Search

Asiana A380 First Class LAX-SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2014, 7:08 am
Formerly known as rwk32882
Original Poster

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Asiana A380 First Class LAX-SIN

I had the pleasure of flying OZ's new A380 first class product on the LAX-SIN route yesterday. Tickets were obtained at pre-UA-devaluation rates back in January, even before the A380's first route was announced. I got lucky and ended up being on the 3rd day of service. It was a fantastic flight.

I'm in the midst of vacation right now so I don't have time to type up a proper TR, but I still thought everyone might like to flip through some photos: album

Last edited by Roaming Ryan; Aug 24, 2014 at 1:51 pm
Old Aug 24, 2014, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Awesome pictures! Interesting to compare F suites on the 777 which I was fortunate enough to fly earlier this year. The cabin looks a bit more open and airy (not surprising) and the tablet for seat control is new.

Also looks like they've switched the amenity kit from BVLGARI to Salvatore Ferragamo.

Look forward the full TR!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Gold
Great photos of your flight. How is storage on OZ's A380? Where would you store a roll aboard? Is there room beneath the ottoman?

I'm sure a trip report would be welcomed here on FT.
Old Aug 24, 2014, 5:44 pm

WOW looks amazing!
Old Aug 24, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
As someone mentioned it does seem the F cabin is a little "fresher" on this than the 777. Did you visit the bar/lounge area for F/J on the plane?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:39 am
Formerly known as rwk32882
Original Poster

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Just a couple of comments regarding the above:

1) The ottoman doesn't have a heck of a lot of space under it, but I suppose a smaller roll aboard would fit. We opted to have the FAs store our bags in the closets just aft of door 1L. There are three large closets up there for this purpose.

2) I thought the amenity kit looked unlike the others I had seen in other OZ trip reports. The PJs are also different. They are charcoal gray in color but aren't branded, other than "Asiana Airlines" on the bag and on the tags.

3) We took "the walk" after the meal service. First we went up the forward stairs and finished our champagne in the lounge area. There was just a small tray of snacks like what they serve at the end of the business class meal service. It's no VS or EK operation, that's for sure, but it would be a nice escape from the J seats.

4) I couldn't try the J seats because I couldn't find an empty one. Loads in Y were also quite heavy, though there were a few empties.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:49 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Airmiles AMEX-MR Alaska Airlines
Great pics. Thanks for the TR.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:11 pm

WOW!!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 1:52 am

Programs: UA: 1K, Hyatt: Explorist and Marriott: LF Titanium Elite
WOW looking forward to this since I'm doing LAX - ICN next week~!!
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I love the outdoor lounge area. Looks fabulous.

Asiana might be fun to fly with. Thanks for posting the pics. They were great.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 9:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! What a fabulous TR!!!! I'm so glad you had a great flight and enjoy the first A380 flight.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Wow great pics, loved the outside lounge area at LAX. The food looked really appertising and there were times I nearly had to reach out and grab some, was getting extremely hungry by the time the report came to an end. Look forward to reading a written report, but so nice to have photos all in one go before the reading comes along. Liked the presentation of the amenity kit and pj's that bag can so easily be used as shoe bags. Look forward to reading TR when you get time

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.