Wiki Posts
Search

Flying JetSuite SFO-LAS

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:11 pm
Original Poster

Flying JetSuite SFO-LAS

JetSuite Deal

Last Friday, the text hit my phone – Suite Deal, SFO to LAS for Saturday the 18th. $536 for the entire plane. This is my trip report for flying on a private jet for the first time.

JetSuite is a private jet charter company based in Irvine, CA. They offer flat rate private jet charters, without the membership fees that other private jet charters. A four person jet flight from San Francisco to Los Angeles is about $6000 (flying from Oakland is about $700 cheaper). They also offer “SuiteDeals”. A SuiteDeal is offered when JetSuite needs to run an empty repositioning flight, they sell this empty repositioning flight for $536.
I have subscribed to JetSuites Suite Deals now for probably two years or more. You can customize the airports that you get notices for, or just get all of them. I like getting all of them, I learn about new airports, such as KCOE (Coeur D’ Alene, ID). Whenever I see a text message for my area, I look at it and see if that’s a flight I want to take. Most are repositioning flights, like SFO-OAK, or HWD-STS (Hayward to Santa Rosa). Interesting for sure, but not worth $536. Others are a bit more interesting, such as OAK-TKF (Oakland to Truckee) or SJC-MMH (San Jose To Mammoth Lakes). But what I really wanted was a flight about an hour or so long, that is easy to get a one way last minute ticket home for. LA, sure. Seattle would be nice, or Portland. Las Vegas is the holy grail of course, because Vegas is all about luxury and decadence, and nothing says luxury and decadence like a private jet. So this is how I found myself responding to the ultimate JetSute deal, SFO to LAS on Saturday July 18th.

I was on BART on my way home from work Friday when I got the text. SuiteDeal – SFO – LAS for Saturday the 18th. I knew that my girlfriend and I had no plans for tomorrow, and I knew this SuiteDeal would go fast. I went to the link online for the SuiteDeal and selected my flight. I chose the flight and the day and went to the next screen. I think that some SuiteDeals are flexible with the times, but this one was set, 09:45 AM. That time works for me, so I clicked next. I could not remember my username and password, so I chose to create a new account. I filled out my personal info, added my girlfriend as a passenger, added our weights (ha ha you don’t need that flying commercial), and entered my credit card info, clicked next and voila! I had booked a chartered jet for the next day. The website and process was super easy, I booked all of this on an iPhone, on the subway. I received an email confirming the booking and they called me to confirm the flight, and to fix the incorrect birthdays I entered. I was told to get to the airport about 09:30 for the 09:45 flight. During this call, I asked about rental cars in Vegas. They told me to call the FBO (Atlantic Aviation) in Vegas and they would help me out. I called the FBO in San Francisco and asked about parking my car, they said that parking was complimentary for people flying out of their terminal. Free Parking. At the Airport. Decadence.

JetSuite SFO-LAS
by Jeremy Anderson, on Flickr

The next morning I parked at Signature Flight Support SFO. On the other side of the fence I could see the white with red stipe Embraer Phenom 100. Signature Flight Support is almost like a private club in a commercial terminal. Helpful staff up front, free snacks and coffee. I checked in at the counter and was told that the pilots would be out in a moment. I met the pilots, Elian and Spencer, and peppered them with questions. How often do the JetSutes go out with passengers (only about 50%), can I take pictures. They don’t usually fly in and out of SFO due to the cost. They love their jobs. They explained the climb out of SFO, and the approach into LAS for me. True AV Geek stuff. We walked out to the plane, 100 feet from the terminal door, and I took pictures, watched Elian load the luggage and took more pictures. Finally climbing into the plane I sat down. Elian offered us drinks, coffee, booze, whatever, and told us to help ourselves to snacks. Elian did the safety briefing and showed us how to open the emergency exit. We would have free wi-fi about 10,000 feet. The Embraer has 4 seats, two forward facing and two rear facing. Although you can not quite stand up, there is plenty of room and the plane does not feel crowded.

JetSuite SFO-LAS (1)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (5)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (6)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (8)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (9)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (10)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (14)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (17)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (18)

We took off on 28R, about from the halfway point on the runway. Up and over the city, to the left, over the ocean and then headed southwest towards the central valley. Taking off was fast, and you felt it, the plane felt somewhat more “squirrely” than a 737. I was glued to the window. We flew right at 30000 feet, and it seemed like I could see so much more than from a “normal” flight. We are flying slower of course, 350 to 400 MPH. I could pick out landmarks the entire flight, and if I was not 100% sure, the wifi and the GPS on my phone made sure I knew where I was. Being able to switch sides of the plane, and look out everywhere was great. I think the lower altitude and slower speed made it very easy to see everything and really take in this route that I have probably flown at least 50 times. The seats are super comfortable, and how often do you get a window and an aisle seat? I helped myself to some more coffee, and chatted with the pilots for a minute while we were over Crows Landing NAS. They made sure the cabin temp was comfortable, and asked if we needed anything. Before I knew it, we were flying over Red Rock Canyon and approaching LAS. We did the U-Turn the same as commercial flights, but we were not as far out towards the dam. We headed a bit north and finished the turn for the final approach. The strip is to our right, as we come down on 19R. As we taxi into Atlantic Aviation I realize we are following a truck with a Follow Me Sign on the back. We pass several private jets, and some Janet Planes. The door is opened, Spencer gets our luggage and I take more pictures. We enter the terminal and go to the Rental Car desk, Go Rentals. Our car is waiting for us out front and we are ready to go.

