First time in BA Club World - the HNL trip where my baggage goes AWOL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in BA Club World - the HNL trip where my baggage goes AWOL

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yetihouse
Great TR! indeed this great that I was inspired to take a similar route to HNL in CW/Business/First in Nov/Dec:
DUB-LHR-MIA/MIA-LAX/LAX-HNL/HNL-LAX-MIA/MIA-LHR-DUB
This amounts to a whopping 1130 TP, as outlined in the following link:

http://www.owenrudge.net/utils/bacal...9=F&level=Blue

Speaking of which, I booked through AA, providing my BAEC membership number and I can see the booking in my BA account, although it is missing the HNL-LAX-MIA leg, thus only showing a total of 710 TP (350TP missing). I am guessing that is because of the maximum 6 flights policy. On BA, each multi-leg flight is broken down as several individual flights. Meanwhile AA is showing it correctly - a total of 8 flights.

Has anyone else experienced this previously? Is this just temporary?
I'm glad that you were inspired yetihouse

Don't worry about the missing flights on you BA account. BA uses a different booking number (PNR) and different system (Amadeus) for showing flights. AA uses the Sabre system and as you booked with them their booking number will be the master PNR. As long as the AA site shows all your flights everything is OK. You'll still get all the Tier Points and Avios when you've flown all the flights.

I hope you have a great time.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
I'm glad that you were inspired yetihouse

Don't worry about the missing flights on you BA account. BA uses a different booking number (PNR) and different system (Amadeus) for showing flights. AA uses the Sabre system and as you booked with them their booking number will be the master PNR. As long as the AA site shows all your flights everything is OK. You'll still get all the Tier Points and Avios when you've flown all the flights.

I hope you have a great time.
I definitely will enjoy it over there, thanks!

I was wondering actually - how is it with accessibility to lounges? I will be getting Silver/Gold with this mileage run, so off the basis of my tickets, can I go to all the American lounges, considering I am flying either I or P and which ones?

I think we have pretty much the same itinerary - that is why I ask.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yetihouse
I definitely will enjoy it over there, thanks!

I was wondering actually - how is it with accessibility to lounges? I will be getting Silver/Gold with this mileage run, so off the basis of my tickets, can I go to all the American lounges, considering I am flying either I or P and which ones?

I think we have pretty much the same itinerary - that is why I ask.
I'm really sorry that I missed your comments yetihouse, I didn't check the thread.

With BAEC Gold status you'll have access to the Admirals Lounges and Flagship Lounges. Most locations have Admirals Lounges, but the food offering is really poor compared to European lounges. The Flagship Lounge offers a much better selection (but still not brilliant) with some hot food.

Find the airport lounges here:
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access
Old Dec 26, 2015, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Trip Reports from me:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ys-vienna.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...goes-awol.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegea...l#post27265479

Last edited by headingwest; Mar 18, 2018 at 5:05 am
Old Mar 3, 2016, 5:58 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold
I know that feeling when service goes wrong in a premium cabin, when you've built up your expectations to enjoy it, and all you want to do is get off the plane. Happened to me last year on the way back from MAD to LHR on an IB Airbus 340. I had ordered a special meal and it was the most disgusting looking thing I'd ever seen. Even though one of the main menu options was pasta, and everyone was ordered the veal burger (from what I could see), the CC wouldn't swap my food - he was just being bloody minded when I spoke to him politely in the galley. I didn't eat, had to go to work that night and was in a foul mood! Couldn't wait to get off the plane!! Here's to better travels in 2016!
Old Aug 23, 2016, 3:48 am

Programs: EK Gold, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
A really nice report with detail and some great pictures, definitely get the feel of the trip.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 8:01 am

later but good reading!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.