Wiki Posts
Search

A Short TR: SBP-SFO-SNA

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, UA, Avianca, Mariott Gold
A Short TR: SBP-SFO-SNA

I go to college in San Luis Obispo, CA and this TR will cover my short and simple journey home to SNA for Thanksgiving. First, a little background on my home airport of San Luis Obispo. It is a very small terminal two gates, two airlines, (United and US Air) and three destinations (PHX,SFO,LAX). The terminal is outdated as it is too close to the runway per current FAA regulations. Which is one of the reasons why the City of San Luis Obispo just announced the planning of a new terminal. Hope you enjoy my little TR and please excuse my poor picture quality as all photos were taken with my photo.
Now, back to the actual trip. I had a buddy drop me off at the small terminal about an hour and a half ahead of departure which is far more time than one would need for a flight out of SBP. Check in was a breeze with no one in line, took all of thirty seconds to check my two bags. The odd part of check in though was that the ticket agent only asked for my name and didn't care to see my ID or BP when checking my bags.

The check in area before security.

One side of the terminal post security.

The other side of the terminal post security.

Gate 1, which would be my gate today for our short flight up to SFO.

Gate 2

Our Skywest EMB 120 pulling in from SFO

Boarding commenced with a simple "We are now boarding, everyone board now." none of the usual "Global Services, First class, than economy boarding announcements" haha. .

Quick comment about boarding, as you can see there were two identical EMB 120 on the ramp yet no one on the ramp to direct us to our aircraft to SFO. All the passengers walked out and then waited on the ramp unsure of which aircraft to board as there were no agents outside to direct us. We waited a couple minutes before an agent walked down and told us to board the closest EMB 120. Strange experience haha.

Your standard boarding picture.

Plenty of legroom for my 6'10"frame in the exit row.

Departure commenced just after sunset for a straight shot north to SFO.

Flight was smooth as we cruised at 24,000 feet for the short 191 mile 46 minute flight. Service was pretty standard nothing to write home about except that 90% of the passengers onboard were college students just like me heading home for Thanksgiving.
Over downtown San Luis Obispo.

Landed in SFO on time and parked at Gate 76A.

Had a 2 hour layover which consisted of meeting my dad who flew in earlier from Haneda, getting dinner, and relaxing in the United Club.

Our SFO-SNA flight was on a CRJ-700 with the new United seats onboard. Seats were fine for an hour flight especially since I was in the exit row.

We took off from runway 1R, circled around the city and then headed south over the Pacific Coast to SNA.

Legroom was fine for me in the exit row on this short flight.

A picture of the Newport Beach coastline before coming in for landing.

Our CRJ-700 pulled into gate 1A next to the Delta 757 and A319 which were parked over night for their early morning departures the next day.

The flight home did included one thing that I'd never experience before which was landing the opposite way at SNA by coming over the ocean and landing on 1L. Overall the service was great as the flight attendants were very nice and attentive throughout the whole drink and snack service. Hope you enjoyed my short TR!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.