JetSuite SFO-LAS (23)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (37)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (39)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (40)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (42)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (43)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (46)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (48)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (50)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (63)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (64)

Jetsute and the flight was fantastic. I realize that as much as I enjoyed the flight, and the plane, this is one of the things in life that is truly about the EXPERIENCE. Parking the car, for free, 100 feet from the terminal. No TSA. Chat with the pilots and tell stories. A plane for just me and my girlfriend, there is no one in our row eating smelly fast food. It’s OUR PLANE. Landing in Las Vegas and walking out to the rental car that is waiting for us. Returning home of course we were on Southwest. The Rental car? We dropped it off at the Valet at McCarren. No shuttle, no waiting, no returns, just drop the car at Valet. Back in Terminal 1 at SFO, Signature Air Support picks us up and brings us back to our car. The Signature driver insist on dropping me off at my car directly, even though it’s less than 100 ft. from the main airport door. This is service, and truly an experience to be remembered and savored.

JetSuite SFO-LAS (75)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (80)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (86)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (87)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (89)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (88)

What Plane is this?

JetSuite SFO-LAS (82)

Janet Airlines: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janet_(airline)

JetSuite SFO-LAS (83)

Caesars:

JetSuite SFO-LAS (84)

All 92 Pictures here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/501981...57656307380645

https://www.flickr.com/photos/501981...57656307380645
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:25 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Great TR.
I think the 747-400 you asked about belongs to Sheldon Adelson
Old Jul 24, 2015, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, QF Plat, VA Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Coles FlyBuys
That's not a 747-400, it's a 747SP belonging to Las Vegas Sands (owners of properties such as The Venetian and The Palazzo in Las Vegas, some properties in Macau etc.). Niiiiiiiice.

This aircraft started service in 1979 with Pan Am, then went to United and a few more ownership changes before going to Sands in 2008.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Was there a toilet on that tiny plane.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 10:40 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK
That's not a 747-400, it's a 747SP belonging to Las Vegas Sands (owners of properties such as The Venetian and The Palazzo in Las Vegas, some properties in Macau etc.). Niiiiiiiice.

This aircraft started service in 1979 with Pan Am, then went to United and a few more ownership changes before going to Sands in 2008.
Sheldon Adelson is the owner of Las Vegas Sands.
I stand corrected abour the 747 type.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 12:17 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Houminer
Great TR.
I think the 747-400 you asked about belongs to Sheldon Adelson
Originally Posted by TrayflowInUK

I believe that they have two of the same airliners. Many times to take ultra high net worth gamblers to Las Vegas
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
Was there a toilet on that tiny plane.
Yeah, its in the very back. I'd say for emergency use only. I did take a picture, its in my Flickr photostream if you want to see what it looks like.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 8:59 pm

Programs: United Silver
This is the ultimate private jet route. Congrats. I love your updates.

Edit: I must admit the toliet pic got me curious and I can understand what you me.. only for emergencies. Was there even a door or shade there?
Old Jul 26, 2015, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebob6
This is the ultimate private jet route. Congrats. I love your updates.

Edit: I must admit the toliet pic got me curious and I can understand what you me.. only for emergencies. Was there even a door or shade there?
There is a privacy curtain. But again. Only for emergencies.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:32 pm

So you're the one I have to blame! I had just left the office when I got the text about the same flight. By the time I got home and agreed with my SO to do it the flight was gone! For a weekend flight to Vegas though, I can't say it was unexpected.

Its a pretty amazing experience isn't it? We did our first SuiteDeal a few weekends ago. Its hard to go back to flying commercial after that. It makes you realize how ridiculous all of the lines and hassle are. To go from your car to the plane in 10 minutes, and then have your car parked right by the plane when you pull up and you just drive away, absolutely amazing. I can't wait to do it again.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 5:43 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Cool TR, thanks for sharing!
Old Jul 28, 2015, 7:58 pm

Programs: FB-Gold, SPG-Plat, Priority Club-Plat
Wow, what an interesting TR to read about. The price was right, and it sounds like everything went well. Really enjoyed reading this report, and thanks for posting it.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Wonderful TR of a great unique experience! Thank you for posting! ^^
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by returnoftheyeti
... and how often do you get a window and an aisle seat?
With all the 1-2-1 Biz and First class nowadays ... quite often actually.

I kid, I kid. Insanely jealous of these cheap private jet flights you guys have in the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.