Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Air France New Business Class SIN-CDG (AF259)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air France New Business Class SIN-CDG (AF259)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, BIS 2.4MM, EK Gold, SQ Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold,
I have never had good food on AF in J, and this looks about the same. I havent flown F with them however.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 4:48 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
That main course looks seriously unappetizing but the cookies and snacks looks fantastic! I know what to look out for next time I fly with AF!
Old Jun 29, 2015, 5:33 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Great TR, thanks for sharing. That new AF product looks really nice ^
Old Jun 30, 2015, 9:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, GHA Titanium
Originally Posted by DLATL777
I have never had good food on AF in J, and this looks about the same. I havent flown F with them however.
I'm quite new to premium travel (have only flown MH J, now AF J, though I do have an upcoming SQ F award) so perhaps my standards are lower. The food does look unappetizing but the mains and dessert taste wise wasn't too bad (for airplane food).

It's just the foie gras terrine that I hated. I love a pan-seared slice of it but once it's made into pate it just tastes terrible.

Originally Posted by quirrow
That main course looks seriously unappetizing but the cookies and snacks looks fantastic! I know what to look out for next time I fly with AF!
If you get a flight with "La Mere Poularde" branded Lemon Sables make sure you take a few boxes - they're delicious (IMO the best tasting cookies of the assortment that AF provides).

Originally Posted by Madone59
Great TR, thanks for sharing. That new AF product looks really nice ^
Thanks! Yes, the seat really is great. Service sucks though. Unless maybe you speak French
Old Jul 15, 2015, 10:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by shuigao
I'm quite new to premium travel (have only flown MH J, now AF J, though I do have an upcoming SQ F award) so perhaps my standards are lower. The food does look unappetizing but the mains and dessert taste wise wasn't too bad (for airplane food).

It's just the foie gras terrine that I hated. I love a pan-seared slice of it but once it's made into pate it just tastes terrible.

If you get a flight with "La Mere Poularde" branded Lemon Sables make sure you take a few boxes - they're delicious (IMO the best tasting cookies of the assortment that AF provides).

Thanks! Yes, the seat really is great. Service sucks though. Unless maybe you speak French
Thanks for the report on the new product. As for service, I have lifetime Platinum status with AF so of course I have flown with them a whole lot. It's been debated here and elsewhere about the fact that people who speak French get great service on AF and others have mixed reviews. But I think what it really is about is that France is an egalitarian nation and you should fully respect your server. In some other nations people look down and speak out their order but in France we look the person in the eye, maybe ask how they are doing and have a warm and very polite interaction. Then we get equally warm, and very professional service. You can do all that while speaking English or Mandarin or Nihongo, etc.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 7:28 am

Programs: NW Gold->CO->UA->DL PM
Thanks for the report.

Is this now the configuration on all the AF SIN-CDG flights? I see 772s listed on some routes, at least according to Delta/Seatguru...

UPDATE: https://www.agentconnect.biz/FR/fr/l...f/BEST_AGV.pdf would seem to indicate BEST on the 772s, as well...

Last edited by kthomas; Jul 29, 2015 at 7:42 am
Old Jan 24, 2016, 11:26 am

Anyone have any input about the CDG-LAX (13:30 J flight)? I presume like CDG-JFK, only longer?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:06 am

Programs: Le Blue
Great TR, thanks.
Old Jan 29, 2016, 9:11 pm

I used this a few days ago coming from CDG to SIN in Business Class. It was excellent!

Would definitely select this over SQ if I ever fly back to Europe in Business again. Have some photos (mostly of food) if anyone wants to see.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Gold
Fabulous trip report. Love all the photos.

I have been watching X-Ray Mega Airport and on one of the episodes, the food service department at Lufthansa said the same food doesn't taste as good at high altitudes as on the ground, so they have to use a lot of spices, salt and sugar so passengers think the food is good. They also said more and more people are ordering tomato juice as their drink of choice in the air. Who knew?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.