Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

US Airways First Class+TPA Marriott Hotel, Stolen DSLR→Christmas Miracle MIA✈TPA✈MIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Airways First Class+TPA Marriott Hotel, Stolen DSLR→Christmas Miracle MIA✈TPA✈MIA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2015, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hi Flythe96Flag, and thanks for commenting!

Originally Posted by Flythe96flag
Thanks for another great report Colby, I admire your enthusiasm and dedication in constructing these TRs, for me that's what makes them interesting to read and follow.

Keep it up, and glad to see that you got your camera back! ^
I'm still trying to decide on a cover photo for my PWM Nighttrip report!

Also, I'm looking at the PDX Sheraton for my trip report to "The 'Other' Portland"

-LPDAL
Old May 14, 2015, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I have a VERY important announcement: I GOT A NEW, 500% BETTER JOB! No more burgers!

My desk at the office, I'm now a clerical assistant! $20 an hour, I'll take it. WOOOOOOOOO!

Expect many, many more trip reports!!

-LPDAL
Old May 14, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
Congratulations on the new gig! Here's to many, many more trip reports in the future
Old May 15, 2015, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by CDKing
Id suggest for the future to keep your camera in a bag through out the screening process/checkpoint.
Great idea! I agree with you. I think he will do that. Don't take a camera out of the bag. Keep the camera in a bag.
Old May 15, 2015, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LPDAL
Hi everyone, I have a VERY important announcement: I GOT A NEW, 500% BETTER JOB! No more burgers!

My desk at the office, I'm now a clerical assistant! $20 an hour, I'll take it. WOOOOOOOOO!

Expect many, many more trip reports!!

-LPDAL
Hey! Did you quit at McDonalds? You didn't tell us. How come?
Old May 18, 2015, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Yes, I no longer work at McDonald's. I now work at an office (full time at that--almost 40 hours a week), at more than double my first job's pay ($20 an hour as mentioned above). Building that resume, I guess.

Also, today was my last day of high school. Since I'll be on another one of my nighttrips (Delta First Class+Alaska First Class+American Airlines Flagship First Class Suites & a night in PDX) on the day of the ceremony [and since I hate loud ceremonies in general] the school arranged to mail me the diploma.

-LPDAL
Old May 19, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: FT
Yes, I no longer work at McDonald's. I now work at an office (full time at that--almost 40 hours a week), at more than double my first job's pay ($20 an hour as mentioned above). Building that resume, I guess.

Also, today was my last day of high school. Since I'll be on another one of my nighttrips (Delta First Class+Alaska First Class+American Airlines Flagship First Class Suites & a night in PDX) on the day of the ceremony [and since I hate loud ceremonies in general] the school arranged to mail me the diploma.

-LPDAL
congrats on the new job. my first job was at McD's. i worked the "Brower" shifts as we called them, well, unloading the orders from the trucks in the early mornings...

congrats on the graduation also.

i hated high school. university was so much better than all the bullcrap at high school.
Old May 19, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: UA Platinum
Colby, rocking it with the trip reports! Congrats on graduating and keep your eye on the prize for your future career!

*I loved the "advisory" notice, you should use that word more often, it will probably wrinkle even more of these nuts who seem to think they need to tell you how to write and what to include in YOUR trip report.

Keep em' coming!
Old May 24, 2015, 10:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Glad to see you got your camera back (and I'm especially surprised that it was recovered at MIA!). I think this report does a good job of highlighting the issue of theft at airports (and on airplanes).

I've been a victim of "near-theft" at the airport before, and ever since, I ALWAYS wait until my stuff goes into the scanner. No matter how loud the TSA associate is shouting at me to "come on through," I always watch it enter the machine. I'll happily let other travelers bypass me and enter the metal detector/x-ray machine if it means keeping my laptop computer.

Looking forward to reading about the 772 Flagship transcon!
Old May 26, 2015, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

-LPDAL
That's good to hear!!! ^^ You can kept at your new job. You will like it lots. Enjoy your new career.

Last edited by N830MH; May 27, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.