Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Airlines - DXB-SFO

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MM
Cool Emirates Airlines - DXB-SFO

October 1 - UA 977 DXB to IAD flew out for 1.5 hours faced a mechanical and returned to DXB. United did an awesome job of rebooking us all and also gave us options to fly Emirates if there were seats. Unfortunately as a complimentary upgrade I received a seat in coach on Emirates.

Emirates 225 DXB - SFO - Boeing 777-300ER.

Boarding experience was pleasant as flight attendants quickly got us settled to our seats. Rating - 4/5

Seats this is where Emirates fails miserably. Most airlines do a 3, 3, 3 configuration Emirates has a pathetic 3, 4, 3 configuration making the seats extremely narrow for such a long haul. Rating 1/5

Service Emirates tries to make up for the pathetic seats with service. Three meals Breakfast, Lunch, and light snack before landing. Alcohol is free and between meals you can walk back to the galley for snacks and drinks which the flight attendants are happy to serve you. Rating 4/5

Flight Attendants Provide great service but not very friendly. At times feel like they are not enjoying their jobs. Makes the experience a bit sad. Rating 3/5

Overall While the 14 hour service was bearable because of the great entertainment and food service, the seat really destroyed the overall experience. Toward the end there was no toilet paper in a toilet and no one had really addressed it on board.

Overall Ranking - 3/5
Old Oct 2, 2014, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I just flew IAH-DXB return on the same equipment and thought the Y seats were perfectly comfortable for a long flight. Far more comfortable than any North American airline I've been on in coach.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:05 pm

I'd love to know which airline provides a 3,3,3 seat configuration in long haul economy, as I haven't seen that anywhere lately.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 8:18 pm

Programs: AC*A
Originally Posted by netllama
I'd love to know which airline provides a 3,3,3 seat configuration in long haul economy, as I haven't seen that anywhere lately.
AC on some 77Ws/all 77Ls, UA 772s, DL 777s, SQ 777s, CX 777s, etc.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: Aeroplan, BA, QR
Originally Posted by krazykanuck
I just flew IAH-DXB return on the same equipment and thought the Y seats were perfectly comfortable for a long flight. Far more comfortable than any North American airline I've been on in coach.
I flew JNB-DXB last year, and while it was only 8 hours I found the seat space to be more than adequate despite the configuration.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by netllama
BA do on their 772 and 77W's
Old Oct 3, 2014, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, MM
UA on 777 is 3,3,3
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
OMG, 14 hours in EK Y?? Can't imagine that one. I flew DXB-JNB in Business last year and I thought even their 77W J seat (2-3-2) was narrow.
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
3-4-3 on a 777 sounds terrible. What is the seat width? How much narrower are they to other airlines?
Old Oct 4, 2014, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by avneeshj
3-4-3 on a 777 sounds terrible. What is the seat width? How much narrower are they to other airlines?
According to seatguru...
17" and 32" pitch on the EK 77W (33-34" on the 77L).
UA is 18" and 31" pitch (34" for E+)
Old Oct 4, 2014, 9:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
OMG, 14 hours in EK Y?? Can't imagine that one.
Well you can read all about it here.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...mirates-y.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.