Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

5 Days in Bali; 4 QR J Flights; 3 Hours in Doha; 2 Bottles of Krug; 1 Hotel Opening!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

5 Days in Bali; 4 QR J Flights; 3 Hours in Doha; 2 Bottles of Krug; 1 Hotel Opening!!

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I do about 20 QR J flights a year and I can really see, smell, touch and experience all the things you describe in your trip report. Point on!

Good job. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Old May 23, 2015, 10:09 pm

Great TR, Findaway. The five days in beautiful Bali looks like it was well worth flying so far to get there.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by chongl
I love reports loaded with pictures like this one. I hardly read the text when I go through these
Glad you enjoyed all of my pictures! They were sure fun to take.
Old May 25, 2015, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by tingadingling
Fantastic report; and all those pictures! Bali is truly one of my favourite destinations for eating, diving, surfing and villa stays at dirt cheap rates. FYR, plenty of budget flights via Singapore as well.
Thank you!! And, I'm glad you enjoyed the pictures! ^
Old May 25, 2015, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by peterfox
Thank you for a splendid report,
I have heard nasty rumors about "Krug-people" from the lounge to boarding, I hope that is only a rumor?
You must have been in the state "Happy-Camper" at least?
You're welcome - I'm glad you enjoyed it! What is the rumor about "Krug-people from the lounge to boarding" that you have heard? I certainly enjoyed my time in the lounge and on the QR planes in J. ^
Old May 25, 2015, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ozmouse
thanks so much for the trip report! Loved reading all about the journey and about your time in bali.

I had to laugh at flying from ORD to DPS for 5 days. We spent 5 days in bali for easter, but that was after great debate over investing in a 5 hour journey from melbourne!!! And after flying Garuda J is was well worth it and very easy!

Great destination for us aussies, which we take for granted how convenient it is. indeed we enjoy 787 flights to bali on our local LCC jetstar. great flying experience in bus or econ.

Also great to read about the QR 787 experience and the krug antics in DOH! I have a trip planned thru DOH on QR in JUL.... please please please krug gods let it hold true i will ascent staircase to enjoy a glass... HAH ...more than a glass! Then onto the 787 to SIN! Cant wait

thanks again.
Thank you for the compliments -- I'm glad you enjoyed my TR!!

We certainly debate whether to go so far for such a short period of time; however, we usually decide that we'd rather go (even if it is for a short period) than chance not going now, which may mean never going in the future.

I hope you enjoy your upcoming trip on QR through DOH as much as we did!
Old May 25, 2015, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Madone59
What an awesome TR, and photos! I need to find a reason to stop in DOH and get that free tour. ^^
Thanks for reading and posting your compliments!! ^^ The free tour does make long layovers in DOH more interesting!
Old May 25, 2015, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by farbster
Very well done TR with terrific pictures. One of those damned monkeys at Uluwatu attacked my wife and tried to take her flip-flop off her foot. I put some pics of the assailant in my trip report...
Thanks for reading and posting!

Yeah, those monkeys were fearless!! We watched one chewing on a flip-flop and we watched another jump from the railing onto a woman's shoulder, rip-off her eyeglasses, and jump back to the railing in a matter of seconds!
Old May 25, 2015, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DreamTrip
I do about 20 QR J flights a year and I can really see, smell, touch and experience all the things you describe in your trip report. Point on!

Good job. I am glad you enjoyed it.
Thanks for posting your compliments!! I'm glad you found I captured the experience well. ^
Old May 25, 2015, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DanielW
Great TR, Findaway. The five days in beautiful Bali looks like it was well worth flying so far to get there.
Thank you DanielW! Visiting Bali for only 5 days was definitely worth the long journey for us!
Old May 29, 2015, 10:44 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Great report, very informative and with a lot of details, which is really helpful in deciding to fly via DOH.

Also very nice pictures of Bali and the transit tour in Doha.^
Old May 29, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Great report!

Regarding the seats on the QR 777, I agree that they are not fully flat. I do seem to sleep well on them, though.

As for where to sit, if I was traveling with someone, I would absolutely go for Rows 2 or 3 in the forward cabin. Traveling solo, though, I prefer the second cabin. It seems as though most people gravitate toward the forward cabin and, as such, I have a high likelihood of an empty seat next to me in the second cabin. Having done four trips in QR J since December, I am batting 100% with an empty seat on the DOH-US flight and 25% on the US-DOH flight.
Old May 29, 2015, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by FindAWay
Thanks for reading and posting!

Yeah, those monkeys were fearless!! We watched one chewing on a flip-flop and we watched another jump from the railing onto a woman's shoulder, rip-off her eyeglasses, and jump back to the railing in a matter of seconds!
I had my glasses stolen twice (5 years apart) by the monkeys of Uluwatu. The second time I let a string of expletives so loud that they stopped the fire dance going on at the same time.
Old May 29, 2015, 6:56 pm

Great

A great timely TR.

We literally just returned from 5 days in Bali too--from the east coast US flying on CX F and J.

Your QR J was a much better product, IMO. I've been impressed with QR when I've flown them, and the two times I've flown CX it just never seems to measure up.

Curious as to how you'd rate the effort to go to Bali? Our trip was wonderful, but I'd certainly put it in the category of "a nice place to visit once".
Old May 29, 2015, 11:17 pm

Great stuff, thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.