Reload this Page >

A Trip To Lebanon

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Lebanon

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Been to Lebanon (Beirut, Zahleh, Byblos, Baalbek, and others) many times. Never gotten to go to Tripoli, and actually have avoided it in recent trips. Beirut is actually pretty safe, so is Zahleh (very close to Ksara)

Also, the night life is some of the best in the world in Beirut.

Probably one of the most beautiful countries in the world both culturally and landscape. Some of the patron saint shrines are tucked away in gorgeous, scenic areas with white-knuckle drives on mountain roads. Not to mention the cedars and Jeita. Great skiing too!

Cool TR, glad you enjoyed it.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DanielW
There were 4-5 police/army checkpoints on the main road to Damascus and Baalbek, but they merely waved almost everyone through.
They actually have half decent "intelligence" and usually are looking for certain cars/individuals. The only time they gave me/us a hard time usually was when coming back from Beirut late at night to Zahleh (road to Bekaa) and they checked passports. Very nice to us overall.

The Syrian army occupied many checkpoints as late as the early 2000s, they weren't so cordial.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:57 pm

Originally Posted by DanielW
Thank you, benjahman.

Thanks, DL17.
I booked my driver before hand with these guys:

http://lebanontours.weebly.com/

They have got good reviews on tripadvisor and can recommend them too: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...rs-Beirut.html

Price (on their website above) is not cheap but certainly reasonable. I had no safety issues whatsoever. Lebanon is relatively safe, so can't imagine it being any more safe by going in a group.
That's great. Thanks so much Daniel
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
How did I miss this TR? What a beautiful country, I would love to visit one day before I die. Thanks for sharing this.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:48 am

Programs: ME, EK, LH, IC
If I could be of any help, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 7:57 am

Programs: UA
Wow! What a great TR and amazing pictures. Thanks for sharing. Would love to make it to Lebanon someday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.