Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Turkish Airlines, a first class suite and Bangkok fun!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Turkish Airlines, a first class suite and Bangkok fun!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Platinum, Aer Lingus GC, BA Bronze, Turkish Classic Plus
Originally Posted by offerendum
This Kind of Business Class I would like
It took a while to adjust back to the normal seat!
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:57 pm
Original Poster

Updated for Ayutthaya
Old Mar 8, 2015, 9:40 am

Very nice report. I flew biz with TK on only one trip that was slightly under 8 hours each leg and the service was significantly lower (no candles, no dessert tray, no soup, no big plates)!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cheesedawg
Very nice report. I flew biz with TK on only one trip that was slightly under 8 hours each leg and the service was significantly lower (no candles, no dessert tray, no soup, no big plates)!
I just booked some Istanbul/Bangkok flights for later in the year. Will be interested to see the difference in Turkish metal, I haven't tried them long haul outside this route but their fares from Dublin to Bangkok are around 800 less than other airlines so I can't justify it!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Updated for Maeklong Railway market. Bangkok lounge and flight home coming now!
Old Mar 14, 2015, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Thai Lounge BKK

More details and pics: http://www.thewholeworldisaplaygroun...ounge-bangkok/

We got a late evening flight from Bangkok to Istanbul and headed to the Thai lounge at concourse E. The lounge was fine, mostly unremarkable and well worn. It was empty when we got there but filled up and was very busy by the time we left to board our flight.

I wasn't crazy on the food, a lot of pastries and some add hot water chicken noodle soup. I was surprised at the lack of wine - I don't even really drink wine, only sparkling but it's the first time I've seen a lounge without wine!

The views were nice over the concourse and the showers were good but overall average for a lounge in the flagship airport.

Some pics...

Showers:
Old Mar 14, 2015, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Bangkok Istanbul flight

We were on the same Jet Airways metal as the way out to Bangkok but the check in lady was having none of my requests for row 1 or 2! It was hard not to feel a little hard done by as we turned into our business class seats ha! We were given some fast passes for immigration.

Again, the aircraft was well worn but the seat was comfortable and the lie flat which is always a bonus. The service was the same as when we sat up front and the food was good. We didn't receive an amenity kit and I forgot to ask which is disappointing as it was a nice one on the way out!

Overall it was a good flight with good food and service and plenty of sleep!

Our fast passes:

The cabin:

The Seat:

Food:

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.