Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

American Eagle First Class with the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island Oceanfront Resort

American Eagle First Class with the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island Oceanfront Resort

Old Mar 12, 2015, 4:56 pm

This RC looks exactly like the one in Maui and the Fairmont Orchid. Same architecture.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:24 pm

Thanks for another detailed and "passionate about flying" report. I'm glad that you had a great friend with whom to share the experience this time -- increases the fun.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
Nice report but that AA flight looks like a phenomenal waste of money in First for what you get... might as well have flown economy and stopped at Walmart on the way for inflight bar snacks!
If the person flying doesn't think it's a waste of money flying First Class on that route or that equipment, then it's not a waste of money. I'd do the same thing -- and have.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 10:49 pm
Suspended

Great trip report as always. JAX looks like an interesting airport, I fortunately get to tour it later this month, so that will be cool!
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:12 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
This is the most enthusiastic report I've read in a long time. Nicely done.
Old Mar 12, 2015, 11:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Glensea
If the person flying doesn't think it's a waste of money flying First Class on that route or that equipment, then it's not a waste of money. I'd do the same thing -- and have.
By all means it was just an observation about the onboard product, nothing personal!
Old Mar 13, 2015, 3:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Very detailed report and wired experience in MIA. Amelia is on my list but at the moment with Euro-Dollar it´s getting more and more expensive from day to day.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Thank you for all your kind comments. I really do appreciate the mature viewpoints presented on here rather than the often-jealousy-fueled flamebait I get on a site that shall not be mentioned. So thanks again, I love reading your little anecdotes and experiences. ^^^^

As for my next report, here's a teaser to wet your whistles:

LPDAL's Photostream on Flickr - Photo Sharing
"LPDAL Trip Report Number (#) 25 - Daytrip of the Year: Delta First Class 747-400 Retirement Flights FLL-ATL-MSP-ATL-FLL"

Enjoy, and thanks for all of your words of encouragement.

-LPDAL / Colby
Old Mar 18, 2015, 6:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
Hi everyone, updates as usual:

1. My mom was pulling out old baby pictures from the 90s (I was born in 1995) and found this picture of me from 1998 riding on an United 727:

Now I don't have to worry about adding the 727 to my log -- it is already in there. Thanks a ton, mom.

2. As a throwback Thursday update, here is me in 2004 in the South African Airways Business Class lounge in Johannesburg - O. R. Tambo International Airport (IATA: JNB, ICAO: FAOR) (ORTIA), South Africa and the sole British Airways Jetstream 41:

Me in the South African Airways Business Class Lounge December 29th, 2004 - you can clearly see a SAA tail in the background.

ZS-OEX South African Airlink British Aerospace Jetstream 41 - cn 41103 - The sole example of the BAE Jetstream 41 in my log, still flying more than a decade later for South African Airlink. I need help identifying what airport this is - any help, FlyerTalk?

So there's your TBT for this Thursday of March 18th, 2014.

Thanks for reading, as always!

-LPDAL / Colby
Old Mar 18, 2015, 8:36 pm

Great trip report, fantastic job. I'm glad the haters aren't following you here. Nice to see your enthusiasm for some great travel on a great day. And thanks for the pic of a J41... I flew a J32 back in the day, an airplane that only a plot could love. But a great piece of equipment nonetheless.

Keep posting!
Old Mar 19, 2015, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by prolixindec
Great trip report, fantastic job. I'm glad the haters aren't following you here. Nice to see your enthusiasm for some great travel on a great day. And thanks for the pic of a J41... I flew a J32 back in the day, an airplane that only a plot could love. But a great piece of equipment nonetheless.

Keep posting!
No haters here Never stayed in a hotel without slleping there, don´t see much sense with exemption of airport-Hotels for a stop-over. Also for this distance I would take my car. But it´s not my trip and I´m happy you and your friend enjoyed it
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:11 am

Programs: FT
love the TR. i usually stay at the Sawgrass resort when in the area but i might give the RC a shot. looks very nice.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:15 am

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by offerendum
No haters here ....Also for this distance I would take my car. ...
that is what i love about it!! but it is a long drive really. 10+ hours RT.

true FT spirt....drive? no one drives... ;-)
Old Mar 19, 2015, 8:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
I despise driving. Anything more than a 2.5 hour drive and I'm either flying or taking a train.
Old Mar 19, 2015, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by mkjr
that is what i love about it!! but it is a long drive really. 10+ hours RT.

OK, it´s real spirit! I´m ashamed, I like my car too much. Also thought it would be less as Google quote 5,5 hours.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.