Wiki Posts
Search

France & Switzerland UA J & LX F via EWR-LHR-EuroStar-LYS-ZRH-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2015, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by farbster
Are there pictures missing? I don't see any of the LX flight. Perhaps there was a link to another site for the pictures that I missed?

Great TR. Excellent photos, but you already know that
I checked on a different browser and they all loaded.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24672306-post28.html
Old Apr 16, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Thank you for this report.

I was particularly intrigued by your family links to Isone - my grandparents came from the neighboring village and I spent quite some time there in my youth. And they also have relatives who have emigrated to California in the 1920s (their family now runs the Madonna Inn). Hope you enjoyed your brief visit of Ticino!

Thanks also for making me look forward to my next LX F transatlantic next month!
Old Apr 16, 2015, 8:39 pm

I used to take the train from Paris to Lyon in the 1960s.

It used to take 4 hours but the dining cars and the meals they were served were great.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 6:26 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus, SAS EBG, QR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Bretteee
I used to take the train from Paris to Lyon in the 1960s.

It used to take 4 hours but the dining cars and the meals they were served were great.
I'm surprised the trains ran so fast back in those days! Before the TGV was invented.
Old Apr 19, 2015, 3:05 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Great report thanks. Some of my family live on the other side of Switzerland near Rhein fall. Love visiting. The standard premier on Eurostar is very good, as you found out. They have the same seats / tables etc as business premier, just the onboard service that is different.
Great pictures too.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
And the trip that keeps on giving!

I got a letter from Hertz 2 days ago about a traffic violation in CH and I was being assessed a $45 "administrative fee".

This morning I got a letter from the Kantonpolezei for a 40CHF fine because I was going 66 km/h in a 60km/h (3km/h over the 63km/h tolerance) somewhere on the A4 heading south near Brunnen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.