Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

American Eagle First Class with the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island Oceanfront Resort

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

American Eagle First Class with the Ritz Carlton Amelia Island Oceanfront Resort

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2015, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by matthandy
Nice car LPDAL, I have the same. Although, living in the UK I probably have the roof down at lot less times than you do. My rule is, above 7 degrees and sunny, then it's down for sure!
I'm not too sure about that. As a Florida resident myself, there were only about 7-10 days this year so far where I may have had the roof off.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
A few things. First, your trip reports are some of the most detail oriented on FT. Ignore the haters. Delta once upon a time operated 767s into JAX. Not at all surprised about the empty seats in First. As someone who lives in Florida part time, upgrades into SRQ are easy, maybe a bit too easy. My past four flights I've been in F, empty seats on all of them. Yields are trash, but the 76 seaters are far more efficient and most importantly more comfortable than the 50 seater torture chambers. I can attest how miserable it is to drive within Florida. It takes me almost a half hour just to get to the interstate from my island. Intrastate Florida flying won't be going anywhere anytime soon.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by offerendum
Now I´m speechless
Being in Germany, one would think you'd seen a hard top convertible before, particularly from one of the German marques.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 1:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LPDAL
.................................................. ..............WE HATE OUR JOBS!

Great report as always.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
Being in Germany, one would think you'd seen a hard top convertible before, particularly from one of the German marques.
Mostly raining these days But without joking more and more cars get the soft tops back as many customers prefer them.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
I noticed IntraFloridian yields are pretty much trash (I've never seen an IntraFloridian flight go out full -- even on mainline) -- 8 first class seats empty on JAX - MIA is pretty rare, for example, that many first class seats going out empty on DL's 9x daily FLL-ATL is virtually nonexistent (and I would know -- before I started buying my own tickets / paying for my own travel, Delta was 80% of my flown miles -- hence why I am now focused on United, US Airways, American Airlines, and to a lesser extent Silver Airways).

Strangely, now MIA-JAX-MIA is ALL E70, with even more flights per day! Looks like 6-7x daily roundtrip, with no more ERJ-145s on the route anymore. MQ (Envoy Air / American Eagle, for my non-airline geeks reading this) is significantly drawing down their Miami International Airport operations -- sad to say, but American Eagle (as its own airline - MQ) will probably disappear within the next few years.

Anyway, thank you all for the nice comments. I'm working hard on my Delta First Class 747-400 Retirement Flights FLL-ATL-MSP-ATL-FLL trip report (much to the delight of Cloudship, I'm sure ) and it will be posted within a few weeks or so.

-LPDAL / Colby
Old Mar 24, 2015, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by LPDAL
I noticed IntraFloridian yields are pretty much trash (I've never seen an IntraFloridian flight go out full -- even on mainline) -- 8 first class seats empty on JAX - MIA is pretty rare, for example, that many first class seats going out empty on DL's 9x daily FLL-ATL is virtually nonexistent (and I would know -- before I started buying my own tickets / paying for my own travel, Delta was 80% of my flown miles -- hence why I am now focused on United, US Airways, American Airlines, and to a lesser extent Silver Airways).
Tough to compare the numbers between AA and DL in the F cabin because DL offers complimentary upgrades whereas AA does not. It's rare to ever see an empty seat in a DL F cabin no matter what the route is while on AA, I used to see empty seats in F probably 50% of the time or more. With that said though, I used to fly MCO-MIA all the time. Some days it would go out empty on a 737, other days it would be packed on a 767 (or a few years back, an A300). It really just depends on the time of year and how it times with MIA connections.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IAMAW Local 368/HAL 2 Star Mariner
CMD320,

Work is progressing good on my 25th Report Special!

---

Thank you all for your kind words, advice, and info!!

-LPDAL / Colby

Last edited by LPDAL; Mar 25, 2015 at 1:23 pm Reason: Typo
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:18 am

Programs: BAEC, Delta SkyPesos, VS FC, SQ KF, AA, HHonors
I need new friends willing to do club floor stays & F/J flights with me...
Old Mar 28, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott/SPG/Hilton Gold, PreCheck + Clear
I'm really enjoying your trip reports -- as others have noted, your enthusiasm is what separates them from the rest! What I enjoyed most, though, were your musings on the nature and importance of friendship. Life is about so much more than luxury and possessions, and it's gratifying to see you've learned that lesson at a young age.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:41 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
Your reports are very detailed although myself being one for details there is one thing that has always bugged me. Specifically for the trips that are domestic where you are on internationally configured planes. The first part of the reports with the cover art and all the screenshots of the airline product on the websites seems a little redundant if unnecessary (I think most people know what the product is and the extra images slow down the loading of the page), particularly since you are depicting a product which you didn't actually fly. Case in point for your 25th trip report you took screenshots of DeltaOne (although it appears you cut out the "dining" section); I assume you are flying ATLMSP or some other domestic route and even though the cabin has DeltaOne seats, you are flying First Class. I noticed this first with the USAirways Envoy report.

Of course the standard response might be if you don't like it don't read it. Well it's only a suggestion, so don't take it as a particular slight or that I am attempting to criticize you personally. I spent the good part of my teenage years chasing down widebodies (NW DC-10s, CO 764s/777s) on domestic routes or coming up with circuitous routings (MCIEWRMCOIAHSAN and EWRMCOORDDENSAN come to mind) so enjoy it while you can. The payoff of course was when I actually got to fly those widebodies on international routes and enjoy fully the premium product. Granted these were at a time when First Class service was much better (domestically in terms of food and overall amenity offerings) and upgrades were easier to come by and even the lowly Silver Elite status meant something.

Happy traveling!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.