Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

RTW trip of the year! JL/SQ/EK Suites, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, IC, Bali Villas

RTW trip of the year! JL/SQ/EK Suites, Four Seasons, Park Hyatt, IC, Bali Villas

Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:07 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, *A Silver

edited

Last edited by TOMFORD; Aug 10, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Love the preview video... looking forward to the report^
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:25 pm

Programs: AF Plat, DL Gold
Great intro vid! Looking forward to this
Old Mar 30, 2015, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Agreed that this is a fun trailer!

I'd be interested in your comparisons and preferences re the F experiences. on the three airlines.

Have a great trip!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:25 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, DL Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Very much looking forward to this report. Can't tell if I'm more excited for the pictures or the sarcastic and douchey humor!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:15 pm

Very nice! Can't wait to read this.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 4:13 pm
cxr

subscribed
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Impressive video, can't wait for the rest, I thought it was a Hollywood blockbuster preview 😀
Old Mar 31, 2015, 9:56 pm

Programs: United Silver, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Seems to be a lot of good reports popping up this past week!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:19 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

edited

Last edited by TOMFORD; Aug 10, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:27 am
geg

How Many Points And From Which Programs ?

Great trip and I'm sure a tremendous amount of planning. Can you provide the above info ? Thanking you in advance.

GEG:
Old Apr 1, 2015, 10:39 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
What a great start, looks like an awesome trip! Looking forward to the rest ^
Old Apr 1, 2015, 2:26 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Originally Posted by agp423
[SIZE="4"][B]

As the last one to board, I asked the gate agent if its possible for me to be upgraded to first class, which had one person in it (and no, it wasnt that gate lice). I explained that I am connecting overnight in Chicago and will be on a Japan Airlines first class revenue flight tomorrow. The gate agent scanned my boarding pass and said, no, because this is a free ticket. Listen b****, its an award ticket, and its a positioning flight for a $10,000 flight tomorrow. Miles arent free. Miles are like money in that both are earned and that I earn more of both in a month than you in a year.

LOL, gagged on my coffee when I saw this. Looking forward to the rest. Love the Top Gear taglines.

Speaking of TG, sucks Clarkson got the boot and the other are not returning. Wont be the same again.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:02 pm

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by agp423
As the last one to board, I asked the gate agent if its possible for me to be upgraded to first class, which had one person in it (and no, it wasnt that gate lice). I explained that I am connecting overnight in Chicago and will be on a Japan Airlines first class revenue flight tomorrow. The gate agent scanned my boarding pass and said, no, because this is a free ticket. Listen b****, its an award ticket, and its a positioning flight for a $10,000 flight tomorrow. Miles arent free. Miles are like money in that both are earned and that I earn more of both in a month than you in a year.

Really?

Let me guess, it's your charm that earns you 'all that money'
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:26 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Thunderroad
Agreed that this is a fun trailer!

I'd be interested in your comparisons and preferences re the F experiences. on the three airlines.

Have a great trip!
Thanks! I will comment on the three as well as comparing them to TG F, CX F, and last but not least, UA F, near the end of the TR. If I forget remind me and I will.

Originally Posted by mike&co
Impressive video, can't wait for the rest, I thought it was a Hollywood blockbuster preview ��

Originally Posted by geg
Great trip and I'm sure a tremendous amount of planning. Can you provide the above info ? Thanking you in advance.

GEG:
The two long flights (to Asia and back to the US) and the hotels in Shanghai is courtesy of my firm, because it is a business trip. Intra-Asia flights are on my own dime. If you'd like to know more send me a message.

Originally Posted by injian
LOL, gagged on my coffee when I saw this. Looking forward to the rest. Love the Top Gear taglines.

Speaking of TG, sucks Clarkson got the boot and the other are not returning. Wont be the same again.
It is really a shame. I'd like to know what really happened to. It's rumored that James and Richard are speaking of quitting as well.

Originally Posted by work2fly
Really?

Let me guess, it's your charm that earns you 'all that money'
Being nice doesn't get paid , or upgraded.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.