Wiki Posts
Search

Live TR from G-CIVG somewhere over the Atlantic

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: MUCCI :D, BA Lifetime Gold, JJC (1980 the Leo Budd years) Hilton Gold
Live TR from G-CIVG somewhere over the Atlantic

I am writing my first live TR - bits of this happened in the past but bits are live!

Started out this morning from somewhere up the A1 and drove to LHR with far too much traffic on the M25 - I eventually arrived at T5 business parking and took a pod to T5 at LHR. I then proceeded to the First checkin and asked about an AUP - was told this was ok and then after lots of lengthy conversations that I was not an appropriate pax - sigh!

After a quick move through South Security I then went to the CCR for a quick glass of LPGS and a Duck Breast (note it takes a while to cook).

I then used the level -4 to walk to T5B and eventually my gate B32.

I boarded the a/c with no problems and realised it has on board wifi!

Better than the CW LCY version too!

So I'm just finishing lunch and photos live ish follow - more to update later on!

Last edited by boadh398; Aug 16, 2014 at 1:29 pm Reason: Photo corrections
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Deleted since it referred to the now corrected orientation of the photos.

Last edited by boadh398; Aug 16, 2014 at 1:30 pm Reason: Deleted
Old Aug 16, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Not to be rude but what is the point of this? Two upside down pictures and a blurb about traffic isn't much of a trip report.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:03 pm
Original Poster

I'll be telling more - it's been a difficult tr to edit based on just using an iphone!

BA offering a 747 with a proper wifi connection as opposed to that on the London City A318s.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by aviato
Not to be rude but what is the point of this? Two upside down pictures and a blurb about traffic isn't much of a trip report.
Well this is quite the first post.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Originally Posted by mkjr
Well this is quite the first post.
I've been a lurker on FT for at least 6 years and we're seeing more and more "trip reports" like this. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing that this report doesn't add much value to the forum. If you don't like my opinion then feel free to add me to your ignore list.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Silver
I've been a lurker on FT for at least 6 years and we're seeing more and more "trip reports" like this. I can't imagine anyone disagreeing that this report doesn't add much value to the forum. If you don't like my opinion then feel free to add me to your ignore list.
I for one disagree, I don't recall anyone posting live from a BA 744 with wifi....

On another note nice to see the CW mains look as appetising as ever
Old Aug 17, 2014, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I can't imagine anyone disagreeing that this report doesn't add much value to the forum.
I disagree too and if I may add, snarky comments aren't welcome on this forum or any on Flyertalk. The OP decided to make use of the wifi onboard which I don't think has been done before on a BA 747 on this forum so the report is unique from that perspective.

OP, please keep posting.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports

Last edited by matthandy; Aug 17, 2014 at 10:29 am
Old Aug 18, 2014, 7:01 am

Programs: HH diamond(yr 16, >922 nights ), AA Gld for life (1MM),M&M FTL , Sixt platinum; IATA DTTF
Thumbs up "snarky comments aren't welcome on this forum or any on Flyertalk"

Originally Posted by matthandy
I disagree too and if I may add, snarky comments aren't welcome on this forum or any on Flyertalk. The OP decided to make use of the wifi onboard which I don't think has been done before on a BA 747 on this forum so the report is unique from that perspective.

OP, please keep posting.

matthandy
Moderator: Trip Reports
^^ & too bad not all moderators apply this same principle as FT seems to become a collection of way too many "snarky" comments lately !

Nicely done by OP to give a "live" TR ... keep posting as you go plse

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.