Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > Trip Reports
Reload this Page >

Live TR: MAN-LHR-BRU-LHR-JFK-MIA-SEA/SFO-LAX-JFK-LHR-BRU-LHR-MAN

Old Aug 9, 2014, 2:05 am

Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:48 am

Wink

Originally Posted by mkjr
Nice. Look forward to checking in on your blog. Btw, what is the drink in your wife's glass. The pink one.
I'm glad you asked that, mkjr, so I can post the answer here and for once in my wine-drinking career I won't forget the name of a delicious one! It's 'Wandering Bear rose' from the Western Cape, South Africa and it was perfect IMHO, not too dry and not sweet, very fruity. Biilinghamn's job is to find some of this and buy me a case. Just the one case, I'm not greedy. V
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: BA Blue
Thanks for posting enjoying the trip report lots

DMF

------------------------------------

A scorpion in Sweden?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL (GGL/CCR), Hilton Diamond

On board BA0175 in 1A/1K. First on and able to take lots of piccies. Got my order in for LPGS. Top stuff...
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm pleased you're still posting, and I think you're right - life's too short to worry about these things.

I know some on here rather like the BRU lounge but I've never been a great fan (I've probably spent too much time there). So I don't think you missed a lot with the changed flight yesterday. In any event I hope you have a great trip in First and I look forward to the next update.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DavidPM
I'm pleased you're still posting, and I think you're right - life's too short to worry about these things.

I know some on here rather like the BRU lounge but I've never been a great fan (I've probably spent too much time there). So I don't think you missed a lot with the changed flight yesterday. In any event I hope you have a great trip in First and I look forward to the next update.
Thanks DavidPM - it's a real experience. Running about 15/20 mins late now so hopefully we won't be delayed much longer. We only have 2 hrs 20 mins at JFK before our connection to MIA from T7.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Rewards, BAPP
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by billinghamv
I'm glad you asked that, mkjr, so I can post the answer here and for once in my wine-drinking career I won't forget the name of a delicious one! It's 'Wandering Bear rose' from the Western Cape, South Africa and it was perfect IMHO, not too dry and not sweet, very fruity. Biilinghamn's job is to find some of this and buy me a case. Just the one case, I'm not greedy. V
billinghamn shouldn't have any trouble keeping you supplied. I got a "proper" sized 12 case rather than a paltry 6 off the internet for Ł69. I'm sure he can afford to pay that for you but maybe don't ask to bathe in it, he might get his t-shirt off again

AQ
Old Aug 10, 2014, 8:53 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
be interested to know how the 'premium security' is recently at JFK at the AA terminal.

Last time we had the benefit of the Flagship checkin/security there when flying down to LAX, but in a few weeks are in Biz vs F, so only have premium checkin/security.

We also will only have 2 hours 20 mins when coming in from LHR onwards to LAX, so am a little concerned it will be rushed, but are hand baggage only.

So just like you guys - hope its not too much stress and plane is on time landing!

Great TR as always - glad you are continuing!

Last edited by crazyarmadillo; Aug 10, 2014 at 8:59 am Reason: spelling
Old Aug 10, 2014, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Just landed at JFK after one aborted landing attempt due to being too close to the plane in front. Got a tad less than 2 hours to get over to T1 now.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
you better hurry! Didn't realise you going to T1 - I thought it would be T8.

Shame not much lounge time for you ....

you'll need to make up for that!
Old Aug 10, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
you better hurry! Didn't realise you going to T1 - I thought it would be T8.

Shame not much lounge time for you ....

you'll need to make up for that!
Sorry mis typed on my phone! Now in T8 Flagship Lounge. We were met by an AA rep, having just gone through Global Entry, and she gave us an express connections ticket holder and although we had to wait a good 5 mins for the next AirTrain heading directly to T8 it didn't take us long to get through T8 security.

Premium Security at T8 is always a bit hiss and miss isn't it? They are a bolshy lot in T8 and then they don't seem to want to help much to make the security process smooth and easy going.

Anyway, we now have 60 mins to boarding from Gate 36 so no probs.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Now on board AA1451 to MIA, due to leave at 14:30 local time and arrive at 18:00. Flight to Seattle doesn't leave MIA until 20:55 so plenty of time to chill in a MIA lounge. But which one?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by billinghamn
Now on board AA1451 to MIA, due to leave at 14:30 local time and arrive at 18:00. Flight to Seattle doesn't leave MIA until 20:55 so plenty of time to chill in a MIA lounge. But which one?
Go over to E, skip the admirals clubs
Old Aug 10, 2014, 12:57 pm

Programs: FT
Originally Posted by billinghamn
I recall you could walk from the D gates to E and try the BA/Iberia lounge....the AA lounge is marginal. I think there is a tunnel that connects so you don't have to go through security. I think this lounge is better than the Aa one. ..
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wrp96
Go over to E, skip the admirals clubs
Originally Posted by mkjr
I recall you could walk from the D gates to E and try the BA/Iberia lounge....the AA lounge is marginal. I think there is a tunnel that connects so you don't have to go through security. I think this lounge is better than the Aa one. ..
I agree with you both. The Premium Lounge is better than the Admiral's Club lounge I think, so we will head that way. I need to pop over to the AC though to see whether my favourite AA agent is around so I can say hello. She helped me out on a number of occasions when heading to Cancun not so long back. Always good to keep in contact with these people who might just be able to help you out again in the future.

Anyway we are now in the air on the way to MIA - relatively clear sky here in NY and on the way down the east coast. Very warm and to be honest nice to be in an air conditioned aircraft.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

I've ordered my Samuel Adams beer on board and the bbq chicken on a bed of lettuce. I've lost track whether this is breakfast, lunch or dinner!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.