Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Beautiful Thailand

Beautiful Thailand

Old Sep 19, 2014, 1:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Your photography skills are phenomenal. Each picture is captivating and the composition is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your great TR.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hebsan
Nice report and some absolutely beautiful pictures! I love Thailand and I am planning to retire there.
Many thanks, hebsan, you definitely have alot to look forward to settling down in the land of smiles.

Originally Posted by IamHungry
Cool report! I'm Thai and glad that you did enjoy Thailand!
Thank you, IamHungry, great to get an endorsement from a Thai citizen.

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
beautiful pictures. Did you asked all the people if you take a few pictures of them? What was their reaction?
Cheers, h1ghfly3r. Yes, for the portrait shots I always asked first, with a few hand gestures too in case they did not understand me. People were genuinely friendly and happy for me to take their photo.

Originally Posted by exilencfc
Cool report. Thailand is inching its way up my priority list - mostly for the food it must be admitted
Thanks, exilencfc, yes the food was definitely a highlight of the trip.

Originally Posted by bruceba
Thanks. Great report. I am planning my first trip.
Cheers, bruceba, hopefully a few ideas here to help with your planning.

Originally Posted by yuel
Very nicely done!!! I was born in Bangkok. Now I must go make green curry and rice, you made me hungry.
Thank you, yuel, yes, nothing like a thai green curry to sate the cravings.

Originally Posted by Madone59
Your photos are spectacular - thank you for sharing ^
Thanks, Madone5.

Originally Posted by agp423
Stunning photos!
Many thanks, agp423, I fortunately got to meet some very hospitable and beautiful people so wasn't too hard to get some great shots.

Originally Posted by restlessinRNO
Great pictures. I can tell you had a good time. Thank you for posting.

BTW the temple you visited in Bangkok when you took the ferry across the Chao Phraya River was Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn.
Thank you, restlessinRNO. Wat Arun was definitely a cool temple to visit and get away from the usual tourist crowds.

Originally Posted by nemme99
Unbelievable photos. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers, nemme99.

Originally Posted by shogunate03
Fantastic report and amazing trip! Always glad to see another report from DanielW.

I'm impressed by the number of people shots you are able to get - it really does add quite a bit to the story and gives you a sense of "feeling" the local environment. Not sure how often you get turned down or told no, but seems like a fair share of people are willing to have their picture taken.

Petting the tigers seems pretty surreal - and freakin' awesome.
Thank you, shogunate03. Yes, the Thai people were very friendly and happy to put up with a overbearing 'farang' like me with a camera. The tigers were a real trip too. Some of the Thai tiger parks seem to get a bad rap, but the one we went to didn't seem too bad.

Originally Posted by avneeshj
Your photography skills are phenomenal. Each picture is captivating and the composition is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your great TR.
Many thanks, avneeshj. Hopefully not too long until I get to take some more photo's for my next TR.
Old Sep 19, 2014, 7:33 am

This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting this!
Old Sep 19, 2014, 11:24 am

Programs: most of them
Fantastic photos. I always miss Thailand when I am not there. But I am not quite so adventurous as you are.

Last edited by glennaa11; Sep 20, 2014 at 3:57 pm
Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:12 pm

Programs: Azerbaijan Airlines Gold, Turkish Miles and Smiles, IHG Plat
What a great trip and fantastic photos. I really enjoyed reading that.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 6:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold..Flying around the world
Great photos.really shows another side of Thailand!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 7:00 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
A great report with fantastic pictures! Well done!
Old Sep 20, 2014, 9:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Strawboy1230
This is absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for posting this!
Thank you, Strawboy1230. Wasn't too hard to take a good photo in beautiful Thailand.

Originally Posted by glennaa11
Fantastic photos. I always miss Thailand when I am not there. But I am not quite so adventurous as you all.
Thanks, glennaa11, the tigers were actually pretty friendly, not so scary as the ladyboys anyway.

Originally Posted by MichaelBaku
What a great trip and fantastic photos. I really enjoyed reading that.
Cheers, MichaelBaku, my writing skills aren't too distinguished, but hopefully good enough to string the photo's together.

Originally Posted by alexisonsmith
Great photos.really shows another side of Thailand!
Thanks, alexisonsmith, yes, feels like 2 weeks there barely scratched the surface of this fascinating country.

Originally Posted by LondonElite
A great report with fantastic pictures! Well done!
Many thanks, LondonElite, a really colourful and fun place to go wild with the camera.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by DanielW
Many thanks, LondonElite, a really colourful and fun place to go wild with the camera.
I lived there for six years and go back often. A truly beautiful place! You have a real camera-eye ^.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Elite, AZ CFP
DanielW your my favourite trip reporter here!
Your pics are simply stunning because they tell a story: through your reports it's like we're there with you, and that's worth more than a thousand first class seats or fancy hotel room. Chapeau.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AA, UA, Delta, Hilton
Read your report at work..your report and photos were voted as some of the best. Not sure if that means a lot coming from physicians and nurses..lol but you definitely made working the night shift much more fun. Your trip reports are some of the most interesting reports I have read. I really enjoy your photos.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 3:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by themapelligroup
DanielW your my favourite trip reporter here!
Your pics are simply stunning because they tell a story: through your reports it's like we're there with you, and that's worth more than a thousand first class seats or fancy hotel room. Chapeau.
Thank you, themapelligroup. I often actually take photo's of my hotel rooms, but they are typically very mediocre compared to other TR's so don't make it past the first cull.

Originally Posted by lasvegaswannabe
Read your report at work..your report and photos were voted as some of the best. Not sure if that means a lot coming from physicians and nurses..lol but you definitely made working the night shift much more fun. Your trip reports are some of the most interesting reports I have read. I really enjoy your photos.
Many thanks, lasvegaswannabe! I hope the 'virtual tour' through Thailand made the shift go a little quicker.
Old Sep 22, 2014, 10:24 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
Your trip reports are always stunning. I wish I could join you on one these trips. Thanks for the beautiful pictures.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM, National EE, Hertz PC, IHG PL, Bonvoy Amb
Great report! Would love to see some food pix if you took any.
Old Sep 23, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: SQ *gold / Starwood
Thank you!!
I never get tired of visiting Thailand and your amazing photos remind me why.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.