Reload this Page >

Lufthansa's *NEW* Business Class! B747-8 with lie-flats, LAX-FRA

Lufthansa's *NEW* Business Class! B747-8 with lie-flats, LAX-FRA

Old Oct 21, 2014, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by Chilangoflyer
Häägen Dazs is commonly known as the best and one of the most expensive ice creams you can buy in Germany
Thats`s tru. I was surprised how cheap it is in the US and took a lot. In the end I find it OK for Business, it`s not First
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Sen, Delta Skymiles Gold
I'm afraid I am quite underwhelmed by the new business class from LH. There is very little privacy, and storage opportunities. AF, DL and AA are better options for trans atlantic, even BA with it's awful food, but great privacy would be a better choice for me. And the ME3, CX and SQ are far better options when going east.
How does LH think this is competitive?
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Only flew once the old Business and of course wasn`t impressed. Judging on the pictures and reports here I didn`t change my mind. They and their pilots claim LH is a premium carrier, but I think they are miles ahead others. To be fair I didn`t fly for a while as First Class fairs are often priced double compared to BA or Emirates.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 5:29 pm

Two to three weeks?
That makes me sad :-(
Old Oct 26, 2014, 12:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by Chilangoflyer
Häägen Dazs is commonly known as the best and one of the most expensive ice creams you can buy in Germany
Yes, but I can see the point of others because it's just in a container. It's like going to a nice restaurant, and they give you a container of Haagen Dazs for dessert.
But I was happy with it.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Thats`s tru. I was surprised how cheap it is in the US and took a lot. In the end I find it OK for Business, it`s not First
Agree. It's nice, but not great.

Originally Posted by gordon0808
I'm afraid I am quite underwhelmed by the new business class from LH. There is very little privacy, and storage opportunities. AF, DL and AA are better options for trans atlantic, even BA with it's awful food, but great privacy would be a better choice for me. And the ME3, CX and SQ are far better options when going east.
Thanks for the comment. Too bad those other airlines, except SQ, aren't in star alliance. Personally, I think the SQ seat is very hard and uncomfortable, and the food is not that good. I have a video trip report of SQ business class on my youtube channel, and I was very underwhelmed with SQ.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Only flew once the old Business and of course wasn`t impressed. Judging on the pictures and reports here I didn`t change my mind. They and their pilots claim LH is a premium carrier, but I think they are miles ahead others. To be fair I didn`t fly for a while as First Class fairs are often priced double compared to BA or Emirates.
Thanks for the comment.

Originally Posted by chilicat
Two to three weeks?
That makes me sad :-(
I know, I have lots and lots of work to do (outside of making videos)
Old Nov 6, 2014, 2:31 pm

Could you at least post a few more photos? Please?
Old Nov 6, 2014, 6:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP,2MM, DL Gold,Starwood PLT
Originally Posted by gordon0808

I agree generally with your assessment of LH J. Not awful but never anything special either. They have been able to get away with it from a historically captive German market. Things are changing now with a lot more competition from ME3 carriers etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.