Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

2015 Chinese New Year in Shanghai and Hong Kong in Lufthansa and Emirates First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Chinese New Year in Shanghai and Hong Kong in Lufthansa and Emirates First Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

Okay to be respectful to those who were respectful:

The remainder of the pictures I was going to post are now in my Flickr feed.

They include:

1. The Lunar New Year Market in Victoria Park

IMG_9824 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9849 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9879 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_9876 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2. Random food pics from family dinners

IMG_0002 by jurastudent, on Flickr

3. Two amazing high teas

IMG_9928 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_8062 by jurastudent, on Flickr

4. Kitschy CNY displays

2015-02-17 21.24.37 by jurastudent, on Flickr

2015-02-18 11.57.49 by jurastudent, on Flickr

5. The rush for good luck at Wong Tai Sin Temple

IMG_0102 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_0126 by jurastudent, on Flickr

6. Lunar New Year fireworks taken from the Ritz-Carlton

IMG_0272 by jurastudent, on Flickr

7. Me getting lost in Dubai Mall

IMG_8230 by jurastudent, on Flickr

7. A fabulous EK F flight from HKG to DXB with one of the best crew on any flight I've ever been on (food was mediocre)

IMG_8090 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_8131 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_8127 by jurastudent, on Flickr

8. A mediocre EK F flight from DXB to DFW with indifferent and cold service (much better food though)

IMG_8516 by jurastudent, on Flickr

And to those who've dragged my name through the mud and think you're better than me because I threw up in a airplane lavatory, I raise my glass(es) to you.

IMG_8519 by jurastudent, on Flickr

IMG_8497 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Peace!
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by tng11
Remember this one
Old Apr 5, 2015, 3:37 pm

Programs: Disillusioned Cent
Is this what FT has become? A place where a few people can ruin a great TR with posts that lack any interest whatsoever?
Where are the mods when they're most needed?

Thanks tng11 for posting at least a teaser of the remaining TR and please do post again in the future, I thoroughly enjoy your reports.

Last edited by JohnRain; Apr 5, 2015 at 3:43 pm
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm quite sad to read that a few users have managed to discourage the OP from finishing off what was a very enjoyable trip report.

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Why does it feel that the TR forum has become a place for people to judge others?
I really hope that isn't the case.

This is not the first case I've seen members participate in this "piling on" in this section of the forum either.
I'm sorry that this has happened and that it's affected you to the point where you don't want to post.

Originally Posted by SAtraveller
Agreed... Why are the mods allowing this?
We are not able to read every single post made on the forum and rely on users to direct us to posts that need our attention. In this case, that only happened very recently and only one user did so. I'd encourage you and everyone else on this forum to report posts that they feel may be breaking the rules or need looking at.

Originally Posted by brooklynflyer82
I think we should be encouraging people to post great trip reports instead of bashing them for what they have done....otherwise we will never be able to love vicariously through the lens of others.
^

This is also the last report you'll be seeing from me on FT. Sure, maybe I should get a thicker skin, but I'm not going to take the time that I could be using on more productive activities to write reports that people will rake me through the coals for.
Please can I encourage you to continue to post? For all of the negative comments on your reports they are certainly outweighed by positive ones. People have enjoyed this report, don't let the naysayers discourage you.

Originally Posted by JohnRain
Is this what FT has become? A place where a few people can ruin a great TR with posts that lack any interest whatsoever?
Indeed. It's very disappointing, but again, I'd refer to my previous point. The best mechanism to alert us to take action is the report bad post button.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JohnRain
Totally agree. tng11, your TRs are wonderful. Please don't let a few malcontents deter you from continuing to post here.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:35 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
Totally agree. tng11, your TRs are wonderful. Please don't let a few malcontents deter you from continuing to post here.
Those malcontents belong on tumblr, where everyone wants to be offended so that they can feel better about themselves by feeling "morally superior" and where people pander to absolute political correctness
Old Apr 5, 2015, 5:19 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by steveman518
Those malcontents belong on tumblr, where everyone wants to be offended so that they can feel better about themselves by feeling "morally superior" and where people pander to absolute political correctness
Sadly, these malcontents are in many places on FT and not just here and is one of the reasons you won't see a TR from me again. But then again, that is but one reason and this response is slightly OT. I do like the stream. Love Man Wo during CNY.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 6:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
A Reminder

A reminder for those of you that need it, here are the rules regarding unfriendly and snarky posts:

http://www.flyertalk.com/help/rules.php#welcoming

FlyerTalk is a community and is intended to be a friendly, helpful and collegial place.

Please post in a friendly, respectful, welcoming manner. 'Snarky,' unfriendly posts will not be allowed. If you don't have something constructive to contribute to a thread, please do not post.

Unhelpful posts, such as "Do a search" or those that merely comment on the worthiness of others' posts or threads are neither friendly nor welcoming and will not be allowed. If you can't be helpful or contribute substantive content to a thread, please refrain from posting.
Thank you.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
I was away for a bit....did not see the posts that offended some.

To heck with the. As they say in the movies," Damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead "
Old Apr 5, 2015, 8:40 pm

Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
tng11, please do not be discouraged by anyone who responded to you negatively. they dont not represent the rest of FT-ers who have loved your TR's including myself.

hope you change your mind and do continue to post TR in the future. hats off to the drinks in EK F.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Originally Posted by mkjr
Sadly, these malcontents are in many places on FT and not just here and is one of the reasons you won't see a TR from me again. But then again, that is but one reason and this response is slightly OT. I do like the stream. Love Man Wo during CNY.
May I ask why you allowed those malcontented posters to affect you so much? I ask only because your trip reports are excellent and you clearly get a lot of positive responses. Why allow a bad apple to change your whole posting policy?

This poster in question has clearly received a great deal of negativity from different directions so I understand his attitude somewhat. There was even a ghastly poster who harassed SFO777 but he ignored him until he went away.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 3:07 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, AS MVP

Great, all the people on their high horse continue to come out. Look, I admit I made a mistake and I was embarrassed. The tools weren't there for my to clean up the remaining 1% and it was a judgment call on my part to let the crew know (and I did apologize profusely.)

Feel free to judge me all you want for that misstep.

Since the comments have ruined this report I'm just going to leave the report as is - sorry to the followers who wanted to see me finish it. This is also the last report you'll be seeing from me on FT. Sure, maybe I should get a thicker skin, but I'm not going to take the time that I could be using on more productive activities to write reports that people will rake me through the coals for. I can take criticism (and do so on a daily basis much more), but this piling on is frankly getting ridiculous.

Well I enjoyed reading your trip report, and I hope you liked Shanghai.
Keep up the good work! ^
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:30 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
Great pictures and trip report - I enjoyed reading during my breaks in the afternoon~!! Just a quick question, where did you go get high tea in HK??
Old Apr 8, 2015, 5:35 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver
I know this Korean lady! She was the FA on one of my flights to NY before! ^

IMG_8127 by jurastudent, on Flickr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.