight, I ordered Uber and left the hotel around 5:15P.

LGA-DEN
UA 1235
737-800
6:29A-8:53A
Breakfast

Back on United this morning after the latest AA "we're improving meals on 8/1" PR blast was, not surprisingly, nothing but more lies.

The usual UA gate lice.

As we taxi, a Trump sighting!

Another good UA flight with excellent service and a tasty breakfast. Even with no status, on an award ticket and sitting in the last row, still had my choice of cereal or the tasty quiche with turkey-apple sausage.

Fast Wifi and DirecTV made the 3h 40 minute flight go by pretty quickly.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:33 pm

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Great report SFO! I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate you at some day in the future...I just downloaded the app...
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:16 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
What, no Montreal US CBP Pre-Clearance or crowded Montreal AC Maple Leaf Lounge with dry chips and salsa?? You're missing out (sarcasm)!! It's nice to ride behind the scenes.

The Westin Grand Central Hotel is a nice place - we stayed there on our last SPG redemption in New York. Although the neighbourhood doesn't have many dining options and we opted to dine in other areas of New York. $167 is a great price for that property.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Great report SFO! I'm pretty sure I'm going to hate you at some day in the future...I just downloaded the app...
LOL. Thanks ironmanjt. Yeah, downloading the app is the beginning of the end.

It is so very addicting. I agonized over these ones this past week. Citation X and a Challenger 300 on the same day with a 45 minute VNY connection. Then a double connect the next morning from SFO to YVR. Damn work got in the way of pulling the trigger.

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
What, no Montreal US CBP Pre-Clearance or crowded Montreal AC Maple Leaf Lounge with dry chips and salsa?? You're missing out (sarcasm)!! It's nice to ride behind the scenes.
The Westin Grand Central Hotel is a nice place - we stayed there on our last SPG redemption in New York. Although the neighbourhood doesn't have many dining options and we opted to dine in other areas of New York. $167 is a great price for that property.
Tough choice but the MLL will have to wait for another trip.
Agree on the Westin and the area. Nice property and convenient location, just not a lot of great restaurant options within walking distance. Thanks worldtraveller73.

Last edited by SFO777; Aug 30, 2015 at 9:55 am
Old Aug 30, 2015, 7:54 am
Suspended

cool!
If I would sit in a Private Jet I would take my Antenna out and try to receive every Plane i could get *gg*.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 11:08 am

Great!

Nice pictures of the Hudson River Greenway. Just last month I ran that than from Battery Park up to the bridge you flew over and back, about 22 miles. I passed the heliport and wondered "what glitterati must use that?" Now I know!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
This is wicked but so random that I don't think I'd ever use it and the cost would be prohibitive. It's a great value if you get flights out of it, but "I happened to be in Montreal" kinda thing doesn't happen to me. Unless I'm there for a purpose already.

Being out west and not in LA it's a bit more rare I'd say too whereas there's likely lots of these flights up and down the eastern seaboard with flights also heading out to LA.

My interest was piqued immediately when I saw YVR but I can imagine it being fairly rare.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 10:17 am

Great trip report. I've been a member since February and my wife, kids and her friends did the exact same trip. Montreal - Chopper to Manhattan. Now she's hooked!
Old Sep 6, 2015, 8:36 pm
Used to be 'Travelergcp'

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Great report Mr. 777!

You do seem to luck out as I see a disproportionate amount of flights ex-Denver.

I see very few to New Orleans my home airports. As if I could afford it

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.