Our week in Beijing and Shanghai via Air China and JAL First Class

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our week in Beijing and Shanghai via Air China and JAL First Class

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2015, 10:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold, NEXUS, GE, ABTC/APEC, South Korea SES, eIACS, PP, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by SFO777
LOL. Darn, I knew I missed something. How about "all of these JAL wines were too good to be on any Ken Chase list"?

For total experience, absolutely.

From reports, it does sound like the AA 77W J hard product is excellent. Too bad the soft product is pathetic.
I can confirm the last statement (though on the 2 routes I have flown it on, I have wanted to maximise sleep anyhow, for timing reasons.)
Old Nov 2, 2015, 11:02 pm

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
SFO, great pics!

Do you know what's this type of green tea is called?

P.S: What kind of camera/lens are you using to still get such clear shots of these during turbulence
http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/JAL/...sion%202-L.jpg
Old Nov 13, 2015, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AA_EXP09
I can confirm the last statement (though on the 2 routes I have flown it on, I have wanted to maximise sleep anyhow, for timing reasons.)
Thanks AA_EXP09. One of our friends was a UA GS who used to fly UA First to Australia all the time. When I asked why UA, he gave a simply explanation. "Couple glass of wine and I sleep the entire way. UA FAs don't bother me and there is nothing to stay awake for."

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
SFO, great pics!
Do you know what's this type of green tea is called?

P.S: What kind of camera/lens are you using to still get such clear shots of these during turbulence
http://sfo777.smugmug.com/Other/JAL/...sion%202-L.jpg
Sorry, I don't remember which tea it was. That turbulence pic was from my Canon 60D on sport mode. I typically take continuous pics and then delete all but the best one. Probably took 20+ to get the clearest one. Apparently, I'm easily amused.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
LOL. Just had to post this follow-up about this moron...

T.J. Miller arrested in suspicion of battery on a driver...

You can't make up this stuff.

And then there was this guy, who reminded me of Charles Manson. High as a kite, no doubt off to Denver to get even higher. Yikes. Was yapping on the phone the entire time and after the door was closed. FA had to tell him three times to turn off the phone. Also, didn't like that we rolled our eyes at him and put on our Bose.

But the best part was yet to come. At the gate in Denver, he tried to engage us in conversation. We both ignored the guy and stayed in our seats, Bose on, until everyone was off the plane. With gate check bags, no need to get off any sooner. FA apologized for the idiot as did the Captain who told FA that she should have let him know at LAX and he would have tossed him. Manson wasn't in the jet bridge waiting for his bags but he wasn't done with us. He wound up stalking us as he came out of the shadows and followed us down one of the moving walkways. I caught a glimpse peripherally and at the end of the walkway, turned right to an active United gate and asked the GA to call security because the guy was stalking us. That scared the crap of Manson and he ran away... never to be seen again. Wow, that was weird.
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
That's TJ Miller from Silicon Valley!!!
Seriously? What a total d-bag. Glad you've outed him. LOL.
Originally Posted by MAH4546
Ha, yes, that's most definitely him, or he has a twin. I've seen him a few times at events around LA; "high as a kite" is a good description of him all the time.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 7:14 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by steveman518
You were at badaling, which is a complete zoo from start to finish. It's not so bad if you go up the steeper side and go all the way to the end, but most people tend to go for the busier (and less strenuous) side with crowds for days
We went to JinShaling as well ! Our guide told us that if you want to see
people then you go to Badaling but you want to see the wall you go to
jinshling ! It was an amazing experience. We tool the cable car up but then walked miles on the wall...

F.A.
Old Oct 25, 2017, 2:34 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
@SFO777or anyone, Do you still regard the Four seasons as higher than the Rosewood?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.