Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Delta Vegetarian Discomfort Plus and the JFK Fancy People Lounge

Delta Vegetarian Discomfort Plus and the JFK Fancy People Lounge

Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:18 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Interesting report. I always get Vegetarian option too and have been pleased with what I got on DL from MSP/DTW to AMS. Asian Veg is good too. I wonder if it had to do more with your crew.

I wonder if they forgot to give you your yogurt to go along with your Banana/Granola bar?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, American, Delta, Turkish, Alaska
Hehe, thank you!
Old Mar 28, 2015, 5:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Amelorn
One of the best Y reports I've read.

P.S. Do you need a token gay friend to be snarky with?
In fact I love nothing more than surrounding myself with gay friends and being snarky
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP 75k, SPG Platinum, Hilton Gold
Interesting to note what a lacto ovo vegetarian meal looks like. I have been vegetarian all my life and I always opt for the Asian vegetarian meals on flights. I have rarely had a good meal on any airline whatsoever. However I have found that united does a great job of catering its flights out of Newark, Delhi, mumbai, and London with decent Indian vegetarian meals. I've only flown delta once and it was very disappointing and american usually just throws in the pasta option as always for vegetarian. Its such a myth that vegetarian meals require more prep work or is extremely difficult to do. It takes very little efforts to buy some of the ready to eat stuff by Haldiram ( found at Indian grocers) and heat it up and serve. Its way better than any of the stuff they try to serve on flights. The other thing is out of Europe esp Germany and SUI, there arr tons of places to get veggie burgers like Burger king and McDonalds - I still don't know why they haven't been asked to help cater some of these airlines. That's really what I do lately even when flying premium cabins out of Europe - just grab a veggie burger from burger king or McDonalds to go before I get on the flight.

Anyway I went on a bit of a rant here but it just bothers me what people think of vegetarian food. It really isn't all that difficult to serve.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: EK
Fantastic read! The humor is the most striking part

Have you ever flown to India or flown a domestic flight in India? The vegetarian options are good in my opinion (being non-veg) there!

Keep the TR's coming!

Oh and I love the tip my sister say's the same haha!
Old Mar 30, 2015, 2:53 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Hilarious and enjoyable, thank you
Old Mar 30, 2015, 3:17 am
Original Poster

Grabamile, don't worry, I feel your pain! (and just wait for the upcoming installment, it gets better).

The day I realized that what people really like about eating meat is its ability to carry whatever flavor they put in it is the day I stopped missing meat. Unfortunately most of the rest of the world hasn't had that revelation, and thinks we are a subspecies of rabbit.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 10:44 am

On United I chose a Hindu meal. It was very good unlike the crap they serve out of Newark.

However it came with the same:

Lettuce; took up 1/2 the tray.
And the sugared chocolate brownie which is un-edible.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:04 pm

As someone who is absolutely bored to tears with all the premium cabin trip reports (they all seem like reruns), I loved your trip report. Laugh out loud funny and very entertaining. Seems like the mighty "can do no wrong" Delta might be slipping or is this normal?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by worldtrav
Seems like the mighty "can do no wrong" Delta might be slipping or is this normal?
DL is still a US airline, they can do plenty wrong...
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rahulras1993
Have you ever flown to India or flown a domestic flight in India? The vegetarian options are good in my opinion (being non-veg) there!
Thank you, I have not yet had the good fortune to visit India, but hopefully someday I will!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 3:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by worldtrav
As someone who is absolutely bored to tears with all the premium cabin trip reports (they all seem like reruns), I loved your trip report. Laugh out loud funny and very entertaining. Seems like the mighty "can do no wrong" Delta might be slipping or is this normal?
Thank you

As I usually fly United, I was definitely curious to see what Delta was going to be like, since I keep hearing about how great it is. I'd say United is better, though my one true love is Turkish Airlines.

On the domestic E+ flight I took on Delta coming home though, everything was great. For some reason it was a much bigger seat on a 50 minute hop than on a TATL, and the domestic flight attendants were great. Maybe they just do domestic better?
Old Apr 2, 2015, 7:36 pm

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
Originally Posted by LeisureClassy
In fact I love nothing more than surrounding myself with gay friends and being snarky
Hit me up if you ever get to AKL.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 7:52 am

Programs: Oneworld, Hilton, IHG
Originally Posted by Amelorn
Hit me up if you ever get to AKL.
Same offer from GOT x2!

Great TR!
Old Apr 4, 2015, 11:16 am

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
How is your experience flying first/biz as a vegetarian? Do they usually cater for you ahead of time or do you have to pick through the already-said menu?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.