Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Last trip report of High School (27) United First Class to a Night in Portland, Maine

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Last trip report of High School (27) United First Class to a Night in Portland, Maine

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 8:54 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by LPDAL
Hey MKJR,

No, it is not your connection. With the images on this report, they are linked in full-size, non compressed ping (.PNG) image files. Since this has caused bandwidth problems, I'm going to link my images, where possible, in compressed jpeg (.JPG) file format at either 640x480 or 800 by 600.

For this report, refreshing the page will sometimes load the rest of the images.

Sorry for that issue!

-LPDAL
Thanks. Just seemed odd. Never had any issues with your other TRs.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Hi! Just a few small remarks. First of all, 9K ATRs are operated out of Guam.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Air#Codeshares
And UAX E175s are equipped with more than 6F (12F).
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...er_Emb_175.php
I have noticed many wrong facts in your trip report and was hoping for the future that you double check. I do enjoy reading your reports but the pretentious comments and the mis-information, you better pick up you're game!

Best Wishes! please Reply!

BP&T
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:17 pm
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Hi! Just a few small remarks. First of all, 9K ATRs are operated out of Guam.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Air#Codeshares
And UAX E175s are equipped with more than 6F (12F).
http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...er_Emb_175.php
I have noticed many wrong facts in your trip report and was hoping for the future that you double check. I do enjoy reading your reports but the pretentious comments and the mis-information, you better pick up you're game!

Best Wishes! please Reply!

BP&T
I have noticed this too, but do enjoy the pictures.

Keep it up, better writing than me :P (I have a TR coming up)
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by mkjr
Thanks. Just seemed odd. Never had any issues with your other TRs.
I'm happy to report that the PNG files have been replaced by JPEGs and thus the picture issue will no longer occur.

-LPDAL
Old Jul 17, 2015, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Next to Burger King is Linda Bean's Maine Lobster Cafe, where you can literally buy fresh, live Maine lobsters to take with you. While that sounds like an interesting proposition, I'll pass.
My problem would be, that I haven´t an aquarium at home and I think the lobster need water .

Again, a "typical" LPDAL journey where the route is the destination
Old Jul 17, 2015, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by thetravelingRedhead
I have noticed this too, but do enjoy the pictures.

Keep it up, better writing than me :P (I have a TR coming up)

Yes!! Pictures Are great! So is writing!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:08 am

Programs: FT
I'm happy to report that the PNG files have been replaced by JPEGs and thus the picture issue will no longer occur.

-LPDAL
excellent. nice TR. a work colleague was very impressed by the food options in Portland. too bad about not getting the voucher and one of the last 767 flights.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
I have never read any of your TRs until today, and I have to say I really enjoyed reading it. Will now do a search to read your other TRs.

EWR, just like JFK, has its own share of greatly interesting spotting material. Here we see El Al Israel Airlines' February-2007-manufactured Boeing 777-258(ER) 4X-ECE prepping for its long haul journey back to Tel Aviv. El Al Israel Airlines is famous for having the most secure structure of any carrier, and I hear they have strict photography policies, so making a trip report on them would be a bit hard for me...In any event, I was surprised to learn that EL-AL is actually a three-class, First Class/Business Class/Economy Class airline, as I'd thought they were only two class.
As for LY, as an Israeli and a Gold member of their programme I can assure you that you will have absolutely no problem taking any pictures on their flights. There is a short security questioning on ground, which is mandatory for all pax flying all Israeli airlines (and not just LY), but that's about it. Leaving Israel, such security questioning applies for all airlines.

And correct, LY is a 3 class airline, and they also operate an Y+ class similar to those of the US airlines. However, in my opinion, LY's F class is not much better than business class on other airlines. In fact, US and AC have better J seats than the LY F seats. And it's business class, although now flat, are inferior to what most long-haul competitors offer.
I think that today LY is the only airline that operates F out of Israel. Maybe also KE, but that's about it. BA stopped at March (last time I used it was in November 2014), LH stopped in 2011 when they changed their flights to A321s and LX does operate 3 class planes to TLV, but do not offer F class on the TLV flights. It is really a shame.

Anyway, should you have any questions about LY or Israel, you are more than welcome to post in the LY forum or send me a private message.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 8:13 pm
Suspended

Fantastic trip report as always, I always feel like I am there beside you! A shame you couldn't grab the 767-200 before US retired them (I grabbed on CLT-MCO January 2014, almost got our aircraft swapped with another type due to a mechanical issue but fortunately they fixed it) but it's nice to see you grabbed a Q400 before Republic retires them.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 11:11 pm

Great TR. Very detailed and awesome pics! Thanks for sharing. Look forward
to reading more.
Old Jul 18, 2015, 12:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Your TRs are honestly getting better! Keep up the good work and continue writing, though I look forward to some different airlines, because with your detailed write-up I wonder what your TR of the much better carriers would be like!
Old Jul 18, 2015, 6:07 am

Programs: United, American, Delta, Turkish, Alaska
Loved reading it! It looks like you had a good time!
Old Jul 19, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by quirrow
Your TRs are honestly getting better! Keep up the good work and continue writing, though I look forward to some different airlines, because with your detailed write-up I wonder what your TR of the much better carriers would be like!
Alaska Airlines First Class and perhaps Virgin America first class trip reports will be coming soon. With regards to VX, I want to take their seasonal flight up to JFK and spend a bit more time in New York City.

I also want to try out Sun Country first class (and spend a night in Minnesota), but they seem to be in a bit of a harrowed state of affairs at the moment.

-LPDAL
Old Jul 19, 2015, 8:20 pm

Alaska Airlines First Class and perhaps Virgin America first class trip reports will be coming soon. With regards to VX, I want to take their seasonal flight up to JFK and spend a bit more time in New York City.

I also want to try out Sun Country first class (and spend a night in Minnesota), but they seem to be in a bit of a harrowed state of affairs at the moment.

-LPDAL
VX is pricey but good luck! come back to BOS. You can do Sun Country FLL-MSP-BOS-JFk-ATL-FLL. Maybe squeeze a B75W in on the JFK-ATL route!

Best wishes!

BP&T
Old Jul 20, 2015, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Looks like I can cross Virgin America First Class on FLL-JFK-FLL for $288 one way, so a roundtrip would be a few hairs shy of $600.

As for Sun Country first class, they do not serve FLL. NRST is MIA, MCO, and TPA, which all have service to MSP.

-LPDAL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.