Wiki Posts
Search

Cathay's New Manchester Service: CX358 J Class

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2014, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by hickmantitle
Great trip report, especially liked the shot of the bathroom on board. Hate plane bathrooms, but this one looked nice.
That bathroom near the L1 door is supposed to be a F class one, but somehow is also installed in this 3 class plane
Old Dec 22, 2014, 1:44 am
Original Poster

Hi guys,

re the poor breakfast onboard, this is CX's response:

Dear Mr Fong

We are sorry to learn of the breakfast service onboard when travelling from Manchester to Hong Kong on 13 December 2014. We certainly understand your disappointment and we do apologise. We know that this is not the kind of service you would expect from us.

Catering is an important part of our inflight service and we regret the poor impression created with the breakfast service. We constantly monitor both the results of our customer satisfaction surveys as well as feedback such as yours to adjust the ratio of meals loaded. I have therefore passed a copy of your comments on to our Catering Department and I am certain that this will prove helpful when they next review the meal service for our flights.

By way of an apology, we would like to offer you 7500 Asia Miles which will be credited to your membership account and this will be reflected on your next activity statement under the reference of “goodwill”.

We once again apologise for your experience and we thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. We hope that your future experiences with us will be satisfactory in all respects and we look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Yours sincerely

What do you think??
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist
Weak and even a little insulting to be so paltry, but at least worth the time you took to write. I don't think you'll do any better.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
very nice TR - thanks for sharing.

have CX J coming up so particularly useful.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 5:36 pm

Great pictures and trip report. Thanks for sharing.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 6:48 pm

I don't know what your expectations are for CX's response, but technically I guess you could treat the compensation as being credited double asia miles for the flight, which could become handy for future redemptions.
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MatthewLAX
Weak and even a little insulting to be so paltry, but at least worth the time you took to write. I don't think you'll do any better.
I honestly didn't expect anything more than a lame PR response
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chris1979
very nice TR - thanks for sharing.

have CX J coming up so particularly useful.
More than welcome.

Where about are you flying to/from?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GE90-115B
I don't know what your expectations are for CX's response, but technically I guess you could treat the compensation as being credited double asia miles for the flight, which could become handy for future redemptions.
Agreed. Definitely took the double miles as bonus. I actually thought that was quite generous from a usually stingy CX
Old Dec 30, 2014, 3:31 am

Programs: British Airways
I'm no expert in writing these reports but this one just has brilliant written all over it! Thanks for a superbly illustrated TR on one of the most anticipated services here in Manchester!

How would compare Cathay with BA? Those seats look pretty decent.

Will want to try out this new service one day
Old Dec 30, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: LH, BA, Hilton
Awesome TR. Great pictures, I spent many an hour spotting from the MSCP in MAN in the 80's.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 10:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Question for the OP: did they run out of J entrees entirely, or just one or two choices?

Seems like the OP got the Asian entree from Y, so perhaps they ran out of the Asian J entree and could offer him either the Western J entree or the Asian Y entree.

In either case, as posters upthread have mentioned, on a flight that was heavy with op-ups, I would expect the ISM/SP in J to go round discreetly taking orders of revenue pax first to ensure that they got their choice of entree before taking care of the op-ups.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aireuropa0657
I'm no expert in writing these reports but this one just has brilliant written all over it! Thanks for a superbly illustrated TR on one of the most anticipated services here in Manchester!

How would compare Cathay with BA? Those seats look pretty decent.

Will want to try out this new service one day
Thanks for those kind words!

Thats a no brainer there.. CX hands down! Not sure if I would call the CW seats decent:P
Old Dec 31, 2014, 10:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jumbojet19920711
Question for the OP: did they run out of J entrees entirely, or just one or two choices?

Seems like the OP got the Asian entree from Y, so perhaps they ran out of the Asian J entree and could offer him either the Western J entree or the Asian Y entree.

In either case, as posters upthread have mentioned, on a flight that was heavy with op-ups, I would expect the ISM/SP in J to go round discreetly taking orders of revenue pax first to ensure that they got their choice of entree before taking care of the op-ups.
No they actually ran out of all THREE breakfast choices.

But as I said before, the crew did their part and they were very sincere with the apology.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 11:22 pm

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
Thanks for those kind words!

Thats a no brainer there.. CX hands down! Not sure if I would call the CW seats decent:P
Isn't the refurbished B A first and business class considered one of the finest? The rendered pictures looked very elegant

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.