Old Sep 20, 2014, 3:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Flying Blue Gold ; TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Air Tahiti Nui new J, LAX PPT

Hello

I'm happy to report the retrofited Business class of Air Tahiti Nui
Los Angeles [LAX] - Papeete [PPT] Air Tahiti Nui TN1, A343, Business
CLICK HERE

After a first flight with AF in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...0-cdg-lax.html
The last leg of my trip is with Air Tahiti Nui

The seat with nice colors

Simple but decent catering

For the full report, CLICK HERE

And some bonus pictures at the end of the report
Old Sep 20, 2014, 4:03 pm

I think I prefer the look of AF, thanks for finishing off the trip report!
Old Sep 21, 2014, 6:25 am

Programs: OZ*G, VA Plat, NZ*G (Elite), QF Gold and PC+, Hyatt Explorist, HH Gold, Bonvoyed ("Gold")
Nice report, thanks - I've enjoyed all the instalments.

TN has done a good job with the colours and fabrics in their new cabins... but it's sad to see that in 2014 an airline is gradually equipping it's new longhaul business class with sloping seats. Surely that's a short-sighted move?
Old Oct 3, 2014, 8:04 am

Nice Report, However I would reckon that meal service is likely to be underperformed if the only choice in second main course is Chicken
Old Oct 3, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
This is one we have't seen to much of. Thanks for sharing ^

Food looks good.
Old Oct 3, 2014, 9:45 pm

Programs: CX,SQ,PR,QR
Thanks for the report ^
Old Oct 3, 2014, 11:02 pm

Really nice colors in the new cabin, it makes it seem very fun. Thanks for sharing.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 3:25 pm

Any idea when all 5 of their planes will have the updated business class installed? We're taking that flight in September 2015 and I'd love to experience the new business class...looks very refreshing! Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Great pictures and a great report! I LOVED the paint job on the air NZ bird. The updated ATN planes look nice too. Bora Bora is at the top of my bucket list and one day I will get there
Old Oct 30, 2014, 11:53 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mad_atta
Nice report, thanks - I've enjoyed all the instalments.

TN has done a good job with the colours and fabrics in their new cabins... but it's sad to see that in 2014 an airline is gradually equipping it's new longhaul business class with sloping seats. Surely that's a short-sighted move?
Not necessarily; first of all, Air Tahiti Nui has the bulk of the market share to/from French Polynesia. Second, there is almost no business traffic to Papeete - making business class not a priority.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 4:52 pm

Programs: QFWP (LTSG), NZ (Jade), TG ROP (Forgotten), OZ (Silver), AA (Cardboard), EK (Lowest of the Low)
Originally Posted by oneworld82
Not necessarily; first of all, Air Tahiti Nui has the bulk of the market share to/from French Polynesia. Second, there is almost no business traffic to Papeete - making business class not a priority.
Business Class does not necessarily mean for business market at all. You will find most of the seats taken by affluent passengers taking holidays in very expensive resorts or cruise ships. Can you imagine someone paying over $2k USD a night wanting to travel in economy on a long haul flight?
Anyway I find it hard to believe that TN would refurbish all five of their aircraft as they are not even close to utilising four of them. But the airline is so mismanaged due to interference it would not surpirse me that they will in fact refurbish all five aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.