Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

2015 Chinese New Year in Shanghai and Hong Kong in Lufthansa and Emirates First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 Chinese New Year in Shanghai and Hong Kong in Lufthansa and Emirates First Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 6:40 pm

Programs: Qf Platinum
[QUOTE=comper;24604397]
Personally I would be mortified if I had done this.

Maybe next time if you can't handle your booze stop before getting yourself into that situation?

I just hope I don't have to share a cabin on a plane with you if this is the attitude you take.

Great post,totally agree.^
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:04 pm

You hurled in the lavatory? All that Champagne down the drain? Kind of a lite weight huh?
You need to do some serious training.
Old Apr 2, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
Nice pics and report but the Attitude towards staff with the cleaning and the puking is cringeworthy.

Last edited by m3red; Apr 2, 2015 at 10:22 pm
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Very nice! Glad to see they have a tv in the car for the drive to the plane
Old Apr 3, 2015, 8:59 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by comper

Not quite sure what you expect the flight attendants to do.... You are at 30,000 feet, it's the same dustpan and brush and cloth you would use! You may find your over indulgence blocks off a toilet for the duration of the flight. Maybe next time if you can't handle your booze stop before getting yourself into that situation?

I was ill on a plane once (not due to alcohol, but food poisoning) I never expected the flight crew to clean up after me. I used a cloth and water and despite the flight crew offering to assist me, it was my mess and I would never dream of leaving the bathroom in a state.

I just hope I don't have to share a cabin on a plane with you if this is the attitude you take.
Woah. Of course you don't make any mistakes either. I'd rather share a cabin with a person that tells someone when they made a mistake than one who passes such judgement on ones mistake.

OP we've been there before. And I've been the guy to clean up stuff like that many eons ago. Stuff happens. Sucks but what can you do.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Silver
Originally Posted by mkjr
Woah. Of course you don't make any mistakes either. I'd rather share a cabin with a person that tells someone when they made a mistake than one who passes such judgement on ones mistake.
Exactly. This is a report including things that obviously the OP regrets having done. He will not make the mistake of over-drinking on a flight again any time soon, I'm sure. That is nearly a right of passage for young men. I abstained from Vodka since 1986 for the very same reason!

OP, don't get discouraged...and keep up with your great report, warts and all.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Thanks for the nice TR... Please don't be discouraged, and post more. The pics and narrative are both excellent
Old Apr 4, 2015, 12:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks for the excellent TR. Please don't pay too much attention to people who think it is their right to comment and judge others' behaviour. Why does it feel that the TR forum has become a place for people to judge others? If you don't like what the OP is doing or has done then don't read the TR. Passing judgement on others' behaviour shows immaturity and nothing else.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: QFF
Originally Posted by avneeshj
If you don't like what the OP is doing or has done then don't read the TR.
Personally I find it rather difficult to form an opinion on what the OP is doing or has done without reading the TR. Perhaps my crystal ball is broken today.

All in all, an interesting TR and good photographs. I wasn't passenger on the flight so will largely reserve judgement on OP in terms of his toilet etiquette - it happened. Better there than in the cabin, and better telling someone than doing nothing.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:07 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
It's good to be honest and tell what happened in the toilet, but also common courtesy to try and clean up as much as possible if a mess has been made. The crew are primarly there for safety, then service and not playing cleaning maid.

The thing is with tripreports and bloggers is that everyone is boasting about polishing off umpteen amounts of champers/hard booze and more. Kudos if you can, but please don't overdo it because it is a must of how you should behave as a premium class flyer.

On a side note i once bumped into a FA carrying a tray of food and it came crashing to the floor, messing up the galley floor. I helped clean up, cleaning it off, even scrubbed the floor. Later on the purser came by to offer appologies and that any stains om my clothing would be reimbursed and as an F-passenger shouldn't have needed to help clean up. I replied saying that the blame was partly mine and the FA in question should not be admonished and scrubbing an aircraft floor was a new experience. Upon disembarkation i got a personal note of appreciation of the FA which was very heartwarming.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 4, 2015 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by HadesNL
It's good to be honest and tell what happened in the toilet, but also common courtesy to try and clean up as much as possible if a mess has been made. The crew are primarly there for safety, then service and not playing cleaning maid.

The thing is with tripreports and bloggers is that everyone is boasting about polishing off umpteen amounts of champers/hard booze and more. Kudos if you can, but please don't overdo it because it is a must of how you should behave as a premium class flyer.
Good point. Though as I like to say, you never know which is your "one drink too many" until you've had it
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Well, now I know to what extent I should narrate my reports going forward. Of course most of you are all perfect and can't admit you make mistakes, so I'll just sweep them under the rug. I don't even know why I continue to spend hours upon hours bothering to write about products that have been reviewed dozens of times over and over again. I used to think it was for the benefit of the forum and its membership but now I'm starting to think otherwise if others are just going to focus in on the bad and then judge you for it. This is not the first case I've seen members participate in this "piling on" in this section of the forum either.

Maybe it's for the better - I can just put the camera away on my future flights and focus on enjoying the flight.

Sorry for the rant and sorry for the delay in getting the rest uploaded - my internet connection has been spotty at best these couple of days and it's taking hours to upload a set of pictures.

Last edited by tng11; Apr 4, 2015 at 8:34 pm
Old Apr 4, 2015, 8:31 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tng11
Well, now I know to what extent I should narrate my reports going forward. Of course most of you are all perfect and can't admit you make mistakes, so I'll just sweep them under the rug. I don't even know why I continue to bother writing about products that have been reviewed dozens of times over and over again - I used to think it was for the benefit of the forum and its membership but now I'm starting thinking otherwise if others are just going to focus in on the bad and then judge you for it.
Look, it'll be hard to find someone who likes to judge more than me, but I don't think you did anything wrong. I've puked from drinking and I imagine more than half of FT has. I'm enjoying your report and I hope you keep posting. I understand your frustration though, I posted a TR last year where I mentioned that I'd stolen a couple of glasses from the LAX AC to use on a train ride I was taking and people brought it up against me for months afterwards.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Accor Plat, Htz PC, Natl ExEm, other random status
Don't worry about the naysayers. It happens.

A buddy of mine and I drank the entire aircraft dry of gin on a flight from SFO-Asia. Let's just say that the concept of "boot and rally" may or may not have come into play.

Enjoying the TR, and hope you'll continue.

Greg
Old Apr 4, 2015, 10:38 pm

Programs: AA Concierge Key, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam
Originally Posted by comper

Not quite sure what you expect the flight attendants to do.... You are at 30,000 feet, it's the same dustpan and brush and cloth you would use! You may find your over indulgence blocks off a toilet for the duration of the flight. Maybe next time if you can't handle your booze stop before getting yourself into that situation?

I was ill on a plane once (not due to alcohol, but food poisoning) I never expected the flight crew to clean up after me. I used a cloth and water and despite the flight crew offering to assist me, it was my mess and I would never dream of leaving the bathroom in a state.

Christ dude....take a chill pill. The guy got sick, cleaned as much as he could and notified the staff. OP - awesome trip report - don't get down on yourself because of sanctimonious posts such as the one above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.