Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qantas First Class (MEL to LHR)

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2015, 2:42 am

Programs: LX, AZ, BA, LH, SA
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I might of been the wife of someone important at Qantas.
Maybe, but certainly not a linguist.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ArrowFlyer
I seem to be having trouble uploading images from the camera onto this website.
You need to upload the photos to an image hosting website, such as Flickr, first. Then on Flickr (or whichever service you are using), copy the [IMG] link for the photo into your post on FT. Select the largest 'Medium' size before generating the link on Flickr.
Old May 3, 2015, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I seem to be having trouble uploading images from the camera onto this website.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...s-reports.html @:-)
Old May 3, 2015, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hilton Honours Gold
You ask is there any reason I avoid Qantas? For me I think that other airlines that offer a better hard product, particularly First Class when compared to Singapore or Emirates. Staff interaction and attitude are so different from other carriers, particularly the Asian carriers.

The last time I flew with Qantas, albeit a while ago, I sat next to a female flight attendant on the way home. She made such disparaging remarks about the passengers back in economy. I couldn't believe she did this as she had no idea who I was. I might of been the wife of someone important at Qantas.
I can't dispute the experience of others, but I have flown Qantas on a regular basis for the last 8 years and I have generally found the inflight service to be fantastic (relative to other Oneworld carriers).

I have had the occasional issue with sloppy service or an unfriendly flight attendant, but in general when taken as a whole over that period I couldn't complain- guess I have been quite lucky.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: SQ, AA, Alaska
Thanks for emailing the Menus. I am posting them here for others information also.

Questions: Would you recommend skipping the breakfast and eating in the lounge in DXB? What about eating in Lounge in Melbourne and skipping dinner (especially since the flight leaves so late)?

Old May 4, 2015, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 777Jubilee
Thanks for emailing the Menus. I am posting them here for others information also.

Questions: Would you recommend skipping the breakfast and eating in the lounge in DXB? What about eating in Lounge in Melbourne and skipping dinner (especially since the flight leaves so late)?
My personal view is that the breakfast served on-board is quite nice and I have always preferred the timing of eating on-board and then using the lounge time to catch-up on emails / work etc.

Previously when travelling from LHR to SYD, the flight lands in DXB early and I have tended to skip the breakfast in the lounge in favour of the on-board catering too.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:29 am

Nice report. The watermarks doesn't really bother me since it doesn't actually cover up the subject in those pictures.

Maybe you'll be doing DFW-SYD in Y class next time?
Old May 4, 2015, 2:32 am

Originally Posted by Genius1
Which image hosting website are you using? There should be an option to reduce the size before you copy and paste the [IMG] link to the picture in your post.

Any particular reason?

Qantas (no 'u') International First on the A380 features seats which are semi-enclosed. Not a suite in the SQ/EK sense of the word, but also not a traditional seat. http://www.qantas.com.au/travel/airl...lass/global/en
Well, Qantas doesn't really have much reputation compared to other carriers in the region. SQ or Cathay seems to be on the top of the list for most passengers from Asia. My family who often went to Australia said they would avoid travelling with Qantas too. Mainly because of the service (food).
Old May 4, 2015, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Hi, -- I just spent some time on your website. I must say, it's been quite some time since I've read such pretentious writing. Every travel experience you have seems to be spectacularly perfect. People who travel a lot (and I presume that you're one of them) know that mishaps occur. They are rarely disasters; but they do occur. From time to time, even in F, the food is mediocre or worse. Yet none of this seems ever to happen to you. This is more than just having a positive outlook.

Your photos are great; but I can't help escaping the feeling that either you're pandering to the vendors or you're simply trying to make people who don't travel in the front of the plane jealous.
Old May 4, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Hi, -- I just spent some time on your website. I must say, it's been quite some time since I've read such pretentious writing. Every travel experience you have seems to be spectacularly perfect. People who travel a lot (and I presume that you're one of them) know that mishaps occur. They are rarely disasters; but they do occur. From time to time, even in F, the food is mediocre or worse. Yet none of this seems ever to happen to you. This is more than just having a positive outlook.

Your photos are great; but I can't help escaping the feeling that either you're pandering to the vendors or you're simply trying to make people who don't travel in the front of the plane jealous.
Thorsten is baaaaack!
Old May 4, 2015, 2:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH

My style of writing may not suit everyone. There are plenty of travel blogs / forums with people moaning about the slightest errors of service staff which the public is welcome to read. Whether its an F or J flyer complaining about an economy passenger's bags coming out 30 seconds before theirs on the carousel or a CSM not greeting them on the flight as it was their right as a Oneworld Emerald... there's plenty out there to suit all tastes.

I guess I have been blessed, In all the years I have been flying I haven't had too many mishaps I can recall. While luck has a lot to do with it, I think you touch on a very relevant point re: positive outlook. I think good things tend to happen to you when you are positive and friendly towards people rather than being miserable about every experience. People (be it waiters or flight attendants) tend to better assist / serve those who they enjoy being around with.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I guess I have been blessed, In all the years I have been flying I haven't had too many mishaps I can recall. While luck has a lot to do with it, I think you touch on a very relevant point re: positive outlook. I think good things tend to happen to you when you are positive and friendly towards people rather than being miserable about every experience. People (be it waiters or flight attendants) tend to better assist / serve those who they enjoy being around with.
I completely agree, -- I'm a very positive person myself. I actually moved halfway around the world and started a new life for a number of reasons including that people in the U.S. are far too negative. Perhaps it's your overuse of superlatives which caught my attention. To read your blog, every meal, every flight, every hotel, every sip of champagne is simply the best ever. Perfect. IMO that costs you credibility because the world simply is not like that.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:06 am

You ask is there any reason I avoid Qantas? For me I think that other airlines that offer a better hard product, particularly First Class when compared to Singapore or Emirates.
I find QF's seat far superior to EK's.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.