Wiki Posts
Search

Hajj, A Journey of a Lifetime: An Insiders Look

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by Dover2Golf
I've learned a lot from it and learning is always a good thing.
EXACTLY ^
Old Feb 14, 2016, 10:07 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
Thanks for posting such an excellent and insightful report. I enjoyed every line of it. Of course I've heard of people going on Hajj before, now I understand much more of what it's like and why.
Old Feb 14, 2016, 1:41 pm

Programs: AR, LA, A3, UT, 6R, U6, PS, SU, and many more
What an amazing report.
My flatmate also did the Hajj trip recently, and he told me very deep and amazing things. For me, as a non-Muslim, it seems interesting, but from a religious/spiritual point of view should be much more intense. He went on his own (pretty easy actually), and just bought an ordinary flight to Jeddah from Moscow via IST.
Visa (done in Russia) was really fast, and he wasn't even asked for an invitation letter. It stated there "Tourism", so he didn't went through the Hajj terminal, but rather on the standard one. There he met his uncle so they spent the following 10 days together.
Something interesting is that his uncle had, before himself, paid all his 5 children (not to his daughters though) for doing the Hajj pilgrimage, before he could do it himself. He did it now, with over 70 years. Each trip was about 8 years of savings!
Admirable report, and nice you could also invite your wife there.

Cheers,
Eielef @MOW
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:24 pm

It it Hajj season, time to bump up the thread. To my Islam friends on here, a blessed Hajj.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 4:30 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Eid Mubarak
Old Sep 12, 2016, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Thanks for the report. My barber (Iraqi refugee) went in 2015 (so a year after you) paid by a benefactor. He enjoyed it for the spiritual and religious experience but didn't care for the treatment of some pilgrims by the Saudis (something I've read in the media).
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Think I've said it before but I just re-read this report and really enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:17 pm

Programs: UA 1MM 1K, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist, status-free on AA, AS, B6, DL, WN, Amtrak, etc.
OP: Shukran! Very much appreciated your testimony.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 7:36 pm

What an extraordinary TR. thank you so much for sharing this, you have given us an amazing gift and made your faith proud. Hope the 2 years since tour Hajj have brought you only peace and joy.
Eid Mubarak!
Old Sep 13, 2016, 8:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
Beautifully written and a joy to read. Learned a lot as others have said, pictures were wonderful and your spirit and spirituality really shown through in every post.
Old May 9, 2018, 4:44 am

its really nice information about the holy places of Makkah and Madina and Hajj is an obligatory act on Muslims.
thanks for sharing.
isaifan and Annalisa12 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.