Community
Wiki Posts
Search

A Trip To Ukraine, Belarus & Russia

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2014, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold
Some of the best photos out there in this trip report. Bravo!!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Oh, God!

It's amazing, the pics are so....unbelievably cool ! Great to see so many places pictures so perfectly!
Old Aug 11, 2014, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by shogunate03
Fantastic photos DanielW! Always a big fan of your TRs that take us all on an adventure to a less traveled path (at least compared to most other TRs).
Thanks, shogunate03. I travel 'at the back of the bus' so try and make up for it with the between flying bits of travel.

Originally Posted by oneworld82
Some of the best photos out there in this trip report. Bravo!!
Many thanks, oneworld82, I try and do my best.

Originally Posted by maciek55
Oh, God!

It's amazing, the pics are so....unbelievably cool ! Great to see so many places pictures so perfectly!
Cheers, maciek55, had some perfect summer weather which really helped with the pics.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Excellent report with some great pictures. I feel ashamed for cancelling Russia from my next summer's travel plans due to the current Ukraine crisis.
Old Sep 3, 2014, 6:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA Fan
Excellent report with some great pictures. I feel ashamed for cancelling Russia from my next summer's travel plans due to the current Ukraine crisis.
Thanks, UA Fan. The ruble is at a record low at the moment so perfect time to go.

Finding a Макдоналдс that is still open might be a bit tougher though.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...0GR0S320140827
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:02 pm

By the way, where did you "open" your russian visa? As you mentioned there is no border control between Russia and Belarus. So, did you stamp your pass somewhere at the Moscow train station?
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:16 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by beresin
By the way, where did you "open" your russian visa? As you mentioned there is no border control between Russia and Belarus. So, did you stamp your pass somewhere at the Moscow train station?
No border checks/stamps between Belarus and Russia. I got a an entry slip when flying into Minsk Airport and just handed that over to immigration when leaving St. Petersburg.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 7:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beresin
Welcome to FlyerTalk beresin
Old Apr 3, 2015, 10:02 am

Excellent trip report - I've always wanted to visit Moscow/St P, but I'm definitely going to have to check out Ukraine/Belarus. Thank you for posting.
Old Apr 3, 2015, 4:29 pm

Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:02 am

I read that a Visa for Russia costs $300.

Also you need to arrange hotels etc through a Travel Agency?

Seems like a pain.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bretteee
Depends on your citizenship of course!

I don't think there is any need to arrange hotels through an agency for most visas, but you may need to have a hotel reservation before applying for the visa.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 4:11 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT
Now this is a F'ing trip report.

How were you ever able to do it by not dragging it out over 12 pages? I mean, you posted everything one after the other...Why were you able to do this without dragging it out for weeks on end?

Too bad you won't win trip report of the year with this strategy.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jamest314
Excellent trip report - I've always wanted to visit Moscow/St P, but I'm definitely going to have to check out Ukraine/Belarus. Thank you for posting.
Thank you, Jamest314. Ukraine is very cheap at the moment and Belarus is a nice stop on the way to Russia too.

Originally Posted by mrflyhigher
Amazing pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, mrflyhigher.
Originally Posted by Bretteee

Also you need to arrange hotels etc through a Travel Agency?

Seems like a pain.
I paid $40 for the visa (NZ passport) and $30 for a letter of invitation. The Dubai consulate wanted the original LOI (not an emailed copy) so I had to pay $70 for the LOI to be couriered from Moscow too.

Originally Posted by Calchas
Depends on your citizenship of course!

I don't think there is any need to arrange hotels through an agency for most visas, but you may need to have a hotel reservation before applying for the visa.
I think you have to register if you're in Russia for >7 days too(?). I was only there for 5 days but the hotel in St. Petersberg still insisted I had to pay a 3 euro registration fee.

Originally Posted by akersnl
Now this is a F'ing trip report.

How were you ever able to do it by not dragging it out over 12 pages? I mean, you posted everything one after the other...Why were you able to do this without dragging it out for weeks on end?

Too bad you won't win trip report of the year with this strategy.
Many thanks, akersnl. Haha!!! Yes, I think it's much easier to read a trip report from beginning to end if you only have to click once and then scroll down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.