Watching an airline being born - Vistara Inaugural Flight in Premium Economy

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Watching an airline being born - Vistara Inaugural Flight in Premium Economy

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2015, 4:25 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by deovrat
Hi quirrow, looking a month ahead, the roundtrip refundable fares for DEL-BOM in Economy are around INR 12500 while Premium Economy are around INR 17000. I think you can get some non-refundable rates less than these too.
Hope this helps.

Hi wolf72, currently Vistara flies between Delhi, Mumbai and Ahmedabad. The next route it will fly is Delhi to Goa. Future ones include Bangalore, Hyderabad, Patna and amongst North Indian destinations are Jammu, Srinagar and Chandigarh. All subject to how quickly new aircraft are delivered and inducted into fleet of course.

Both AirAsia India and Spicejet are Low cost carriers and the onboard service and fares reflect that. I don't think Vistara ever intends to compete against them.
Thanks for clarifying!
Old Jan 30, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by wolf72
Thanks for clarifying!
My pleasure ^
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:01 am
Suspended

Could Vista be the greatest airline in India at this moment in time given how many airlines have gone under?
Old Jan 30, 2015, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Very interesting.

Any idea how deep the collaboration with SQ is likely to get? Purely equity at the moment I imagine.
Old Jan 30, 2015, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wolf72
Could Vista be the greatest airline in India at this moment in time given how many airlines have gone under?
Well, in the recent times, only Kingfisher has gone down; about 2 years back. Spicejet is still alive and kicking, and about to receive a cash infusion from one of the founders; so they are going to be around for a while.
Among the rest, Jet, Air India, Indigo and GoAir do not have any intention to go under.

Originally Posted by Calchas
Very interesting.

Any idea how deep the collaboration with SQ is likely to get? Purely equity at the moment I imagine.
Hi Calchas, Vistara is still in infancy so they haven't made public a plan as to the level of collaboration.
From March onwards, Vistara's own FFP members can earn & burn Krisflyer miles for flights on Vistara's own metal as well as SQ's and vice-versa for Singapore's own members.

Last edited by deovrat; Jan 31, 2015 at 4:10 am
Old Feb 16, 2015, 1:03 am

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Nice TR, and congratulations on being on the inaugural flight! The food here actually looks better than the meal served in domestic J on AI!! Would love to know how it's J compares to AI/9W J ~ hard/soft product, catering, etc.

PS: gorgeous FA!!
Old Feb 16, 2015, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
Nice TR, and congratulations on being on the inaugural flight! The food here actually looks better than the meal served in domestic J on AI!! Would love to know how it's J compares to AI/9W J ~ hard/soft product, catering, etc.

PS: gorgeous FA!!
Thanks

I'd say AI lacks a bit of presentation in J even though they use fine bone china, but the food quality hasn't disappointed me really. It looks messy many times but tastes great. 9W plating is far superior in J, but their catering is more of a hit-or-miss for me personally. When they are good, they are better than AI.

Regarding soft products, AI's is tired right down to the uniforms though they are always polite, 9W's is much tidier and UK's is very good at least in these early stages.
Hard product is a bit of mystery for 9W and AI both. Some of their domestic 738s and 320s are also used internationally. If you get one of those birds, you get IFE. UK currently lags behind both as it has zero IFE right now and I'd say thats my major beef with them.

P.S.: I know !!
Old Feb 17, 2015, 5:54 pm

Programs: A few airlines, hotel programs and car rentals
Originally Posted by deovrat
Thanks

I'd say AI lacks a bit of presentation in J even though they use fine bone china, but the food quality hasn't disappointed me really. It looks messy many times but tastes great. 9W plating is far superior in J, but their catering is more of a hit-or-miss for me personally. When they are good, they are better than AI.

Regarding soft products, AI's is tired right down to the uniforms though they are always polite, 9W's is much tidier and UK's is very good at least in these early stages.
Hard product is a bit of mystery for 9W and AI both. Some of their domestic 738s and 320s are also used internationally. If you get one of those birds, you get IFE. UK currently lags behind both as it has zero IFE right now and I'd say thats my major beef with them.

P.S.: I know !!
I agree with your issue with plating in AI J, but not quite sure about the taste. The meal served last week to me, on AI J DEL-GAU flight, was nowhere near the quality/presentation expected in a J flight. Then again, I have significantly lowered my expectations from AI, so wasn't much disappointed; and I was stuffed from my previous international legs.

However, the service from the AI FA's were very attentive, with a genuine smile, and came to check up on me ever so often (well, before I passed out, haha). Also, plenty of legroom and the seat had decent comfort.

AI's J meal DEL-GAU:

[IMG]IMG_4540 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also, I will be writing a TR soon, on this trip, which will have a detailed review of the products.

Last edited by AvidFlyer1990; Feb 17, 2015 at 5:57 pm Reason: Resize image
Old Feb 17, 2015, 9:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AvidFlyer1990
I agree with your issue with plating in AI J, but not quite sure about the taste. The meal served last week to me, on AI J DEL-GAU flight, was nowhere near the quality/presentation expected in a J flight. Then again, I have significantly lowered my expectations from AI, so wasn't much disappointed; and I was stuffed from my previous international legs.

However, the service from the AI FA's were very attentive, with a genuine smile, and came to check up on me ever so often (well, before I passed out, haha). Also, plenty of legroom and the seat had decent comfort.

AI's J meal DEL-GAU:

[IMG]IMG_4540 by AvidFlyer1990, on Flickr[/IMG]

Also, I will be writing a TR soon, on this trip, which will have a detailed review of the products.
I agree with you on AI's service. Also, that meal does not indeed look the same quality as some of the ones AI served me in J. My primary sector on AI is DEL-PNQ.

Also, looking forward to your TRs ! There's a dearth of AI domestic ones.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 1:40 am
Suspended

So, not India's greatest airline at the moment? Looks like Jet Airways is rocking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.