Search

Mileage Running for Air France New First Class/La Première

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tony3021990
This is making me want to jump ship from American.......but I love Cathay too much
Indeed, this one is not for everyone. And it's strictly an add-on not a replacement. I've got almost every other airline covered. And now AF.

Originally Posted by offerendum
You are crazy! OK, I don`t like AF so I don`t feel any Need to fly their new F. But if I had to fly this domestic flights first, I would prefer paying for it (as I most do). The saved $ can`t be worth the stress and (most important!) time
Originally Posted by cmd320
Stress of what? Having to sit on a plane and be poured endless complimentary beverages?
Indeed, except for one tight connection, not very stressful at all. Flying and drinking... what's not to like?

As for time, I carry my office with me and can work anyway. Plus, unlike in Europe, every plane had Wifi to keep me in touch.

Originally Posted by Calchas
Why? I think for the most part these were "almost necessary" journeys, and DL domestic F is better than most of the domestic J and intra-Europe J flights available on our continent.
The first couple of flights were necessary but the last 13 were simply "made-up" mileage running.

To be honest I´m always glad when I´m back at the ground and reached my goal.......
Strange as it may seem, I love flying and am quite happy in the air flying around. Even Mrs. SFO enjoys it, well as long as she's sitting in a suite with a lie flat bed. (
Old Feb 27, 2015, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SFO777
The first couple of flights were necessary but the last 13 were simply "made-up" mileage running.
Please accept my apologies for not reading your posts properly
Old Feb 28, 2015, 1:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Even Mrs. SFO enjoys it, well as long as she's sitting in a suite with a lie flat bed. (
Mrs. offerendum hates flying. Now she has a new "less favourite" airline: Cathay Pacific!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
It is not that bad actually, given that all of them were in F.

At some points, we all have done this before...

However, why not FB Gold (ST E+)?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 4:28 am

You are crazy! OK, I don`t like AF so I don`t feel any Need to fly their new F. But if I had to fly this domestic flights first, I would prefer paying for it (as I most do). The saved $ can`t be worth the stress and (most important!) time
Remember the status lasts a while. If SFO777 takes several trips in AF F the cost saving would be massive.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Calchas
Please accept my apologies for not reading your posts properly
No apologies necessary. Most normal people would not make up trips like this.

Mrs. offerendum hates flying. Now she has a new "less favourite" airline: Cathay Pacific!
That probably because you haven't spoiled her with three class First suites.
One of my favorite Mrs. SFO lines was "why would I want to fly Business Class?".

Originally Posted by garykung
It is not that bad actually, given that all of them were in F.
At some points, we all have done this before...
However, why not FB Gold (ST E+)?
I don't really see much personal benefit for going any higher although I might get there just in the normal course of travels flying DL occasionally.

Originally Posted by Lan44
Remember the status lasts a while. If SFO777 takes several trips in AF F the cost saving would be massive.
This. Status last two more years so lots of time to "overpay for AF First". LOL.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
One of my favorite Mrs. SFO lines was "why would I want to fly Business Class?".
Oh, we always fly F if possible..... Problem with CX F was the mediocre food, the washrooms (77W) and that we coudn`t see each other during the flight without moving around. We were also underwhelmed by the lounges including the Wing. To be fair CX F isn`t my favourite product, too. Can´t understand the hype. The Mrs. SFO line could be mine
Old Mar 5, 2015, 2:05 pm

Programs: AC 75K, A3*G, AS MVPG, AA LT Gold 1MM, JL/JGC (OWS) , Marriott Titanium, Hertz 5*, Avis PC

Strange as it may seem, I love flying and am quite happy in the air flying around. Even Mrs. SFO enjoys it, well as long as she's sitting in a suite with a lie flat bed. (
Got to love "Made-Up" Mileage Running, and come on 13 segs isn't that bad.
Still no crazier than 15 segs in 4 days inc. 4 straight days of red-eyes, you haven't gone on the All Out Blitz yet

Oops offerendum, that's hard for sure.
Once the rings on though, hard to reverse

Haha, I think I finally got Mama SHF to have that reaction, stop giving Papa CX F if all he's gonna do is throw a fit.
I swear, between Papa and yourself, you act 15 yrs younger and he act 15 older.
Old Man Syndrome, ahh...
Just got the "Why do I have to take off my belt at KUL at security" last month, couldn't say enough Sorry, Terima Kasih to save my life.

