Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

British Airways A380 F LHR - SFO / LAX - LHR

British Airways A380 F LHR - SFO / LAX - LHR

Old Apr 26, 2015, 4:12 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Thanks for posting your A380 trip report. The thing I notice most about the A380 is how quiet it is.......
Old Apr 26, 2015, 5:47 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by lorelai
Hello Digital01, thank you all they could offer us then and there was a seat saved in business class, the hope that someone wouldn't turn up in first (but it was full and everyone turned up) and the customer services number for compensation. Not ideal but I suppose it wasn't their fault at check in and there weren't many options. I'll let you know what compensation my dad gets if he ever gets round to it...!
^, sounds like there wasn't much you could do sans taking a different flight. Glad you made the best of it at least!
Old Apr 26, 2015, 6:04 am

Great report. Thanks for the pictures.
Old Apr 26, 2015, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
This was a very enjoyable read - excellent balance of narrative and photos.

I especially liked that your own honest reactions formed the base of the report - too many trip report writers seem to adopt a "writer's voice" that dulls their observations and ends up with a distanced result. You really brought us readers into the A380 cabin - well done! ^
Old Apr 27, 2015, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Great report and some nice pictures. Glad you had a good trip!
Old Apr 27, 2015, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
having had this sausage and mash F meal, it is quite nice but you don't half feel like you are being short changed
Old Apr 27, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Thanks for sharing lorelai! I like your way of telling a story.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Thanks for posting your great TR! And, double-thank you for posting it all at once!

I have an upcoming VS J TATL flight; but, I haven't yet flown BA (in any cabin). Trying out BA may have to move up my to-do list!

My wife and I drove CA's Highway 1 from LAX to SFO over 4 days to start 2015 and we had very good weather (a bit chilly; but, almost always sunny) - sounds like you had a beautiful drive too! ^
Old Apr 27, 2015, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Well thank you all for being so kind! It's currently about 5 degrees here in Sheffield, Santa Monica feels like a distant memory...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 7:46 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club Red, Emirates Skywards Blue, BA Executive Club Blue, Amex BA
Anyone know why there was no tasting menu on the outbound leg?
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:22 am

surprised there was no caviar on the return flight... even tho there is on the IAD-LHR flight which is another A380/tasting menu flight.

is it cause it was a night/late flight?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Digital01
^, sounds like there wasn't much you could do sans taking a different flight. Glad you made the best of it at least!
He received 50,000 avios in the end!
Old Apr 29, 2015, 7:12 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by lorelai
He received 50,000 avios in the end!
Thanks for the update! Was he happy with that? I guess how far that is, depends on the deal yall had for the seats. Hope he can put them to use!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wow what a fantastic trip report! Thank you very much for posting I really enjoyed the read and I am looking forward to my LHR-SFO F flight on the A380 even more.

I am a bit worried I've opted for 2K though, hopefully that particular seat isn't any more temperamental than the others.... still might switch to the A side just in case!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:10 am

Great trip report!

One thing I did find kind of amusing, though, is that BA used the phrase "corn-fed chicken" on their menu. Not the most appetizing adjective, nor is it something that you really want to brag about.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.