Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

A Trip To Lebanon

A Trip To Lebanon

Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:35 am

Programs: Qatar Gold
Interesting country, would like to visit someday. Thanks for posting, as always your pictures are excellent
Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Lounge Expert
Interesting country, would like to visit someday. Thanks for posting, as always your pictures are excellent
Thanks you, Lounge Expert. Yes, Lebanon is a very interesting mix of Middle Eastern culture and religion as well as a splash of the Mediterranean and a hint of instability. Definitely worth a visit.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just caught up with this. Another great trip report, thanks for sharing it with us.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:23 pm

Programs: most of them
Wow! Great report. I love all things Roman. Those ruins look spectacular.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Wonderful report of an interesting destination with terrific pictures, as usual, DanielW! ^^
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:53 am

Programs: AC 50K *G, Honors Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Great TR; loved the everyday life photos
Old Jun 27, 2015, 1:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Just caught up with this. Another great trip report, thanks for sharing it with us.
Thank you, Calchas.

Originally Posted by glennaa11
Wow! Great report. I love all things Roman. Those ruins look spectacular.

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, glennaa11. Yes, I had mediocre expectations for the Roman ruins but they were really exceptional, even when compared to Ephesus etc.

Originally Posted by FindAWay
Wonderful report of an interesting destination with terrific pictures, as usual, DanielW! ^^
Thanks, FindAWay. Lebanon is in my 'neighbourhood' living in the gulf, so was great to finally see this Mediterranean gem.

Originally Posted by beanie72
Great TR; loved the everyday life photos
Many thanks, beanie72. Just sussing out my next adventure at the moment.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 2:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Very interesting report, thanks for posting it!

How did you find and arrange your driver to take you to the Tripoli area?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:01 pm

Incredibly interesting report. Our foreign ministry has Lebanon at a 5 out of 6 on the warning scale (same level as India) so that seems relatively dangerous.

You said earlier you didn't feel unsafe at any point, how would you describe the general climate there? You said something about Police checkpoints?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:09 pm
Community Director Emerita

Somehow I missed this first time around. I'm glad I spotted it now. We, too, spent three days in Beirut and surrounds this spring. Your pictures brought back wonderful memories. We went to Byblos, Tripoli, Beiteddine Palace, and a whimsical museum called Moussa Castle. We did not make it to Baalbek, and it was great to see it thru your pictures. The US State Dept warnings concerned me, but we had a great time. I'm so glad that we went. We combined our visit with a week in Jordan. Awesome.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:23 pm

Wonderful report. Brings back my trip to Lebanon a couple years ago ... we did almost the same itinerary.

Wonderful photos as well.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by flatlander
Very interesting report, thanks for posting it!

How did you find and arrange your driver to take you to the Tripoli area?
Thank you, flatlander. This is the company I arranged my driver through: http://lebanontours.weebly.com/

Originally Posted by Revilo199
Incredibly interesting report. Our foreign ministry has Lebanon at a 5 out of 6 on the warning scale (same level as India) so that seems relatively dangerous.

You said earlier you didn't feel unsafe at any point, how would you describe the general climate there? You said something about Police checkpoints?
Many thanks, Revilo199. Lebanon has been through many crisis so the latest problems over the border were 'business as usual' I'm guessing. I felt relatively safe in Beirut and out into the countryside. There were 4-5 police/army checkpoints on the main road to Damascus and Baalbek, but they merely waved almost everyone through.

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Somehow I missed this first time around. I'm glad I spotted it now. We, too, spent three days in Beirut and surrounds this spring. Your pictures brought back wonderful memories. We went to Byblos, Tripoli, Beiteddine Palace, and a whimsical museum called Moussa Castle. We did not make it to Baalbek, and it was great to see it thru your pictures. The US State Dept warnings concerned me, but we had a great time. I'm so glad that we went. We combined our visit with a week in Jordan. Awesome.
Thank you, SanDiego1K. Baalbek was amazing. Definitely would love to headback to see some of the other places you mentioned, as well as south to Tyre etc.

Originally Posted by aa213bb
Wonderful report. Brings back my trip to Lebanon a couple years ago ... we did almost the same itinerary.

Wonderful photos as well.
Cheers, aa213bb, yes was a great way to spend a few days in a new country.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 4:36 pm

beautiful pictures and commentary. Thanks for sharing.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 10:07 am

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the wonderful TR.I had a question please regarding the tours and safety of Lebanon.

1. Did you book your driver through a tour company or you just asked a taxi driver on the street?
2. How much does it cost for the tour or taxi to take you around?
3. IS it safe for a solo traveler to visit Byblos and Tripoli alone or it’s better to go with the tour due to safety reasons?

Thanks very much
Old Nov 22, 2015, 6:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by benjahman
beautiful pictures and commentary. Thanks for sharing.
Thank you, benjahman.

Originally Posted by DL17
Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the wonderful TR.I had a question please regarding the tours and safety of Lebanon.

1. Did you book your driver through a tour company or you just asked a taxi driver on the street?
2. How much does it cost for the tour or taxi to take you around?
3. IS it safe for a solo traveler to visit Byblos and Tripoli alone or it’s better to go with the tour due to safety reasons?

Thanks very much
Thanks, DL17.
I booked my driver before hand with these guys:

http://lebanontours.weebly.com/

They have got good reviews on tripadvisor and can recommend them too: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...rs-Beirut.html

Price (on their website above) is not cheap but certainly reasonable. I had no safety issues whatsoever. Lebanon is relatively safe, so can't imagine it being any more safe by going in a group.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.