Oh, we always fly F if possible..... Problem with CX F was the mediocre food, the washrooms (77W) and that we coudn`t see each other during the flight without moving around. We were also underwhelmed by the lounges including the Wing. To be fair CX F isn`t my favourite product, too. Can´t understand the hype. The Mrs. SFO line could be mine
CX F is underwhelming.
Food especially.

But the point is to "Not See each other during the flight"
Thats what the 2 person dining together is for.

People love the CX F seat, myself included because of the functionality of it and the pretty AVOD.

Lounge is simply too packed or needs more real estate, but this is HKG you're talking about.

Thank god I don't have to deal with that line "Why do I want to fly Business Class" yet.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:34 pm

Forgive me if I am misreading or misunderstanding, but - what I infer so far is that you plan to transfer in reward points from one of the CC company currencies to your FB account and then redeem? If that's the case, are you concerned about the recent reports of the rather aggressive actions from the FB fraud prevention folks? Shutting down new accounts due to big points transfers, etc. Just curious if you had any insight or thoughts on this - gleff has been blogging about it pretty consistently and it sounds like a mess if the reports are true.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Got to love "Made-Up" Mileage Running, and come on 13 segs isn't that bad. Still no crazier than 15 segs in 4 days inc. 4 straight days of red-eyes, you haven't gone on the All Out Blitz yet
LOL. I'm too old for 4 days of red-eyes especially on a crAApy airline.

Originally Posted by Short hair Francis
Haha, I think I finally got Mama SHF to have that reaction, stop giving Papa CX F if all he's gonna do is throw a fit.
I'm thinking that Papa is going to get into trouble one of the days if he keeps doing that.

Originally Posted by arlflyer
Forgive me if I am misreading or misunderstanding, but - what I infer so far is that you plan to transfer in reward points from one of the CC company currencies to your FB account and then redeem? If that's the case, are you concerned about the recent reports of the rather aggressive actions from the FB fraud prevention folks? Shutting down new accounts due to big points transfers, etc. Just curious if you had any insight or thoughts on this - gleff has been blogging about it pretty consistently and it sounds like a mess if the reports are true.
Yeah, it is a little disconcerting to read about that nonsense.
Hopefully, the situation resolves itself before they've retrofitted enough 77Ws to want me to comfortable book AF.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
A nice succinct summary of your quest for your AF redemption, SFO777 ^

I read your report and am typing this reply in the CX lounge in CDG - worlds away from the miserable DL (and AA) lounges in the US. With the possible exception of the Centurion lounge, none of the lounges you visited on this trip look anything more than a glorified shed
Old Mar 12, 2015, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
A nice succinct summary of your quest for your AF redemption, SFO777 ^
I read your report and am typing this reply in the CX lounge in CDG - worlds away from the miserable DL (and AA) lounges in the US. With the possible exception of the Centurion lounge, none of the lounges you visited on this trip look anything more than a glorified shed
Thank you Genius1. I'm sure you enjoyed your CX flight. Can't disagree with your characterization of the wonderful DL and AA lounges.

With the increase in the USD, I'm actually considering buying some AF miles. They currently have a 50% bonus promotion. They are offering 60,000 miles (40K plus 20K bonus) for €1,000. At 1.06, works out to a pretty attractive 1.77 cpm.
Old Mar 14, 2015, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I'm sure you enjoyed your CX flight.
Sadly was only using the lounge before a flight to LHR on BA. You can read my review here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...ss-lounge.html
Old Oct 2, 2015, 11:27 pm

Programs: AA Plat
I wonder how much these cost you. AF has a LPM sale right now, $5000 RT JFK-CDG
Old Oct 3, 2015, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ueutyi
I wonder how much these cost you. AF has a LPM sale right now, $5000 RT JFK-CDG
The mileage run and all the flights cost about $1,200. But in the end, I never used my status or miles for our La Première experience. AF raised the one way price to 200,000 miles per person. We bought similarly discounted F tickets ex-OSL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.