Tallinn, Estonia, short trip report

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tallinn, Estonia, short trip report

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2015, 10:14 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Turkish, Alaska
I haven't been to Riga yet but Tallinn does have a market. It's near the port and seems to be staffed by mostly Russians. It has plenty of entertainment value, silly t-shirts with pro- and anti-Putin slogans, and even a cut glass store or two.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by LeisureClassy
I haven't been to Riga yet but Tallinn does have a market. It's near the port and seems to be staffed by mostly Russians. It has plenty of entertainment value, silly t-shirts with pro- and anti-Putin slogans, and even a cut glass store or two.
I think I know what you mean but it simply can't be compared with the one in Riga which is housed in four or five former Zeppelin hangars. It's huge!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 7:06 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Turkish, Alaska
Then I'll have to go to Riga and check it out!
Old Jul 30, 2015, 2:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Then I'll have to go to Riga and check it out!
Absolutely!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 4:16 am

Programs: UA Platinum/*G (pmCO Plat, once upon a time), ZE President's Circle, Marriott Gold, AA, BT, DL, PS

Tallinn has a more "authentic" Soviet-style one as well, Keskturg ("central market"), which is located just outside the city center, near the main bus station. It's indeed less impressive architecturally than Riga's, but is aimed at locals instead of the tourist/ferry day-trippers that constitute much of the clientele at the harbor market.
Old Mar 5, 2016, 5:15 am

Programs: QF, LM, USDM, AA
I'm planning to visit the Baltic States later this year so I'll take note of some of the advice in this trip report, thanks.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Thank you for the TR, Tallinn, Estonia is on my bucket list and will be visiting Tallinn this Summer. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.