Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First time in BA Club World - the HNL trip where my baggage goes AWOL

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
Sorry to hear that. I've just checked and all seems to be OK, so I don't know why you can't see them.
Can't see the pictures either, great report though, even without pics

Edit
Now I do see them, after a refresh or two
Old Aug 24, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Originally Posted by stijnec
Can't see the pictures either, great report though, even without pics
Photos seem to be missing again, even after several attempts to refresh the page.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:40 am

Horrific to go on holiday and not get the luggage.

A good lesson to keep some clothes in hand luggage.

Air Canada lost my luggage "permanently" which is also horific but I was lucky that it was on my return home.

LOL did you go to the American school in Vienna?

I went there for 2 years but in the 50s.

Regarding clothes you had to buy also check your "credit card."

They reimbursed me for delay. And even for permanent loss.

Also check your Home insurance if you have it. They also reimbursed me as Air Canada did not refund the total loss.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Sorry folks, I don't know why you can't see the photos...it all looks OK from my computer!

There are 160 pics and they're linked from Google Drive, so perhaps browsers other than Chrome don't display them properly.

For those of you who can see them and have commented, thanks very much for your kind words!
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
Sorry folks, I don't know why you can't see the photos...it all looks OK from my computer!

There are 160 pics and they're linked from Google Drive, so perhaps browsers other than Chrome don't display them properly.
Here's what we're seeing:

While I don't want to make extra work for you, I do hope you'll look into making the photos universally compatible. It's good for both you and FT for every visitor to be able to enjoy the content!
Old Aug 25, 2015, 2:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RandomBaritone
While I don't want to make extra work for you, I do hope you'll look into making the photos universally compatible. It's good for both you and FT for every visitor to be able to enjoy the content!
They should be universally compatible! They're all normal links in JPEG format.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:17 am

They should be universally compatible! They're all normal links in JPEG format.
I can see your pictures and must say I enjoyed reading your trip report very much.

It wasn't the end of the world, but the missing bag made things quite awkward. I didn't have much clothes in my hand baggage, although I had packed essential things to last about 2 days. The biggest problem was that I didn't know when or if the bag would turn up, so I didn't want to go out and spend a lot of money on clothes and stuff. Also, as I was only in Hawaii for 3 days I also didn't want to spend time looking for clothes in shops. I only had the shoes that I travelled in (which are not good walking shoes), so I ended up with blisters on my feet on the last day. I also experienced slight sunburn to my neck and face because I didn't have my cap. I couldn't buy any souvenirs as I didn't have any means to carry them back with me. And I certainly didn't want to buy a new suitcase in case the other one turned up (I only had a one bag allowance with my final IB flights in economy). I wasn't going to let this all ruin the trip, but it was very inconvenient to say the least.
Sorry to read about your luggage dramas. You have such a great, positive attitude though. ^ If this had happened to me I think I would've lost it and my holiday would've been significantly coloured.

Yeah, I guess this is selfie time.
I thought it was James Van Der Beek!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 2:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador

Last edited by Neilgcal; Aug 28, 2015 at 2:40 pm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Didn´t read your Report so far, did it now. A very nice read!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Excellent report, I really enjoyed it.

Incidentally, I have an IB Business Class flight coming up in a few months (MAD-ZRH) so thank you for showing me what my expectation level should be
Old Aug 28, 2015, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
No photos for me amigo!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 12:31 pm

Very nice report.

Your treatment on the JFK-LCY flight with BA was really poor. I would have been miffed.

I do see that your starter and main were IDENTICAL to the items on the BA F menu on the JFK-LHR flight I did a few weeks ago. I had that crab roll thing and it was disgusting - full of a mayonnaise-like substance that totally overpowered any other taste. Took one bite and said "enough"! We had a different dessert from your chocolate one.

Best Regards
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:55 pm

JfK-LCY? What a load of Bankers. Consistently the most ghastly cliquy flight.

Great report!
Old Aug 30, 2015, 10:29 pm

No pics either. Probably best to use Picasa, Flickr or similar.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 6:32 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond
Great TR! indeed this great that I was inspired to take a similar route to HNL in CW/Business/First in Nov/Dec:
DUB-LHR-MIA/MIA-LAX/LAX-HNL/HNL-LAX-MIA/MIA-LHR-DUB
This amounts to a whopping 1130 TP, as outlined in the following link:

http://www.owenrudge.net/utils/bacal...9=F&level=Blue

Speaking of which, I booked through AA, providing my BAEC membership number and I can see the booking in my BA account, although it is missing the HNL-LAX-MIA leg, thus only showing a total of 710 TP (350TP missing). I am guessing that is because of the maximum 6 flights policy. On BA, each multi-leg flight is broken down as several individual flights. Meanwhile AA is showing it correctly - a total of 8 flights.

Has anyone else experienced this previously? Is this just temporary?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.