Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Delta Air Lines BusinessElite /First Class 747-400 Domestic Nov30 FLL✈ATL✈MSP✈ATL✈FLL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Air Lines BusinessElite /First Class 747-400 Domestic Nov30 FLL✈ATL✈MSP✈ATL✈FLL

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2015, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Great report Colby. I love the 747 and this brought back fond memories of my unexpected trip on a BA 744 last autumn on UK domestic, GLA-LHR. My mini-TR is here (nowhere near as detailed as yours!)

I'm planning to get many more trips on BA's 744 fleet before they all go to the big graveyard in the sky - it sounds like they'll be around a bit longer than DL's birds so I'm hopeful

James
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
James, I just noticed your comment, sorry for the delay in responding!

Originally Posted by GDOCP
Great report Colby. I love the 747 and this brought back fond memories of my unexpected trip on a BA 744 last autumn on UK domestic, GLA-LHR. My mini-TR is here (nowhere near as detailed as yours!)

I'm planning to get many more trips on BA's 744 fleet before they all go to the big graveyard in the sky - it sounds like they'll be around a bit longer than DL's birds so I'm hopeful

James
Thank you for your kind words, next up, I'm looking to catch United's 747 in GlobalFirst, then I'll have caught all of UA's GF aircraft--already got the 772 in First Class on IAH-IAD and the 763 in GF on EWR-ORD.

Thanks again for a nice comment,

-LPDAL / Colby
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, MileagePlus, Marriott Rewards
I know I'm kind of late to the party but I just wanted to say hats off on a great TR. I for one love the detail... looks like it was a great trip. And if you ever want to feel real cold, venture a little past MSP and up to the Great White North
Old May 1, 2015, 8:17 am

Programs: DL PM
great TR! really enjoyed reading all the detail.

Colby, question for you: based on your experience, if a couple was flying the upper deck, would you go with seats in A/K or one in front of the other? It's a transatlantic eastbound so expect to sleep most of the time.
Old May 5, 2015, 8:40 pm

nice photos
Old May 8, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
Hi Colby,

I love your report but here it one error I found, I know that some people have been negative on this thread so please don't take it the wrong way, just trying to help in the future! Can't wait for you UA and DL trips in the (hopefully) near future!

Travel Safe,

BP&T

Originally Posted by LPDAL
[b]
For those who do not know, DL has three -domestic- basic hard product first class seats on their 757s (with minor variations, I'm not talking about BusinessElite 757s, either). The first image is the new interior with exposed stitching and lack of a blue stripe, the second is the first old interior with IFE and smaller seats, and the third is the oldest PMDL 752 interior with gigantic seats but no IFE.
These are the correct Configs. N699DL is a B75X!

From N515CR:

Current configurations:
757 – F24W20Y136 (PMDL, standard domestic 757, overhead TVs, WiFi)
75X – F26W26Y132 (PMDL, ex-Song, has PTVs, WiFi)
75A – F24W18Y132 (PMNW, “Interport”, overhead TVs, no WiFi)
75M – F22W18Y141 (PMNW, WiFi)
75N – F22W19Y141 (PMNW, WiFi)
75S – C16W44Y108 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, flatbeds in C, WiFi, PTVs)
75V – F22W21Y132 (PMDL, ex-ATA/SQ, primarily on Hawaii routes – some lower 48, overhead TVs, WiFi)
75D – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/PTV, ISP, WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/PTV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)

Last edited by BostonPlanesAndTrains; May 8, 2015 at 6:07 pm Reason: 75E
Old May 8, 2015, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Hi Colby,

I love your report but here it one error I found, I know that some people have been negative on this thread so please don't take it the wrong way, just trying to help in the future! Can't wait for you UA and DL trips in the (hopefully) near future!

Travel Safe,

BP&T

From N515CR:

Current configurations:
75E – C16W25Y130 (PMDL, International/JFK-CA, recliners in C, WiFi, PTVs)
75V – F22W21Y132 (PMDL, ex-ATA/SQ, primarily on Hawaii routes – some lower 48, overhead TVs, WiFi)
75H – F20W29Y150 (AVOD/PTV, ISP, Satellite WiFi, new lavs/galleys/bins/PSUs/LED lighting, ETOPS)
75E no longer exists.
Old May 24, 2015, 9:50 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
I see that my post about reading through his trip reports on this and other forums got deleted. For this, I'm not surprised, as it should already be quite readily apparent that the OP can't handle any reply that is anything but absolutely positive towards him.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Originally Posted by SANbound
I look forward to your next overly detailed, photo-laden, positive description of underwhelming domestic first class. Perhaps someday you'll have some international travels to share with the FT community?
I've been to Europe many times, most of the Caribbean Islands, Ecaudor, and South Africa growing up, and I actually do have a plethora of trip photos from back in summer 2012, viewable near the bottom of page two here: LPDAL's Photostream on Flickr - Photo Sharing

To everyone else, thanks for the comments.

-LPDAL
Old Jun 2, 2015, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DXjr
I see that my post about reading through his trip reports on this and other forums got deleted. For this, I'm not surprised, as it should already be quite readily apparent that the OP can't handle any reply that is anything but absolutely positive towards him.
If you have something to say positive or not, as long as it fits within the Flyertalk rules then your post will remain. If you post something along the lines of what you have above which adds no value and is a personal attack on the OP then expect it not to remain. If you continue to post in such a manner then except disciplinary action to be forthcoming.

To clarify your other comment, members cannot delete posts, only moderators can.

If you have any further questions I suggest that you PM myself or Moomba.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Jun 9, 2015, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA Gold, B6 Mosaic, Marriott Gold
LPDAL,

I am so sorry about the negative comments on your reports. I enjoy your report a lot and hope you continue to post here on FlyerTalk

best wishes,

BP&T

Last edited by matthandy; Jun 10, 2015 at 3:06 am Reason: Remove quote of deleted post
Old Jun 10, 2015, 7:56 am
was thetravelingRedhead

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, United Silver Premier
Originally Posted by BostonPlanesAndTrains
Hi Colby,

Travel Safe,

BP&T

From N515CR:

Current configurations:
It never ceases to amaze me that DL has a bazillion 757 configs

Loved the TR btw. Lucky to fly one plane that I will probably never set foot on outside of a museum (and I'm ok with that) :P
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just clicked onto this report and I was quite shocked at the level of detail and repetitious photos that you have chosen to include. I feel like its longwinded for longwinded sake. It was funny watching the scrollbar rapidly move as all the photos were loaded. God forbid an FTer is on a limited data connection and opens one up. It's just not a pleasure to read as most trip reports tend to be.

May I suggest you reduce the detail in your reports and all the photos/graphics. SFO777 has the balance just right and any extra images he puts on his website. As an indication, his reply count and view count is high.

This might also be a timely juncture for some kind of enforcement of appropriate detail and photo levels by the mods, the latter being more practicable and realistic.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 11:59 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by hugolover
This might also be a timely juncture for some kind of enforcement of appropriate detail and photo levels by the mods, the latter being more practicable and realistic.
this has to be one of the jerkiest comments i have ever heard. please go away and just don't read the report if you don't like the style.

and i have not called you a jerk, only that you posted a jerky comment.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
I think hugolover made a valid point: LPDAL's trip reports are difficult to read, there are so many pictures that one can't load them all. I tried many times with different connections but I had to quit reading and that's a pity.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.